Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Half Way Point  (Read 2490 times)
DMC

« on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:01:12 »

So player wise i know we all get angry with Sandro but with the signings we have and the league position we are in what do we all think. If we are looking at the club model of signing players that may have resale value and added to the team could we maybe have jumped the gun and taken out the dross served up by Lindsey on Sandro?

Players bought in that have performed well both perm or on loan

Hutton-Good
Laviner-Good
Wakelin-Good
Clayton-Good
Khan-Good

Loans
Brynn - Good
FBT-Good
Brenna-OK

Theres been others that really have not done well and others who saturday showed a glimpse of what they could possibly do under a better suited manager.

I am playing devils advocate here a bit but if the players are entitled a fresh start under the new manager isn't Sandro?

Off to hide

Others have been ppor
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:02:53 »

Think Brynn, Clayton, Khan and FBT have been our best signings. Sadly two of those are loans.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:06:06 »

So player wise i know we all get angry with Sandro but with the signings we have and the league position we are in what do we all think. If we are looking at the club model of signing players that may have resale value and added to the team could we maybe have jumped the gun and taken out the dross served up by Lindsey on Sandro?

Players bought in that have performed well both perm or on loan

Hutton-Good
Laviner-Good
Wakelin-Good
Clayton-Good
Khan-Good

Loans
Brynn - Good
FBT-Good
Brenna-OK

Theres been others that really have not done well and others who saturday showed a glimpse of what they could possibly do under a better suited manager.

I am playing devils advocate here a bit but if the players are entitled a fresh start under the new manager isn't Sandro?

Off to hide

Others have been ppor

Would actually add Macdonald to the good list. I really don’t understand the shit he gets.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:10:13 »

I still think there is a lot more to come from Shade if played in the right position.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:20:16 »

Good thread was going to comment something similar the other day.

Most of his signings have actually been fine. They've just been badly coached or played in the wrong system.

Which reflects badly considering he picked Lindsey to be manager. If he wasn't so involved with that he'd probably get a pass from the fans.
DMC

« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:22:35 »

I wonder if he should maybe just be kept away from the press as as soon as he talks he doesn't seem to help himself. Signed some absolute stinkers mind and the Lindsey appointment doesn't help.

Part of me wonders how much that was unfluenced by people at the club players etc already too. Next manager decision will show us
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:25:50 »

Our summer signings in full:

Goalkeepers
Sol Brynn (Loan)
Conor Brann (Unknown contract length)

Defenders
Angus MacDonald (2 years)
Cian Harries (1 year)*
Reece Devine (2 years)
Marcel Lavinier (Unknown contract length)
Remeao Hutton (2 years, paid money)
Tom Clayton (2 years)
Ciaran Brennan (Loan)
Frazer Blake-Tracy (Loan)

Midfielders
Morgan Roberts (Unknown contract length, paid money)
Ronan Darcy (2 years, paid money)
Saidou Khan (2 years, paid money)

Forwards
Tomi Adeloye (2 years)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (1 year)
Tyrese Shade (2 years)
Jacob Wakeling (1 year)
Oscar Massey (1 year)
Luke Jephcott (Loan)

* Harries is widely considered to be a Garner signing so can probably leave him out.

More good than bad there really. Only Adeloye looks an obvious bust, there's a lot of "could go either ways" in there too though.
DMC

« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:36:21 »

Cheers Nemo. Really interesting that tbh
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:52:07 »

Would actually add Macdonald to the good list. I really don’t understand the shit he gets.

He's been hit and miss defensively, but he's more hit than miss, I would say. More a few shakey performances.

He can't pass at all, but he's a centre back and we're in League Two. It is what it is. Work around it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:57:55 »

Macdonald is what people have been saying we need for ages. A no nonsense head it, boot it CB that doesn’t think he’s Beckbauer
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 15:58:44 »

He's been hit and miss defensively, but he's more hit than miss, I would say. More a few shakey performances.

He can't pass at all, but he's a centre back and we're in League Two. It is what it is. Work around it.

Perhaps under a different manager he won't be required to pass short/dangerously as much and will be a bit more direct/into the channels. I think he's a very capable defender but his distribution is very awry at times.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 16:10:03 »

Yeah, exactly. His distribution is awful. Its a clear weakness.

But most League Two players have a glaringly obvious part of their game that is miles off the rest or they'd be playing in a higher league. You work around it, not ignorantly stick to it and leave the weakness wide open to be exploited.

Unless you're Scott Lindsey.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 16:39:16 »

I'm framing this against the expectation of being a top 3 contender (before I get people all irritated, more so than normal).

Good signings for this season:
FBT, Brynn, Clayton

Good signings for coming seasons:
Wakeling, Hutton, Lavinier

OK signings (squad fillers):
Khan, MacDonald

I am not sold on Darcy, Brennan, Shade - ranking them all as players who we should have brought in to deliver top three.  Hepburn-Murphy I can see, provided he wasn't expected to make any sort of impact this season (if he does, you take that as a bonus).

Harries is a poor player, as is Adeloye.  Jephcott should have been a good signing but is a bust because he doesn't fit.

Before I am accused of being harsh - someone like Shade for example.  I don't have any issues with that type of signing, but only if he is the Massey type signing, someone who is a gamble on working out.   Not a player we have to rely on.  I just think we didn't get enough of the ready now types.  By enough, we only needed four or five.  Not enough of the team come with real experience or talent that is available for use right now, rather than having to be worked on.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 16:40:18 »

Oh, and if Khan could deliver what he did this weekend on a more regular basis he'd also have been in the good box.  The reality is he hasn't.
DMC

« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 16:43:00 »

Oh, and if Khan could deliver what he did this weekend on a more regular basis he'd also have been in the good box.  The reality is he hasn't.
I agree he hasn't. I am hoping that is down to managers formation. His best games this season have been in the games the manager didn't have him alongside reed
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: