Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 16:30:44)
Sol Brynn - 0 (0%)
Marcel Lavinier - 4 (6.8%)
Ellis Iandolo (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 24 (40.7%)
Ciaran Brennan (sub 74) - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 3 (5.1%)
Saidou Khan (sent off 81) - 2 (3.4%)
Jonny Williams (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 72) - 0 (0%)
Charlie Charlie Austin - 19 (32.2%)
Luke Jephcott  (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Tyrese Shade (on 45) - 0 (0%)
Jake Cain (on 45) - 3 (5.1%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (on 45) - 1 (1.7%)
Ronan Darcy (on 72) - 0 (0%)
Harrison Minturn (on 74) - 3 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Gillingham MoM Thread  (Read 3580 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:30:44 »

What a strange game. Anyone stand out there?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:31:30 »

FBT for the 2nd half performance.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:34:08 »

Quite liked RHM when he came on, chasing down a hopeless cause and the cross for the equaliser gets it for me. Agree FBT excellent in the second half though, and Lavinier improved out of sight after looking really bad for the first 30 too. Oh, and Austin scored twice, but we expect that!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:35:44 »

Quite liked RHM when he came on, chasing down a hopeless cause and the cross for the equaliser gets it for me. Agree FBT excellent in the second half though, and Lavinier improved out of sight after looking really bad for the first 30 too. Oh, and Austin scored twice, but we expect that!
Agree on that. Shade also looked lively on a par with RHM, if RHM had put that one great chance away it would have been a different story.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:37:33 »

Shade is shit.

Austin wasn't the best player today but without him we lose.  Head and shoulders over anyone else in our team at doing his actual job well.  He got on the end of about 4 crosses that were just looped up hopeful ones on top of driving on the good one.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 17:13:29 »

Laviner for me. No stand out performance today though. Ref was fucking shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 17:14:44 »

I usually agree with you Rob, but I thought Shade did ok today
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 17:15:33 »

I can't pick anyone that stands out really. so none of the above
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 17:35:35 »

He has had worse games, but his best is just not.impactful enough.  Sloppy passes, no pace or won't use it, checks back, too much time on the ball.  I can see why coaches have persisted with him, but I just think he is a drifter.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 17:37:59 »

Some very odd comments above, probably reflecting the anger and disappointment of the first half.

I don't think Gunning was particularly happy with Iandolo and Williams in the first half, which is why he changed them. Also, Jephcott was totally ineffective.

If you write off the first half you have:

TBT: Was outstanding. Marshalled the defence and snuffed out Gills threat. But also offered a bit going forward too.

Austin: Scores two, keeps Khan on the field for potentially longer than he should have been, by talking to the referee and stopping Khan from arguing. Then he was defending in our box too!

Agree with the above about RHM. If he'd slotted home on the break or even passed it to his right for whoever it was that was with him, then we'd have been raving about him. He made a couple of other chances for himself and put a superb cross in for the equaliser. But, he doesn't look fit and his first touch and composure lets him down.

Shade gave us a bit more strength and shape. He did OK, playing short sharp balls and roaming when he could.

Khan was superb and stupid in equal measures. If he could stop running into blind alleys and then fouling he would be much better. He could have been sent off for the first challenge that earned a yellow. There were also 2-3 other niggly things that another ref would have booked him for. But, made us tick, a couple of rasping shots and drove us forward.

Hutton: Why keep cutting inside in the first half? Prob best of a bad bunch in the first half. Maybe because his crossing wasnt that good in the second.

Lavinier: I thought he flattered to deceive all game. Didn't do anything particularly wrong, but had opportunities to do much better that he consistently failed to take.

Wakeling: Could have been hooked at half time. Poor game.

Brennan: All over the shop first half. Better in the second. Looks as if he'll be out for a bit the way he was limping at the end.

Williams: Worst thing that happened was scoring with his first real touch. Seemed to be all out attack and not helping in midfield at all. He was also well snuffed out by Gills. Our best player at the club, but not on song and glad he was pulled.

Iandolo: Where was he playing?

Jephcott: Was he playing?

Darcy: Ran around and offered us defensive cover and a bit of energy in midfield. OK cameo.

Minturn: Did well against a team offering little threat. Glad he was on the bench for emergency cover, but don't want to rely on him for 90 mins against a decent team.

Sooooo.....after all that it has to be FBT. Snuffed out a threat, but only after much of the threat disappeared with a 2 goal lead.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 18:36:36 »

We simply must sign FBT

Majority short of match fitness understandably but I’m really hoping Morris whips them into shape as I can see us scraping into Autos and avoiding the lottery of the play offs
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 18:38:03 »

Some very odd comments above, probably reflecting the anger and disappointment of the first half.

I don't think Gunning was particularly happy with Iandolo and Williams in the first half, which is why he changed them. Also, Jephcott was totally ineffective.

If you write off the first half you have:

TBT: Was outstanding. Marshalled the defence and snuffed out Gills threat. But also offered a bit going forward too.

Austin: Scores two, keeps Khan on the field for potentially longer than he should have been, by talking to the referee and stopping Khan from arguing. Then he was defending in our box too!

Agree with the above about RHM. If he'd slotted home on the break or even passed it to his right for whoever it was that was with him, then we'd have been raving about him. He made a couple of other chances for himself and put a superb cross in for the equaliser. But, he doesn't look fit and his first touch and composure lets him down.

Shade gave us a bit more strength and shape. He did OK, playing short sharp balls and roaming when he could.

Khan was superb and stupid in equal measures. If he could stop running into blind alleys and then fouling he would be much better. He could have been sent off for the first challenge that earned a yellow. There were also 2-3 other niggly things that another ref would have booked him for. But, made us tick, a couple of rasping shots and drove us forward.

Hutton: Why keep cutting inside in the first half? Prob best of a bad bunch in the first half. Maybe because his crossing wasnt that good in the second.

Lavinier: I thought he flattered to deceive all game. Didn't do anything particularly wrong, but had opportunities to do much better that he consistently failed to take.

Wakeling: Could have been hooked at half time. Poor game.

Brennan: All over the shop first half. Better in the second. Looks as if he'll be out for a bit the way he was limping at the end.

Williams: Worst thing that happened was scoring with his first real touch. Seemed to be all out attack and not helping in midfield at all. He was also well snuffed out by Gills. Our best player at the club, but not on song and glad he was pulled.

Iandolo: Where was he playing?

Jephcott: Was he playing?

Darcy: Ran around and offered us defensive cover and a bit of energy in midfield. OK cameo.

Minturn: Did well against a team offering little threat. Glad he was on the bench for emergency cover, but don't want to rely on him for 90 mins against a decent team.

Sooooo.....after all that it has to be FBT. Snuffed out a threat, but only after much of the threat disappeared with a 2 goal lead.

Good Summary except you missed Cain I thought definitely bought something to the midfield and will be a very good signing for us
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 18:41:19 »

Good Summary except you missed Cain I thought definitely bought something to the midfield and will be a very good signing for us
Good spot! Yes, Cain looked solid and self assured. Couple of good cross field balls and a couple of duff ones! Not spectacular, but looks a good addition.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 19:12:37 »

Yeah, I thought he looked decent v Grimsby too. Prior to that, he was the signing who frustrated me the most and I certainly thought he looked garbage.

Something to work with I’d say..

Austin gets my vote, agreed FBT was great second half but he was part of the defence which was all over the place first half and shipped three goals so I can’t vote for him on that basis.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 19:23:10 »

Shade won’t improve. He ain’t good enough and looks like he cares more about what he looks like. Bet he’s mustard at 5 aside though.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: