Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152915 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1560 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 11:40:26 »

The Brewitt announcement contained Sandro quotes...
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1561 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 11:41:34 »

From a marketing perspective, season ticket renewal week would be a cracking time to announce Sandro is getting the heave ho and Morris & Brand are in full control of recruitment for next season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1562 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 11:48:42 »

The Brewitt announcement contained Sandro quotes...

Yes, but this one, arguably much more important, doesnt.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #1563 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 11:50:19 »

You would have thought that two blokes who have worked in around the top tier youth set ups and are arguably top coaches would have better insight in which young players ought to targeted

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1564 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 19:14:17 »

Does Frank take Morris to Chelsea? Given Morris has probably spent the best part of 25 years at the club as a youth teamer, player, coach and assistant you've got to think he might say yes even if it is for 3 months...

Sandro will be licking his lips at the compo.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1565 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 19:21:05 »

Does Frank take Morris to Chelsea? Given Morris has probably spent the best part of 25 years at the club as a youth teamer, player, coach and assistant you've got to think he might say yes even if it is for 3 months...

Sandro will be licking his lips at the compo.

So would Clem.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1566 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 20:24:22 »

Doubt it, he’s only there till end of the season
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1567 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 20:30:42 »

If people are saying Morris might walk then here's his perfect out. Most would agree he's been shafted here to a certain degree.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #1568 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 21:49:39 »

Secondment for Morris back to Chelsea surely.....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1569 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 21:55:08 »

If people are saying Morris might walk then here's his perfect out. Most would agree he's been shafted here to a certain degree.

He must have known was he was agreeing to when he agreed to take the job?

Whose to say we aren’t the ones being shafted.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1570 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 22:40:34 »

He must have known was he was agreeing to when he agreed to take the job?

I mentioned this the other day though, that the above is not necessarily completely clear. He MAY have thought he knew what he was agreeing too but that may not have surfaced or took longer. Things like he MAY have thought he would be in post earlier in order to secure targets, he MAY have thought Brand would've been alongside him earlier to assist, he MAY have been promised available transfer funds to obtain some more experienced targets...now what I say is conjecture for sure but I am at least terming it correctly.

To state he MUST have known is relatively loose wording. You could day 'He must have known what he THOUGHT he MIGHT be agreeing to, when he agreed to take the job?'

You're right in some ways, he could be shafting us but if it was a case of who shafted who first, Town or Morris? Then I would weigh heavily towards that STFC shafted Morris first so he'd be well within his rights to shaft Town back; I have a hunch though that he didn't shaft STFC first.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1571 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 22:41:56 »

Secondment for Morris back to Chelsea surely.....

If cunt points were still officially available on here and that didn't score highly, it'd be such an underrated post. Top notch that OM

'Incessant Nonsense'

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1572 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 22:58:07 »

I mentioned this the other day though, that the above is not necessarily completely clear. He MAY have thought he knew what he was agreeing too but that may not have surfaced or took longer. Things like he MAY have thought he would be in post earlier in order to secure targets, he MAY have thought Brand would've been alongside him earlier to assist, he MAY have been promised available transfer funds to obtain some more experienced targets...now what I say is conjecture for sure but I am at least terming it correctly.

To state he MUST have known is relatively loose wording. You could day 'He must have known what he THOUGHT he MIGHT be agreeing to, when he agreed to take the job?'

You're right in some ways, he could be shafting us but if it was a case of who shafted who first, Town or Morris? Then I would weigh heavily towards that STFC shafted Morris first so he'd be well within his rights to shaft Town back; I have a hunch though that he didn't shaft STFC first.

Fair point. What he thought he was getting into might not be exactly what he ended up with.

Obviously he’s not deliberately shafting us - just this far he’s been pretty poor at the job he was bought into do
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1573 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 00:55:25 »

Fair point. What he thought he was getting into might not be exactly what he ended up with.

Obviously he’s not deliberately shafting us - just this far he’s been pretty poor at the job he was bought into do

Yeah, just for assuredness - this wasn't a direct dig. It was more for clarity because it's too easy to then get called out for it later on down the line. Which would be petty and god bless him straight out the book of Reginald Smeeton.

Who knows, there's technically still a possibility he could be. Very unlikely but he could have thought - Frank is going to get a decent gig again soon and he wants to work with me again, I'll take this for job security and if I get Brand in, maybe on the caveat Frank gets first refusal on me and STFC have to allow me to go. Channelling my inner Jody Morris ''As/Like I said'', it's very unlikely.

Regards performance, I do agree somewhat and it's not been overly inspiring to date but IF he has had his hands tied behind his back, perhaps he'd conceded defeat almost at the outset if said ''shafting'' had been successfully applied to him by STFC. Think of it like players who are going out of contract but are under a certain age yet the club wants to get rid but make a bit of cash on them. In order to do so they have to offer a contract at least equal to what the player was on previously - knowing full well they won't accept it. Similar can be said for senior pros when activating a years option on their contract. It forces a transfer fee if the player has interest/get better wages elsewhere. But PR wise, the club can say ''Well we've offered contracts to several promising prospects and taken an option on a few senior pros''. Which looks good from the club spin POV but we all know those contracts could be not matching the value the player/their agent thinks they're worth or the senior pro knows they now can leave as activating the year option could lower the buy out/transfer fee.

How does that correlate to Morris? It would be a valid question but simply if he's been told in interviews ''Yes you can have XYZ resource...this pot of funding is available to you...you can have XYZ backroom staff...'' but once in post they say ''unfortunately most that resource isn't available to you now...that funding pot is only n amount...you can only bring X background staff but it's conditional and YZ won't be possible''. In those kind of instances he could in theory not perform to his full potential right now as he could claim the tools he was promised were not forthcoming. Now a bad workman will always blame his tools but first he must at least have some usable tools to start with.

Morris gets a pass for me because I feel the season was too far gone. I know this is where we possibly differ/split our opinion but IF he'd been given most of January and some kind of opportunity to show what he could do in terms of recruitment/talent identification and Town were in this situation then I would definitely lean even further in the direction of relieving JM from his duties. I also still think I would want SdM gone too though.

All in all, if we've consigned ourselves to ''season over'' for this campaign, it's going to be yet another interesting and likely bumpy close season/summer; it already looks like a near on certain rebuild as there are plenty of personnel to get rid of and the ones Town probably want to keep most likely can't wait to get out of dodge. Un-bloody-fortunately so for us long suffering fans. Feck

'Incessant Nonsense'

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1574 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 03:00:11 »

Morris definitely needs time. Not denying that (not that you suggested I was) but I’d expect to see something from a new manager by now.

I think OST! Said it on here somewhere that he wasnt expecting Morris to turn it around and get this side winning every game but expected some ‘green shoots’ by now.
I’m in that camp. I’d be expecting to see Morris slowing stamping his things on this team, even if said things aren’t going exactly as planned or if we don’t have the exact players to do said things. At the moment the only thing Morris has firmly stamped on this team is conceding late goals and dropping points. Which is obviously not an improvement.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: