Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Half Way Point  (Read 2486 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 16:45:36 »

nemo

i think its you that does the man of the match polls. would there be a chance of a half way peak or a general feel of the top ranked
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 16:49:56 »

Comparing us to the 19/20 vintage - Khan is not really as good as Grant was, but he can do the job if this weekend is anything to go by.  Grant was partnered by Doughty - Khan got Iandolo!  Even Gladwin isn't Doughty, certainly not now.

Anderson would be the Williams type player, I think that's a fair enough comparison.

Hoping Austin = Doyle, but we really are missing the Isgrove/Yates/DJ talent levels.

Basically we are three players short vs. that team in midfield/up top.  I think the defence is a wash - I'd prefer Lavinier to be the right back and get a proper left back, or anther CH depending on where FBT is played.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 17:00:25 »

nemo

i think its you that does the man of the match polls. would there be a chance of a half way peak or a general feel of the top ranked

https://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=59478.0

Did one in December a couple of matches ago. If you imagine that but with Khan 50 votes better off then you're about there.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 20:18:44 »

Said it in another thread (can’t remember which one) that we could cut Sandro some slack till we’ve seen the players under a different manager…but…a lot of our fans have already made up their minds on Sandro and would rather the players be shit to prove them right
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 20:55:40 »

Said it in another thread (can’t remember which one) that we could cut Sandro some slack till we’ve seen the players under a different manager…but…a lot of our fans have already made up their minds on Sandro and would rather the players be shit to prove them right

Not sure how anyone can determine his ability, given we don't know his targets (professionally speaking).  A Manager is always a bit easier - usually there is some sort of public statement of intent for the club to judge against.  Sandro could have been told that team league position is not his concern, just get us some players we can sell for more than we paid.  I have no idea how we'd know on that front unless someone went for huge sums.

What we can do is look at what public information exists to have an opinion on whether he foots the bill for that type of role or not (not that our opinions mean jack shit) and we can assess the players he brings in against our own personal opinions of what we would expect for our club.

To be fair, he does not appear to have signed anyone as bad as Curran.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 20:57:15 »

Curran and Agombar were simply favour signings and in their own joke of a category of our previous ownership.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: