Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 16:30:44)
Sol Brynn - 0 (0%)
Marcel Lavinier - 4 (6.8%)
Ellis Iandolo (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 24 (40.7%)
Ciaran Brennan (sub 74) - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 3 (5.1%)
Saidou Khan (sent off 81) - 2 (3.4%)
Jonny Williams (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 72) - 0 (0%)
Charlie Charlie Austin - 19 (32.2%)
Luke Jephcott  (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Tyrese Shade (on 45) - 0 (0%)
Jake Cain (on 45) - 3 (5.1%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (on 45) - 1 (1.7%)
Ronan Darcy (on 72) - 0 (0%)
Harrison Minturn (on 74) - 3 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Gillingham MoM Thread  (Read 3582 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 19:28:59 »

FBT was his usual good self, what changed the game was us having someone else in midfield alongside Khan and that was Cain who I thought was excellent. Would have gone for Cain if he’d played the wholly game.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 19:37:44 »

I get the regular FBT  love ins, have partaken quite happily in the past.

But we get zilch out of that game today without CA.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 19:39:05 »

Would have gone for Cain if he’d played the wholly game.

I'd have thought not playing that first half would have helped Cain's case!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 19:40:32 »

I get the regular FBT  love ins, have partaken quite happily in the past.

But we get zilch out of that game today without CA.

Look, he scored twice, which is the most important thing, but he wasn't good today.

He was a threat in the box from crosses yes, but ultimately he scored a penalty and a deflected goal.

Let's not pretend he's single handedly dragged us over the line. Was a team effort today.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 19:52:57 »

Was a team effort today.

This is the main thing.
Not read back on the match day thread yet, but credit to Mad Gav for the half time subs.
I suspect that that was one of the more decisive moves in recent STFC history in terms of in game changes?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 20:02:30 »

2 goals Charlie for me.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 20:02:35 »

I'd have thought not playing that first half would have helped Cain's case!

😂 probably true, but I struggle to pick anyone that only plays half the game
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 20:10:49 »

Quote from: Pericardinho
Let's not pretend he's single handedly dragged us over the line. Was a team effort today.

true, but does jephcott do that?

definitely a team effort though - which is the point
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 20:21:50 »

true, but does jephcott do that?

definitely a team effort though - which is the point

I guess we'll never know!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 20:36:39 »

FBT like the team was awful majority first half, lost a lot of headers, diagonal passing not reaching and just out bullied by their big striker. 2nd half FBT was very good.

hutton will be giving the left back nightmares, had him on toast for 90 minutes and twisted him inside and out. he was the threat and and the width opened up the middle of the pitch. 1st half he was the only player that played well and did very well 2nd half as well. my vote
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 22:55:12 »

I rather agree that Austin 11 was the player without whom we'd not have achieved the 3 goals necessary to salvage the game.

However, I have to "out" myself as one of the 3 who voted for Minturn.

Having been horrified how we struggled defensively with an adjusted line up, I feared that the unexpected and forced introduction of our own teenage debutant (EFL) might prove fatally disruptive.  I would think our teenage defender can thank the influence of FBT alongside him.  However, as Gillingham's own attacking threat from set pieces and counter-attacks also grew in the latter stages, Minturn was equal to everything and stepped up.

To have conceded another goal would have rendered our own 3 goals worthless, so very well done Harrison!

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 23:11:18 »

I rather agree that Austin 11 was the player without whom we'd not have achieved the 3 goals necessary to salvage the game.

However, I have to "out" myself as one of the 3 who voted for Minturn.

Having been horrified how we struggled defensively with an adjusted line up, I feared that the unexpected and forced introduction of our own teenage debutant (EFL) might prove fatally disruptive.  I would think our teenage defender can thank the influence of FBT alongside him.  However, as Gillingham's own attacking threat from set pieces and counter-attacks also grew in the latter stages, Minturn was equal to everything and stepped up.

To have conceded another goal would have rendered our own 3 goals worthless, so very well done Harrison!

i remember at Woking preseason thinking he was an experienced pro on trial and looking brilliant. with an experienced cb partner i think he can really learn this league and be quality, unfortunately tom clayton is our best cb and although i rate them so highly a 20 and 22 year old cb pairing sounds a bit scary
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 00:41:59 »

i remember at Woking preseason thinking he was an experienced pro on trial and looking brilliant. with an experienced cb partner i think he can really learn this league and be quality, unfortunately tom clayton is our best cb and although i rate them so highly a 20 and 22 year old cb pairing sounds a bit scary

Don't struggle with our 21 yr old keeper though?

..never go back.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 04:16:09 »

Not sure why FBT has got so many votes as we were defensively a clueless, embarrassing, shitshow in the first half.  Every attack they had ended in a goal.  Yes the midfield were absent but FBT and Brennen proved why we need an experienced centre back like Macdonald.  
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 04:22:38 by Pookemon » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 07:14:27 »

But was that down to the shambolic set up rather than individuals?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: