Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 21911 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, February 4, 2023, 18:21:42 »

Interesting to see Williams say that RHM had a gash down his leg. Doesn't surprise me and his reaction makes more sense, but still inexcusable.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, February 4, 2023, 18:23:27 »

He was obviously riled but like you say it dosen't excuse his actions.

So, give no fucks
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, February 4, 2023, 18:29:43 »

Just curious, as I wasn't there.

When Austin was subbed on 90 mins who was given the armband?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, February 4, 2023, 18:36:12 »

Just curious, as I wasn't there.

When Austin was subbed on 90 mins who was given the armband?

FBT
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 08:25:33 »

Interesting to see that the Newport manager said it wasn’t a red too. We haven’t had the rub of the green last couple weeks (FBT “handball” and the red card yesterday, both of which looked like the right decision live to me). Luck will turn and it was nice to see proactive subs from a manager yesterday which improved the team. The squad has a lot of spirit which has got us to this stage. A bit of tactical nous and we can keep in the playoff race, despite being a couple of players short.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 09:16:22 »

Didn't see the incident live, but looking at the highlights the contact does seem to be in the head / face area which would be a red.
In the chest and he probably gets a yellow.
As per usual the contact possibly might not have been enough for their guy to go down clutching his face like he did.
But that's the way of it unfortunately.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 09:35:31 »

Quote from: JoeMezz
. We haven’t had the rub of the green last couple weeks (FBT “handball” and the red card yesterday, both of which looked like the right decision live to me). 

the red looked a red to me. Way softer than their player made it.  but as above the hands were in and around the face.

FBT pen was a terrible decision, but we did get one of our own and Austin got away with another too (imo). we have had some luck
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 11:04:41 »

Newport commentary said it themselves , it was clearly a shove to the chest with a clear view from that side, and the Newport man made the most of it by going down holding his face. I was thinking at the time, how many reds do you see for shoves to the chest? I can’t think of any. But the ref bought the Emmy winning performance and the assistants and 4th official hasn’t helped the ref out at all.

If I was the club, I’d be appealing the straight red / 3? Match ban.

That doesn’t detract from the fact that RHM was utterly moronic for giving Newport exactly what they were hoping to get and getting himself in a position where the ref has to make a decision on what card to get out.

luckily for him (probably) we’re so light on numbers that it probably won’t put him out of the selection frame once he’s back. In a squad with more depth you could see him being shuffled to the back of the pack as that moment ultimately sums up his involvement this season so far, looking lively and threatening in bit parts but marred by absolutely terrible decision making.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #428 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 11:15:44 »

Once again the poster on this forum that gets it spot on.
Iandolo a passenger.
FBT motm easy call.

Absolutely livid tonight Hepburn Murphy.
Brain dead twat. Newport were shite, we lost.
Absolutely spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 11:28:47 »

Saw on someone else's Twatter feed that RHM has posted an image of the injury- open wound to the knee/ lower thigh. That sort of shit makes people respond in funny ways and possibly explains RHM's reaction?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 11:42:12 »

Yer tis

* AC3959BD-C39C-40C6-B933-59744B6E3E8F.jpeg (236.12 KB, 807x1747 - viewed 324 times.)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 13:19:30 »

Injury looks nasty

Problem is you cannot react- though the Newport player as do most in league 2- went down like he had been shot and holding his face.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 13:26:24 »

Not just league 2 it's rife across all levels of football.

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 14:31:04 »

Do we know how many Town fans were there yesterday?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 15:01:00 »

They roughed us up for a bit, to be expected....well it fucking should but it looked as if we didnt expect it !
We just never got going at all.

The shit housery tailed off and they just ran around and spoiled play and took their chances.
At a fourth tier level, they probably deserved it.

Silly silly sending off but im not sure it cost us.

I stuck with it to the bitter end and was a bit shocked we managed to score a goal!

write it off and move on.

Had a glance back to a post ref the shit teams that turned us over last season and the cost to us, that game yesterday is certainly in that bracket.

NB - My favourite bit of shit housery yesterday, was the lad running into the box and grabbing a defenders arm, yanking it and doing a somersault...quality!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: