Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 20540 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:04:43 »

We'll piss about sideways in our own half.
We'll lose.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:05:53 »

Williams, Shade, Lavinier, Tomlinson all out. RHM still suspended.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:05:55 »

From the Morris presser: Williams is out with concussion. We knew instantly he would be unavailable, and we are assessing him. He took a really bad knock and he wasn't feeling great. Shade, Lavinier, Tomlinson not available. RHM still suspended. Khan back.

Can't say I feel good about this one, but fingers crossed. Khan back in for Williams I'd expect, not really sure how that midfield sets up though.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:08:34 »

THE ADVER (Jonny Leighfield)

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23318142.jody-morris-press-conference-live-updates-ahead-sutton-v-swindon/#comments-anchor

There were elements where we didn't do badly. We had them in on Sunday anyway because of the short turnaround, some guys were doing light training. The two goals were really disappointing, clearly, and we didn't go near their goal anywhere near enough. But there were things we did well, and I made sure to show the players that. We were clearly on top before the goals, so it's disappointing, but it wasn't all bad.

ON COPING WITHOUT WILLIAMS

When you lose your top scorer, it's always difficult. He was one of the only bright sparks on Saturday. But we've missed players already, so it's not something we're not used to. There are plenty of personal that I'd like to be using, but we have to find a way without them.

ON KHAN

He breaks up play fantastically well. The two games I watched live, he was the best player on the pitch - I felt. Not only can he break up play, but he keeps the game ticking over. He can obviously improve, no doubt, and I feel like I can help him unlock that. We need to make sure that when he comes back in, he doesn't get any silly red cards again.

ON SUTTON

I know a little bit about Sutton - I don't live a million miles away. I've played in charity games there. They've got some good history there in the cup, so it's not an easy place to go. We know it's a tough place to go, so we have to make sure we're up for the battle.

I have a little soft spot for them, and the people there deserve great credit for getting them to where they are. But clearly, I want us to beat them and that's what we'll be aiming to do.

ON BRAND AND WARD

We may be getting close to a resolution over Brand, so watch this space.

Meanwhile, the Ward situation is relatively complicated still. The relevant people are trying to get it done, but we don't know whether it's going to happen.

I get a strong suspicion that Morris is quite frustrated over both. He's the kind of character who wears his heart on his sleeve. Not a fan of the bureaucratic tape involved in these things.

TOTAL SPORT
https://www.totalswindon.com/sport/press-conference-live-sutton-united-v-swindon/

Jody Morris on Sutton:

I know a little bit about the place as I live quite close. I have played there before and know friends who have been there. They have had some FA Cups runs, so it is not an easy place to go. We have to focus on what we are trying to do and impose ourselves regardless of the surroundings. I have a soft spot for them as they are a little club who have done well and they deserve to be here.

Jody Morris on Ed Brand:

Honestly lads, I have no idea. We were under the impression it should be done today, but I have thought that for two weeks.

Jody Morris on a reaction:

I want to see better, for sure. I have felt that both times, and I think that in parts of training. I don't want to kill the lads and go over the top. There were things I was asking that they were trying to do. In the second half I do believe we looked better and were more agressive with our running. There were things that I was hoping to see and we moved the ball at times. Up until the 70th minute we were clearly on top. It was an awful goal to concede, so was the second. After that it wasn't great and we need to do better in adversity and if we can negate those moments where we switch off. We need to do better for the fans in a lot of ways, but I don't think they owe me anything. I don't want them to feel too down, it is just a moment. No one wants three points more than me, but for their development they need a coaches reaction, not just a fans one.

Jody Morris on patience:

I have seen it when you get an upturn and a bounce, but things happen. Like getting sent off in the first game and having players missing and changing the way we play. We have to look at ourselves, but when you are on top of games mistakes are costly and we have to reduce those. Then build on the positives. I would love to say give me time, but no one wants to win more than me and while we learn we can still be winning games. If we win 1-0 on Saturday the video would have been worse yesterday. I have won plenty of games where I have screamed my head off at players. Us conceding an easy goal and then falling away, I felt I had to show both sides to pick them up a bit. Some fans might disagree, but I have to get them where I want to get them to.

I asked Morris about a Brand back-up plan, Lewis Ward, and feeling under pressure:

* I am being told that it should be done so not really
  * There are still questions about how he left his last club and if it fair for him to walk into another club. It is all very confusing
  * I don't feel under any pressure, I have a thick enough skin for fans to say what they want.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:30:26 by Batch » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:09:21 »

I know Williams is concussion but the obvious lack of fitness and injuries we get are getting ridiculous. Ricky Mcfarlane has rocked up at Crawley I see so hopefully that’s going to be another area where changes get made.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:14:32 »

Jody Morris on Ed Brand:

Honestly lads, I have no idea. We were under the impression it should be done today, but I have thought that for two weeks.

Jesus wept. Brewery, piss up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:20:54 »

I mean yes and no.  Without knowing why its difficult to gauge.

It does seem everything is taking ages these days. And yes its frustrating.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:25:21 »

The club completely embarrassing now. If the usual defenders can stop pretending it isn't that would be greeeeaaat.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:25:57 »

Problem is no one with football experience running the club.

The sheer shambles of the Lindsey then Morris delays proves this
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:26:32 »

Edit - the adver interpretation of the same question seems to be more upbeat
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 14:31:34 »

The club completely embarrassing now. If the usual defenders can stop pretending it isn't that would be greeeeaaat.

Literally thought the same earlier- every day it becomes more and more embarrassing.

At least Morris, as long as he lasts/ can put up with it, will call out the BS.

Lindsey was a pure yes man
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 15:05:53 »

We need to employ a capable club secretary and some admin staff like a year ago. Getting Austin in and a Head Coach that looks good like Morris is pointless if we can't get his number two in and piss him off and we miss out on a Centre Back replacement because there is no one who can scan a PDF and send it to the EFL.

Proper shite.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 15:09:16 »

.. miss out on a Centre Back replacement because there is no one who can scan a PDF and send it to the EFL.

Do you honestly think that's what happened?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 15:12:52 »

Do you honestly think that's what happened?
I don't think it can be categorically ruled out...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 15:15:23 »

I know Williams is concussion but the obvious lack of fitness and injuries we get are getting ridiculous. Ricky Mcfarlane has rocked up at Crawley I see so hopefully that’s going to be another area where changes get made.

Was he the fitness coach ? how many more are going to end up at Crawley ?

Who is our physio now that our physio has gone on Mat leave, I've not seen anything announced - although that is not a great surprise, it will probably be announced the end of the season

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: