Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152954 times)
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1410 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 14:43:56 »

No, never have been.
Senior moment on my part then.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1411 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 14:56:53 »

Hello all!

There is no 'Podwar'. Well, not from my side of things. Sounds fun though - Zap! Pow! Zap!

For the record, I get along swimmingly with Hanners and have done for many years both in person and 'online'. Sure, I've pissed people off previously with varying levels of regret. I've learned a few lessons over the years and have generally taken a back seat on social media recently and am better for it.

Earlier this month I tried to secure some access to the club for interviews and that request was politely rejected. They have commitments to other providers which is perfectly fine and if there are other reasons beyond that then so be it.

Fortunately, I've never relied too heavily on the club for content. There's a lot of STFC stuff out there which, as far as I'm concerned, is great.

I do agree that there needs to be more access for the professionals. Whatever happened to BBC Phone-Ins? I know they weren't particularly insightful but its outreach was very broad. Plus they could also repackage as a Talk of the Town and then you have it podcast form too.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1412 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 15:25:59 »

Looking likely that Brand won't come. Some confusion over who Morris actually wanted to bring with him, when asked if Brand had any special requests... '...Brand loves a cake or two but doesn't drink anymore.'

It's understood SdM thought Morris was wanting to bring Jo or Russell with him to SN1 and not Ed! At this point, negotiations have broken down faster than you can say 'ooh I do love a lemon tart and vagina biscuits I do!'

Noel Fielding looking favourite to fill the void - SdM has asked Adam Woodyatt to "pull a favour" and announce the appointment via Cameo with the club stating 'This will be a mighty boost for the club!'

Poor old SdM, he can't even get his Mighty Boosh puns right!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1413 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 15:26:51 »

Hello all!

There is no 'Podwar'. Well, not from my side of things. Sounds fun though - Zap! Pow! Zap!

"Podwars" sounds incredibly fun! Fiiigggggghhhhtt!

'Incessant Nonsense'

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1414 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 15:29:10 »

Hello all!

For the record, I get along swimmingly with Hanners and have done for many years both in person and 'online'. Sure, I've pissed people off previously with varying levels of regret. I've learned a few lessons over the years and have generally taken a back seat on social media recently and am better for it.

Earlier this month I tried to secure some access to the club for interviews and that request was politely rejected. They have commitments to other providers which is perfectly fine and if there are other reasons beyond that then so be it.

Fortunately, I've never relied too heavily on the club for content. There's a lot of STFC stuff out there which, as far as I'm concerned, is great.

I do agree that there needs to be more access for the professionals. Whatever happened to BBC Phone-Ins? I know they weren't particularly insightful but its outreach was very broad. Plus they could also repackage as a Talk of the Town and then you have it podcast form too.

BBC already do a Talk of The Town pod, co-presented by Sam Parkin

..never go back.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1415 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 15:30:53 »

Looking likely that Brand won't come. Some confusion over who Morris actually wanted to bring with him, when asked if Brand had any special requests... '...Brand loves a cake or two but doesn't drink anymore.'

It's understood SdM thought Morris was wanting to bring Jo or Russell with him to SN1 and not Ed! At this point, negotiations have broken down faster than you can say 'ooh I do love a lemon tart and vagina biscuits I do!'

Noel Fielding looking favourite to fill the void - SdM has asked Adam Woodyatt to "pull a favour" and announce the appointment via Cameo with the club stating 'This will be a mighty boost for the club!'

Poor old SdM, he can't even get his Mighty Boosh puns right!

You planning to donate your brain to medicine science when you depart this world?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1416 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 15:38:55 »

Hello all!

I was hoping to see an STFC content version of this, quite frankly. Colour me disappointed!

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1417 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 15:56:57 »

It's called having a bit of a joke, you miserable cunt. Funny how others can have a "discussion" in the Lounge about posting on this thread a bit of buggary and joke about Morris not coming but then others seemingly try to marginalise/demean others for it. It's almost as if you can only ever understand a joke when someone has told you in advance; hilarious. Bravo, much wit!

Maybe it's your brain that isn't intelligent enough to figure that out?! If my exact wording had been tweeted/sent on WhatsApp by someone like Spacey*, no doubt several would be creaming¹ themselves over it.

In other news, plans are already in place to donate my lychee sized grey matter to scientific research. Del Monte are already sponsoring the surgery.

*I like Spacey in general. He's not a bad a bloke
¹Was not an intentional Bake Off/Cake pun

Slight over reaction.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1418 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 16:16:14 »

Slight over reaction.

Goopa lurdo *yawns in Ewok*  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1419 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 16:31:07 »

I'd cream over spacey
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1420 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 17:21:46 »

I'd cream over spacey

Whilst tossing off Abrahammer - one would hope!

'Incessant Nonsense'

DMC

« Reply #1421 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 17:42:55 »

I'd cream over spacey
I would again too
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1422 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 17:44:13 »

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but Jody Morris is on TSTBL tomorrow.
I doubt he will be able to get a word in, as Hanners loves the sound of his own voice, but it’ll be interesting none the less.
I see one of that group is slagging the media officer off no end on Twitter. if I was the club I’d tell them to fuck off, personally.
DMC

« Reply #1423 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 17:49:54 »

I see one of that group is slagging the media officer off no end on Twitter. if I was the club I’d tell them to fuck off, personally.
If it's who you think it is i am not sure he is part of them anymore. Probably for that reason
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1424 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 17:52:25 »

If it's who you think it is i am not sure he is part of them anymore. Probably for that reason
Ah perhaps not in that case mate. Seemed a twattish rant none the less.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: