Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon Matchday & Buildup  (Read 22663 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:23:00 »

Could really do with a win here, four losses in a row is not what any new coach needs.

Looking at the presser notes, it's not great news on injuries:

Tomlinson is "quite a way away" from training properly. He's striking balls, but not in full training. Marcel Lavinier is further away. He may not return for another three or four weeks, and that could be optimistic.

Reece Devine is back training. Tyrese Shade might have an outside chance of making the squad. He's had a hamstring injury which he's struggled with previously. Today was the first session he's been close to full intensity.

Jonny Williams is still out. He'll need re-assessing early next week. He's been struggling with dizzy spells so may not even make the Harrogate game.

Last game of RHM's suspension. No new injuries. Expecting a pretty similar team to vs Sutton, just because we don't have much else.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:27:46 »

Salford 3 Swindon 0 Att: 2690 (650 Town fans) plan for a rebuild in the summer!

« Last Edit: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:53:14 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:28:27 »

Unfortunately can’t see anything other than another defeat, however would be just typical Swindon to somehow shithouse a 1-0 win
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:31:25 »

Another defeat.

We need the injured players back asap, then Morris can start with a clean slate, its not his fault he has inheritied an injured and weak squad, difficult to change things in the 1 day of his appointment before the deadline window closed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:32:52 »

Very disappointed Tomlinson is quite away away. Discussion about this have happened elsewhere on the TEF about it being a bit of a loss leader so we can buy for next year - I'm a bit surprised given we seen to be chasing every penny.  Perhaps the Peterborough deal over wages is good.

Lavinier a big loss too. Was starting to make big impacts in games.
-------
Given its 'as you were' I'm a bit worried about this one. Austin and a couple of others will have heavy legs.

Cain will be fresh, wouldn't be surprised to see him come in. Let's see how he looks with khan along side.

I was inexplicably optimistic Tuesday, can't see beyond a 2 goal loss here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:43:01 »

We haven't had a draw for a while, so I'll predict a draw.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 09:45:17 »

Yeah, the only real options I guess are Cain, Wakeling and Darcy over Kadji, Jephcott and McEachran. I wouldn't be surprised to see McEachran start from the bench after starting on Tuesday.
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 10:46:55 »

I watched the EFL highlights from Tuesday night and the pitch at Salford looks awful!  Sad
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 10:48:11 »

We haven't had a draw for a while, so I'll predict a draw.
Had one more recently than a win  Crying

Just can't see us keeping the scoring down against a team of experienced giants so may have to go gung ho.

4-3 defeat
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 13:49:30 »

I bought a ticket as Im working in Victoria Warehouse in Manc on Sunday so it worked out well to go the day early.  It was back when I was full of optimism about a new broom and all that sort of shit.  Im now tempted to stay at home but I may as well go.

3 nil loss incoming.

Never knowingly overstated.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 13:58:41 »

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1626572299137691649

Sad Bad Mood

The tone of this tweet says all you need to know about the clubs ambitions- underdogs at Salford.
'Premier League Thinking' 
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 14:06:34 »

I keep predicting defeats and we keep getting them so I'm going for a win this time. 2-1 in our favour with a brace from Charlie.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 14:39:01 »

I've witness two games this year, Harrogate (A) and Walsall (H). Both defeats, so I'm hoping the record improves tomorrow. Not optimistic but stranger things have happened.

Injuries and suspensoins are killing us right now. Expect Cain to start after being on the bench midweek.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 15:00:17 »

Can't see us winning this, Salford to win 4-0

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 17, 2023, 15:16:29 »

The injury situation is mad. Has any coach had to shovel so much shit straight away? Fucking hell.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: