Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Harrogate pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22715 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 11:33:09 »

I understand the sentiment/comparison, but Hasney Aljofree would be more of a suitable comparison than Greer I think.

I don't think McDonald is that much of a wanker is he?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 11:33:19 »

I understand the sentiment/comparison, but Hasney Aljofree would be more of a suitable comparison than Greer I think.

Bigger picture is, we fucked it in the window and now we’re painfully short. Adrian Mariappa would be good wouldn’t he? go and get him sharpish 👀….

Ability / talent wise sure.
Aljofree wasn’t ever considered our best defender, let alone when we let him go.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 11:38:23 »

Greer’s probably the best centre half I’ve seen for us  (Showing my age here), Angus was very average at times, but fucking hell we do miss him.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 11:38:52 »

I don't think McDonald is that much of a wanker is he?

Depends who you ask 👀 players seemed to get on with him just fine.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 11:53:58 »

Ability / talent wise sure.
Aljofree wasn’t ever considered our best defender, let alone when we let him go.

Was McDonald considered our best defender before he left, it seem to be after his departure that he has been elevated to that level?

Aljofree had pretty much alienated the fan base before he left anyway, not sure anyone moruned his departure like they have with McDonald?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 11:55:05 »

Was McDonald considered our best defender before he left, it seem to be after his departure that he has been elevated to that level?

Aljofree had pretty much alienated the fan base before he left anyway, not sure anyone moruned his departure like they have with McDonald?

I considered him our best defender.
Cant speak for anyone else
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 12:01:25 »

I’d agree, but have also heard that he was a bit of a cunt around the club, but not necessarily with the other players.

Also was said he was dropped from the pikeys game because he refused to train.
I’m assuming based on that they let him go for free without paying him anything.
The biggest problem was not signing the CB from Spurs in the window. Also doesn’t help that our best two CB’s (if fit) are both left sided and don’t appear to be able to play together
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #67 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 12:02:15 »

Easily our best pure defender. Plenty of others in the back line have better attributes but there were none better at tackling, heading and interceptions imo. I wasn't that bothered about him leaving at the time, but I assumed we would be replacing with better. We didn't.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 13:36:29 »

Sadly I have to agree, if we are talking about immediate performance needs.  Clayton probably is our best prospect and could easily become a far better player, but he needs a guiding hand.  Brennan and him are going to be looking to each other for help, which is a problem.

It's just such a poorly cobbled together squad - if having an automatic promotion chasing consistent team was the aim.  There may be two positions in the team where we have a first choice and a back-up who covers the same role as - Right Back (I rate Lavinier just ahead of Hutton) and Left Back (Tomlinson and FBT).  Everywhere else it's a random mess - Kahn has no other, Cain has no other, Austin has no other (Jephcott has none of the outside the box ability) and so on.  Even the first choice players are young and inconsistent, as you'd expect.

We will win 2-1
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 13:55:25 »

Of course he was, but primarily because of his experience.   You only have to look at the goals against column to see that is the case.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 14:28:33 »

Aljofree offering out the fans after an away game at Stockport was a particular highlight. What a cunt.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 14:32:03 »

Aljofree offering out the fans after an away game at Stockport was a particular highlight. What a cunt.

I took a look at the match day thread for that one earlier (mainly for self indulgent reasons as I attended it on my stag and wondered what I had had to say about it), makes interesting (and strangely familiar) reading, generally nothing much seems to change. http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=30972.0

FWIW our fans were fucking weird that day, but offering someone out in earshot of pretty much the entire away support really wasn't the best idea!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 14:47:02 »

Fucking weird thread when nobody has the game to actually watch as it happens - all hail iFollow!

It’s just a continual rant.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 16:31:26 »

He was suspended, he's now not suspended so should be back in the squad I would have thought.

Bloody hell I thought he had also picked up an injury as well?!

Cheers Mr Orange
« Last Edit: Friday, February 24, 2023, 16:42:50 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 16:36:25 »

Cant see them breaking 50 let alone 100!

Yeah but...IT's SWINDON TOWN  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: