Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152950 times)
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #1200 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 20:23:31 »

It will be interesting to see how he gets on. If there's a big turnaround at FGR we can only ask 'if only' !
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1201 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 20:31:37 »

https://twitter.com/stfc_1969/status/1619333649551478785?s=12
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1202 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 20:39:07 »

Do other teams fans do this?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1203 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 21:10:12 »

I too don't like the blatant disrespect to Rockin Robin shown there. Hi five the fella at least Jod.

..never go back.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1204 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 21:30:27 »

New forensic evidence arise apparently, after West Yorks Police were confident of the forensic evidence they had was concrete enough. Can only assume as I don't have/am not privy to all the information, that the defence asked for more/provided more "forensic" evidence and the Crown PS subsequently dropped it.

What that further forensic evidence was, we probably will never know but for West Yorkshire to be very confident about a charge turning into a conviction, must have then been a massive knock (mentally) to the person who said they were raped, for it to be dropped. As I say, they never withdrew their allegation.

Apologies btw, In just catching up so I'll try and keep it related to "Proper Manager"...on that point I think on paper Morris appears a good coach in his field, so from a professional football point of view, this should be good for the Town.
There's been no shortage of speculation on this new manager thread but, without knowing what the additional forensic evidence was, I'm not sure that I'd be any the wiser on the basis of:

Morris being likely to have "decent lawyers".  

Police being "very confident" of enough "concrete evidence" initially.

that not proceeding "must have been" a massive knock to the complainant, mentally.  

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1205 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 22:00:23 »

There's been no shortage of speculation on this new manager thread but, without knowing what the additional forensic evidence was, I'm not sure that I'd be any the wiser on the basis of:

Morris being likely to have "decent lawyers".  

Police being "very confident" of enough "concrete evidence" initially.

that not proceeding "must have been" a massive knock to the complainant, mentally.  

I know your opening paragraph was some kind of attempt at humour coupled with sarcasm but it wasn't particularly great Smiley

In addition, I'm only quoting how West Yorkshire Police reported it publicly. Not my words.

It's fair enough and not too beyond the imagination to state that it would be uncommon or even rare for an elite sports star NOT to have top end representation in a legal situation.

Knowing people that HAVE been raped and seemingly having a case backed by the police, DOES have an incredible impact mentally/psychologically when said case suddenly gets thrown out.

My final original paragraph was just trying to bring this thread back on track towards manager talk and you know that.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1206 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 22:13:49 »

Right. Let’s get off of the non football bits about this.

What do we think Morris will bring? Do we know anything about how he might play? Anything about the type of CBS that he might want?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1207 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 23:24:12 »

I know your opening paragraph was some kind of attempt at humour coupled with sarcasm but it wasn't particularly great Smiley

In addition, I'm only quoting how West Yorkshire Police reported it publicly. Not my words.

It's fair enough and not too beyond the imagination to state that it would be uncommon or even rare for an elite sports star NOT to have top end representation in a legal situation.

Knowing people that HAVE been raped and seemingly having a case backed by the police, DOES have an incredible impact mentally/psychologically when said case suddenly gets thrown out.

My final original paragraph was just trying to bring this thread back on track towards manager talk and you know that.
The system can be terribly tough on victims, so no slight intended in their direction - nor your's!  Just felt it unfair to judge Morris on the basis of a very old case dropped as a result of further forensic evidence.  

I always like to judge our coaches and players on the basis of their how they go on to perform here - on and off the pitch. I'd make an exception for Steve Evans though.  Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1208 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 01:23:13 »

Aye, and I (as well as others) have expressed that I can seperate professional and personal differences when it comes to a person's character on and off the pitch.

I look forward to see what he brings in terms of developing youth. Taking it all the way back, I do remember a programme on TV that included a very young Morris (possibly one of the last waves of YTS players I would think) and I wonder what he remembers from such a time  Hmmm

The less said about Steve Evans the better Wink

Edit: Found it. Was interesting to hear what a 16yr old Morris says at 50mins 30secs, oh and bloody Graham Rix essentially hogs the episode. What he says right at the end didn't age well....condering his misdemeanours a couple of years later  Eek

Rix comes across as quite a cunt and the episode seemed so dated (only 1997) - have modern approaches to football coaching and ethics only really changed very recently or was/is Rix just an absolute dinosaur in the Sheridan type of mold? I get that some kids need a kick up the backside but the way he isolated Jimmy Abrey in the episode was fucking bullying/humiliating/disrespectful and he did it whilst the cameras were rolling...

It's also interesting that he let them have a drink (16yr old lads) whilst on tour but then berates them for having said drink(s). I mean at 16 if you weren't already out trying to get into a pub/club and/or were given licence by your manager to have a beer (whilst also abroad for the first time) then it's likely some will get a smidge carried away. Wouldn't most people get sacked now for abusing a duty of care in the workplace...as I say, listening to the last words Rix says on that programme is incredibly cringy  No

Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see how Morris is with youths and his approach. On reflection, he is deemed to be pretty good in this area so I'm hopeful that as well as the club sourcing decent young talent, that the Town might even have a better framework to bring through some more of their own.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 01:34:05 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
kaufman

« Reply #1209 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 08:17:12 »

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1619597245438955521 Sky before official club announcement again.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1210 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 08:17:23 »

Morris announced as breaking news on Talksport and sky sports news.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 08:21:58 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1211 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 08:28:26 »

Was told last week he was going to be manager, good to see it happen.  Wink

Did you profit from the news Quaggy?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #1212 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 08:33:26 »

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1619597245438955521 Sky before official club announcement again.

Cheeky little buggers
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1213 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 08:44:39 »

Surely, Sky can only get it from the club.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1214 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 08:59:35 »

Surely, Sky can only get it from the club.

Your right. Club have released the info to be shared but haven't done the official blurb on our website. Presumably they will do that when statistically it gets the most 'clicks'

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: