Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Harrogate pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23701 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 08:49:04 »

Sandro himself yelled it as he emptied his bollock over my arse

Think it's maybe a different reddit forum thing you should be on?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 08:50:34 »

Did I imagine it, or did someone say that he really didn't want to be here  and was making it very obvious he wanted out to the extent of not acting particularly professionally?

There were certainly rumours, although it was unclear whether this was chicken or egg; was he unhappy he was being pushed out or being pushed out because he was unhappy to be here.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 08:58:39 »

Did I imagine it, or did someone say that he really didn't want to be here  and was making it very obvious he wanted out to the extent of not acting particularly professionally?

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/swindon-complete-deal-for-macdonald/

It was a bit of a curious one with Angus Mac. I had to look back in the archives but he was brought in on a 2 year deal, presumably on half decent money and was club captain. We heard rumblings about him being unsettled/disruptive behind the scenes, something must have happened for us and him to tear up the remaining 1.5 years of his contract to allow him to move to Aberdeen. Not even getting an undisclosed fee for an asset when our director of football is so vocal about making money on players is curious. Perhaps we do get some compo from Aberdeen as part of the way the 'deal' happened. Similar to what Sutton are looking to do if we ever sign Ward.

As we always say, nothing is very straight forward around these parts!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 09:33:05 »

Attempt at a likeup...

Brynn
Hutton Brennan Clayton Iandolo
             Cain Kadji
   RHM McEachran Wakeling
               Austin

Options on the bench: Darcy did well against Salford as an (enforced) impact sub but wouldn't rush to play him for the full 90. Not sure if Williams is available. Jephcott could also be in consideration but probably only if Morris saw a tactical advantage of playing two up top with a diamond midfield. Other than that we've not got a lot have we... Aguiar, Adeloye, a half-fit Shade and the kids.

I'll give Adeloye some credit, his finishing looked sharp in the warm up at Salford. Would love to see him grab another goal soon and build up a bit of confidence.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 24, 2023, 09:35:58 by reeves4england » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 09:39:49 »

Brynn
             Kadji
     RHM     Cain       McEachran
            Austin Wakeling

Think it might be too narrow and weak in the middle?

edit alternate:

Brynn
        Brennan   Clayton  Minturn
 Hutton                                   Iandolo
              Cain  Kadji  McEachran
                 Austin  Wakeling

Ugh, this is difficult

« Last Edit: Friday, February 24, 2023, 09:43:54 by Batch » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 09:43:40 »

When Greer went to Brighton (yes, I’m mentioning that again) the same rumours went around about him being disruptive and a bad influence in the dressing room. Unprofessional etc etc.

Yet, now - a long time after the incident. Everyone from that team (play off final to relegation) have all said on various podcasts words to the effect that losing Greer completely split the dressing room, took away the leader and took away a lot of the professionalism.

I think fans like to lean on ‘bad attitude’ to make themselves feel better about rubbish transfers - so the player becomes the enemy rather than the club.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 09:47:18 »

Attempt at a likeup...

Brynn
             Cain Kadji
   RHM McEachran Wakeling
               Austin

Options on the bench: Darcy did well against Salford as an (enforced) impact sub but wouldn't rush to play him for the full 90. Not sure if Williams is available. Jephcott could also be in consideration but probably only if Morris saw a tactical advantage of playing two up top with a diamond midfield. Other than that we've not got a lot have we... Aguiar, Adeloye, a half-fit Shade and the kids.

I'll give Adeloye some credit, his finishing looked sharp in the warm up at Salford. Would love to see him grab another goal soon and build up a bit of confidence.

That probably the best we have and looks like a team with goals in it..... for Harrogate sadly.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #52 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 09:49:25 »

Att: 10,301 - 106 tea swiggers
They took 100 fans on an 85 mile trip to Grimsby, last season they brought 41 for their first ever trip to Swindon while they occupied 7th place in the table, this seaosn they sit in 21st place. They took only 87 Salford for a 57 mile trip and took 21 to Colchester.

Cant see them breaking 50 let alone 100!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 09:49:36 »

Attempt at a likeup...

Brynn
             Cain Kadji
   RHM McEachran Wakeling
               Austin

I wonder if McEachran could play deeper in the holding two and Darcy come in at #10
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 09:49:56 »

When Greer went to Brighton (yes, I’m mentioning that again) the same rumours went around about him being disruptive and a bad influence in the dressing room. Unprofessional etc etc.

Yet, now - a long time after the incident. Everyone from that team (play off final to relegation) have all said on various podcasts words to the effect that losing Greer completely split the dressing room, took away the leader and took away a lot of the professionalism.

I think fans like to lean on ‘bad attitude’ to make themselves feel better about rubbish transfers - so the player becomes the enemy rather than the club.

The difference (ignoring that Greer was a far better player) is that Greer was sold for a decent fee - not enough to make it a good idea, but enough that you could sort of see the logic. MacDonald was shipped out on what seems to be at best a free, if not even us paying him off. We don't know that, but he tore up an 18 month contract and joined Aberdeen on a shorter one, normally that would require some financial pay-off unless he REALLY wanted out and was happy to give up the guaranteed money.

To a point I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been more said (by the club, the manager etc.) about the circumstances involved in releasing our captain six months after signing and without any clear reason why as he was in the team every week. Makes me wonder if it might have been a personal circumstances thing, but it's not like Aberdeen is closer to home.

In the absence of any actual information, there are always going to be rumours I guess, it's just pick your own poison whether MacDonald was a bad boy (explains his previous romantic attachments) or Sandro just wanted anyone over 25 out of the club on a point of religious doctrine.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 09:52:35 »

The difference (ignoring that Greer was a far better player) is that Greer was sold for a decent fee - not enough to make it a good idea, but enough that you could sort of see the logic. MacDonald was shipped out on what seems to be at best a free, if not even us paying him off. We don't know that, but he tore up an 18 month contract and joined Aberdeen on a shorter one, normally that would require some financial pay-off unless he REALLY wanted out and was happy to give up the guaranteed money.

To a point I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been more said (by the club, the manager etc.) about the circumstances involved in releasing our captain six months after signing and without any clear reason why as he was in the team every week. Makes me wonder if it might have been a personal circumstances thing, but it's not like Aberdeen is closer to home.

In the absence of any actual information, there are always going to be rumours I guess, it's just pick your own poison whether MacDonald was a bad boy (explains his previous romantic attachments) or Sandro just wanted anyone over 25 out of the club on a point of religious doctrine.

In fairness my only reason for comparison was the rumours about said player as and when they were leaving.

The fact they were both our best defender, captain, experienced pro and season defining transfers is just co-incidence
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 10:01:38 »

but it's not like Aberdeen is closer to home.

Angus McDonald, of the clan McDonald, course it is...  Wink Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 10:23:02 »

In fairness my only reason for comparison was the rumours about said player as and when they were leaving.

I'm not doubting you, but I don't remember that at the time.

I do remember though thay many of us thought Cuthbert was the better player that season. And as it turned out as soon as Greer left he went down hill.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 11:21:36 »

I understand the sentiment/comparison, but Hasney Aljofree would be more of a suitable comparison than Greer I think.

Bigger picture is, we fucked it in the window and now we’re painfully short. Adrian Mariappa would be good wouldn’t he? go and get him sharpish 👀….
« Last Edit: Friday, February 24, 2023, 11:24:00 by MangoRed » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 11:32:45 »

They took 100 fans on an 85 mile trip to Grimsby, last season they brought 41 for their first ever trip to Swindon while they occupied 7th place in the table, this seaosn they sit in 21st place. They took only 87 Salford for a 57 mile trip and took 21 to Colchester.

Cant see them breaking 50 let alone 100!

…..and we find the club in the same division as this shit week in and week out.
So frustrating.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: