Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152997 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:23:56 »

Nothing is certain in football but I believe choosing Morris over Artell would be a big mistake. I think Artell would lead Swindon Town to promotion this season or next. Jody Morris might turn out to be a brilliant choice but he wouldn't have been a risk I'd have taken if I was in the boardroom.

Thanks for your input but we have enough naysayers of our own here without supporters of other teams throwing their negativity about thank you very much! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:25:03 »

So if Morris comes in with his choice of assistant, where does that leave Gunning? How far down the pecking order will he drop? Is his retention a ‘must’ for the club? Wouldn’t like to see him sidelined.

The difference between appointing Morris or Artell is that I could see Artell staying for a few seasons. If Morris gets quick success he’ll be off quicker than a whore’s drawers.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:27:25 »

The difference between appointing Morris or Artell is that I could see Artell staying for a few seasons. If Morris gets quick success he’ll be off quicker than a whore’s drawers.

Same with every other manager in STFC history
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:29:45 »

So if Morris comes in with his choice of assistant, where does that leave Gunning? How far down the pecking order will he drop? Is his retention a ‘must’ for the club? Wouldn’t like to see him sidelined.

If he gets us promoted he's welcome to fuck off wherever he wants as far as i'm concerned.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:31:26 »

Gunning will just slot back into the position he held before Lindsey left.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:31:50 »

It's definitely true that if we do appoint Morris and he is an instant success and leads us to immediate promotion and say a solid start in league 1 next season that he will obviously be on the radar of championship/premier league sides given his history of coaching at a high level. Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast for us at this level, Morris will almost certainly see us a stepping stone onto a bigger club and that's something that we have to be prepared for.

But I don't think you appoint your second or third choice managers for this reason do you? If the board see Morris as the man to get us promoted this season and onwards then you have to take that punt, surely?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:32:44 »

Gunning will just slot back into the position he held before Lindsey left.

Head coach/Defensive coach wasn't he?

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:35:32 »

Lindsey jumped ship 5 months.
Garner jumped ship after 12 months
Wellens jumped ship after 18 months
Flitcroft jumped ship after 6 months

Sturrock, Wise, Hoddle….

If Morris does a good job, and leaves, he will just become one of many to do so.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:36:23 »

Head coach/Defensive coach wasn't he?

Believe so.
Day was ‘assistant’. So he will just slot back in you would think.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:37:12 »

It's definitely true that if we do appoint Morris and he is an instant success and leads us to immediate promotion and say a solid start in league 1 next season that he will obviously be on the radar of championship/premier league sides given his history of coaching at a high level. Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast for us at this level, Morris will almost certainly see us a stepping stone onto a bigger club and that's something that we have to be prepared for.

But I don't think you appoint your second or third choice managers for this reason do you? If the board see Morris as the man to get us promoted this season and onwards then you have to take that punt, surely?
Maybe we appoint with future compo in mind. Been a good little earner lately.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:49:15 »

Same with every other manager in STFC history

and a couple that haven't even been successful. weirdly enough.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:53:01 »

Maybe we appoint with future compo in mind. Been a good little earner lately.

I think you have to. Especially as there is a chance if he's a success he could potentially be considered for Premier league sides. Make them pay to have him for sure. Muhahahaha

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:58:02 »

Hold on.... I thought our penny pinching board were just stalling to justify going for the cheap option?

This suggests all that might have just been bitter old fuckers catastrophising on the basis of no evidence at all. Surely not?

..never go back.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 15:01:55 »

I think you have to. Especially as there is a chance if he's a success he could potentially be considered for Premier league sides. Make them pay to have him for sure. Muhahahaha
Chewing the fat on future compo on Jody Morris's future walk out...understandably, gloriously, Townend.Com-ly  "previous"  Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 15:03:29 »

Hold on.... I thought our penny pinching board were just stalling to justify going for the cheap option?

This suggests all that might have just been bitter old fuckers catastrophising on the basis of no evidence at all. Surely not?

It does make the Scott Lindsey appointment even more baffling though. Because if it wasn't because he was a cheap option then what the fuck were they thinking?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: