Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon Matchday & Buildup  (Read 22666 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 13:46:46 »

Not ideal. Time for Kadji to shine!
I dunno. I’d rather Williams comes in. Whilst Kadji has looked ok, mobile and what not I’m not entirely sure he helps in terms of the set up, he falls more into the headless chicken bracket for me.
DMC

« Reply #331 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 14:14:13 »

I dunno. I’d rather Williams comes in. Whilst Kadji has looked ok, mobile and what not I’m not entirely sure he helps in terms of the set up, he falls more into the headless chicken bracket for me.
2 games as a pro footballer. I am sure the young lad is appreciative of your support
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 14:16:30 »

They're totally different players. Kadji is much more physical and destructive than Williams, who is by far our best player on the ball but about as much use off it as a wet sponge. If we're playing 3-5-2, McEachran and Williams are probably playing for one position with Khan/Cain/Kadji.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 14:20:59 »

is Williams available?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #334 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 14:27:15 »

is Williams available?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 15:15:01 »

I thought Kadji looked quite useful against Doncaster. He clearly has talent and looks the sort of player that will improve no end after a few more games. If Kadji gets a decent run in the team, which he probably will now due to Khans stupidity, I think he will make a name for himself. Just a shame he is on City's books ! 

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 18:13:50 »

2 games as a pro footballer. I am sure the young lad is appreciative of your support
That’s not what I meant. He was all over the place as he was keen to be involved but that’s not always a good thing, I say headless chicken as he was running around all over the place seemingly without a plan at times. To me that seemed detrimental to the team as it left the midfield in a bit of mess and people were always out of position. You can have a player play well individually but not necessarily help with the performance of the team and I felt that was the case with Kadji and was born out on Saturday when the midfield look a bit more stable. He’s very raw and with such a young team already I’m not sure he’s really what we need at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 18:39:04 »

I was more impressed with him at Sutton.

I get what you are saying, and you aren't saying he can't be the next vierra.

Bedding in takes time. We don't have that this season.  Though I think we are knackered now.

why oh why didn't we gamble and keep Reed and Gladders.. £100k made back in the playoffs.. guess we can't afford such gambles any more
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 18:41:50 »

Clayton would have been worth trying in a holding midfield role, aside from the fact he's now the senior pro at centre back.

Kadji is all we have really.  Cain is not going to be that more physical defensive cover type of midfielder and Williams and McEachran are essentially the same player, a drifting attack minded creator.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 18:43:34 »

I was more impressed with him at Sutton.

I get what you are saying, and you aren't saying he can't be the next vierra.

Bedding in takes time. We don't have that this season.  Though I think we are knackered now.

why oh why didn't we gamble and keep Reed and Gladders.. £100k made back in the playoffs.. guess we can't afford such gambles any more

Plenty were more than happy to see those two go - as always, it's not the letting go that's difficult but finding someone better.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 20:47:17 »

Plenty were more than happy to see those two go - as always, it's not the letting go that's difficult but finding someone better.
Yes. In fact all three departures in the window were regularly criticised by the majority of fans. The abuse of MacDonald after the Gillingham away game was among the worst I've ever seen.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: