Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Pointless lefty vs right wing chat  (Read 4039 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 10:53:07 »

Its almost as if left and ring wing governments can both be completely useless and incompetent.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 11:07:51 »

Its almost as if left and ring wing governments can both be completely useless and incompetent.

What's the expression? 'different cheeks of the same arse'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 11:08:28 »

What's the expression? 'different cheeks of the same arse'

Perfectly put.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 11:09:06 »

the right cheek is currently covered in shit
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 11:10:51 »

How the he'll would anybody know? I'm 55 and I've never seen a left wing government.

..never go back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 11:17:41 »

How the he'll would anybody know? I'm 55 and I've never seen a left wing government.

You have as a kid pre Thatcher, which was a disaster as I understand it. Then Thatcher was a cunt for years because so many were frightened to vote Labour again.

The Tories get away with being cunts unchallenged for years and years until its long enough for people to forget the previous Labour government or the Tories are such giant cunts that you're forced to vote in the only viable alternative, even if you don't really want them either.

A vicious cycle we seem doomed to rinse and repeat until eternity.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 11:20:43 »

I think it should be healthy that so many people are now interested in politics, but sadly it just appears to be a toxic mess. I absolutely abhor the phrases that people seem to tag people with if they have a different political view to them. Rather than attempt to have any discussion they are immediately and vocally dismissed as being 'woke' or a 'gammon'. Given the state of the economy and the last few years its understandable that people are angry and frustrated but for me people seem to be a lot less tolerant these days.

Clearly I can't speak for the whole population and its possibly just how I read people on social media. I guess that's where people tend to 'shout loudest'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 14:42:52 »

Just be bloody quiet Gareth with all your measured posts will you?! Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 18:22:00 »

You have as a kid pre Thatcher, which was a disaster as I understand it. Then Thatcher was a cunt for years because so many were frightened to vote Labour again.

The Tories get away with being cunts unchallenged for years and years until its long enough for people to forget the previous Labour government or the Tories are such giant cunts that you're forced to vote in the only viable alternative, even if you don't really want them either.

A vicious cycle we seem doomed to rinse and repeat until eternity.

I think the crucial phrase in your post is "as I understand it". The  rest shows how much you don't. I'm aware I've been alive under Labour governments. I don't consider governments that included the likes of Shirley Williams, David Owen, Roy Jenkins, James Callaghan, Eric Varley or Reg fucking Prentice ffs! to be in any way "left wing".

You unrecognised some of their names so look them up and are just how "left" they were.

..never go back.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 18:37:05 »

I served quite close to the centre of government (as a civil servant) during the Callaghan government. Part of its ineffectiveness was that there were genuinely left wing members of the cabinet trying to work alongside some 'moderates', and the tensions were so great that they damaged what could have been a genuine labour administration. In truth, Attlee was really the last radical, leftist government....and we are still benefitting from some of their achievements.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 19:57:53 »

I think the crucial phrase in your post is "as I understand it". The  rest shows how much you don't. I'm aware I've been alive under Labour governments. I don't consider governments that included the likes of Shirley Williams, David Owen, Roy Jenkins, James Callaghan, Eric Varley or Reg fucking Prentice ffs! to be in any way "left wing".

You unrecognised some of their names so look them up and are just how "left" they were.

Its all way before my time, but Harold Wilson was very left wing, wasn't he?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 20:07:46 »

Its all way before my time, but Harold Wilson was very left wing, wasn't he?

You know when you start a post with a tacit admission that you know next to nothing about the subject you're about to address....It might be worth asking yourself whether you should post it at all.

..never go back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 20:13:45 »

You know when you start a post with a tacit admission that you know next to nothing about the subject you're about to address....It might be worth asking yourself whether you should post it at all.

Cool. I'm 34, you're 50something. Congratulations, its before my time.

Plenty of left wing governments across the world have been hopeless. I stand by it. Two cheeks of the same arse.

This is all getting a bit like the classic trope of "But it wasn't real communism. No, that failed one doesn't count. That one doesn't count either."
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 21:23:34 »

Cool. I'm 34, you're 50something. Congratulations, its before my time.

Plenty of left wing governments across the world have been hopeless. I stand by it. Two cheeks of the same arse.

This is all getting a bit like the classic trope of "But it wasn't real communism. No, that failed one doesn't count. That one doesn't count either."

No you're calling governments left wing that had half a dozen people around the cabinet table that either split the party to sabotage the 1983 election and keep the Tories in power for a decade, or who would fuck off to join the Tories during that decade. That's not a left wing government.

My age is irrelevant to this ffs. I was 10 when Wilson left office, I've no memory of it. But I can read. It's possible to know about things that happened before your time. There's a whole field of academic study devoted to it you know.

..never go back.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 21:24:28 »

Thank fuck for that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: