Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 36774 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 12:49:12 »

I think that's fair - I hate to beat up on the club relentlessly but during Early Bird Season Ticket time surely you get the shop open as much as possible, those loyal fans that want their regular seat may even leave the club shop with some 'merch' bringing in additional revenue. Not having the place open when advertised during the Early Bird window isn't good at all.

I'm not one of the 'club don't deserve the fans' type people, but for us to amass the Season Ticket sales we have, the club really has to do better.

Absolutely. I think we've gone too shoe string.

Mooneyraker's post is one I've seen a fair bit recently - e.g. if you are paying for something via bank transfer then yes you should get a timely acknowledgement.

I get its down to one person doing them in batches, but is that good enough?

Getting hold of people seems to be a bit hit and miss too.

But I'm alright Jack, I live in Swindon, though I do live in Swindon so am I alright?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 12:50:14 »

It's not really rose tinted spectacles to suggest that *Jed* ran a tighter and steadier ship and that is a really depressing thought.

Edit: Honourable exception for the commercial fella, who appears to be absolutely stellar at his job to the untrained eye.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 12:56:55 by Nemo » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 12:55:04 »

Getting hold of people seems to be a bit hit and miss too.

But I'm alright Jack, I live in Swindon, though I do live in Swindon so am I alright?

Can't comment on the other bits, but will observe that people have been moaning that its difficult to get hold of anyone at the club for bloody years on here, way before the present regimes involvement.

As for the final bit, I found myself in Purton and going across north Swindon the other week from Highworth and the travel was bloody horrible, so no you are not alright, I couldn't be doing with that nonsense!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 12:56:07 »

Maybe get the Sponsorship lad to take a wider remit?  that or he could get the hold queue music sponsored.  "Thank you for calling, all our staff are currently busy serving other customers, please hold while we wait to connect you, in the meantime, enjoy 30 seconds of Greensleeves brought to you by Wyevale Garden Centre, currently offering buy one get one free on Chrysanthemum's".
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 12:57:20 »

Maybe get the Sponsorship lad to take a wider remit?  that or he could get the hold queue music sponsored.  "Thank you for calling, all our staff are currently busy serving other customers, please hold while we wait to connect you, in the meantime, enjoy 30 seconds of Greensleeves brought to you by Wyevale Garden Centre, currently offering buy one get one free on Chrysanthemum's".

"Official Chrysanthemum partner of Swindon Town FC"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 13:03:52 »

Can't comment on the other bits, but will observe that people have been moaning that its difficult to get hold of anyone at the club for bloody years on here, way before the present regimes involvement.

As for the final bit, I found myself in Purton and going across north Swindon the other week from Highworth and the travel was bloody horrible, so no you are not alright, I couldn't be doing with that nonsense!

I can onyl really comment about the change I have seen from 2016, when I moved away.  Even back to the 90's the shop always felt a bit ramshackle and the ticketing chaps reeked of coming from a shift at a local Post Office.  However, my return trip at the end of 2021 was very odd - the place was completely dysfunctional.  It's like they tried to upgrade with technology but kept the same sort of staff around - well meaning but ultimately utterly lost.  It took 20 mins to run up the price of one item because nobody knew how to work the system properly.

The stories on here suggest similar with ticketing in more recent times, an area I thought Danny Lee had improved for a while.  He certainly turned the Commercial/Hospitality side around.  I think the more recent grumbles likely translate to his loss.  He was replaced by the chap now focusing purely on Commercial, and seemingly doing a stellar job as it happens.  But they shifted ticketing and retail under the Finance chap.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 13:15:09 »

No one can explain to me a business that is investing in a pitch in the way that we clearly are, yet is leaving its two main sources of revenue (ticketing and retail) completely rudderless.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 13:15:45 »

I went back to Twitter to see if the issues had been resolved, but the tweet from earlier has been deleted. I guess if it was resolved quickly then no harm was done. My only (albeit minor) gripe from the actual tweet which I forgot to mention earlier was that it didn't actually end with 'we apologise for any inconvenience caused and are working hard to rectify the issue' or something along those lines.

Anyway - it seems to not be a problem so get shopping people!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 13:16:22 »

Maybe I only really took notice recently. I had replies when I had queries/issues in the past but to be fair that was Danny Lee.

Rob - 2021 was pretty early into the Clem era, so I can sort of see why that may have been a factory.
Less so this years season ticket launch, maybe GN's departure blindsided them.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 13:22:57 »

No one can explain to me a business that is investing in a pitch in the way that we clearly are, yet is leaving its two main sources of revenue (ticketing and retail) completely rudderless.

Maybe it's a simple case that because of the pitch maintenance and other behind the scenes bills that need to be paid (and will be expensive) we're having to make sacrifices?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 16:12:45 »

I know a few people who were caught out on the last day of the early bird period due to the website only accepting renewals on a finance basis and not an upfront payment - perils of leaving things last minute I guess!

The social media bloke was serving on the tills in the shop when I went in recently, they do love a bit of multi tasking..
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 11:46:25 »

In a small business you need to be able to multitask and where several different 'hats' sometimes but usually in the key positions there is a main person, at the moment we don't seem to have that, hopefully things will get rectified.

Be nice to see an org chart once they fill relevant positions
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 11:53:10 »

Not sure with our turnover we fall under any definition of a “small business”.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 12:14:28 »

Not sure with our turnover we fall under any definition of a “small business”.

Turning over £6m is small fry in business terms, for comparison the government defines an SME as having a turnover of <£50m
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 12:21:56 »

My point is we shouldn't be rolling the club into the same category as your local tea room.

People seem desperate to give them a free pass on being relentlessly chaotic, understaffed and half arsed.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: