Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 153007 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 12:40:49 »

I would be surprised if Jimmy Fraser moved, he has done what he is doing now for quite a while and built a decent career through the ranks to get there.  He was part of three kids from my school team that made it to YTS at Swindon.  Oddly, the one that made it from my year professionally was nowhere near as good as those three, he went via Non-League and ended-up at Oxford - Wayne Hatswell.

Thats me adding 2 together and coming up with 5. Just a guess really. Probably that Chris Jones bloke mentioned earlier
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 12:53:23 »

I wouldn't rule out it being any of Lampards coaching staff at Everton. They may have been sacked, but they'd have been paid off, so if they take another job immediately they may lose some of that pay and want it compensated. Its not necessarily cut and dry.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 12:56:13 »

Jody Morris was never 'leaked' as being a target of the club by Ryan Whelan was he. There appeared to be a list of managers being interviewed that he was happy to release, but Morris' name was never mentioned in the interview process, which makes you wonder whether the club was feeding red herrings to Whelan in order to keep Morris under wraps. It was only when Morris started appearing higher up the betting list that people started to notice.
I get the feeling Whelan likes to give the impression he knows more about things than he actually does. The other day he claimed multiple sources had told him Artell would be the new manager. I'm beginning to suspect his "sources" are various fans on social media, some of whom are probably a lot more ITK than him.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 12:57:39 »

It "seems" that the story is that we wanted Morris, but he was ruled out on financial grounds, and Artell was the candidate most likely from those we can afford. Whether Morris got cheaper or Clem got his chequebook out (and indeed whether any of this is even vaguely true) we'll probably never know.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 12:58:44 »

Thats me adding 2 together and coming up with 5. Just a guess really. Probably that Chris Jones bloke mentioned earlier

Adver article says its a coach at a struggling premier league side, all the Everton ones have left so no compo needed.

“”Adver Sport understands the deal is almost agreed, and the stall in announcing the club’s new head coach is now down to negotiations for Morris’ assistant.

The number two is allegedly a Premier League coach at a struggling club, with Swindon hoping to wrap up a deal for both before Saturday’s League Two home clash with Gillingham.

Town’s pursuit of Morris is understandable given the 44-year-old’s track record of working with and developing young players, plus his pedigree working with Frank Lampard at Derby and Chelsea.””
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 13:01:01 by Hyabb17 » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 13:13:33 »

In the short term - and most of us do crave promotion THIS season - Artell knows and understands the requirements - and has met them before.

Jody Morris could be a steal and is a far sexier appointment.  But I would question his credentials, relatively, for achieving promotion this season at League 2 level and I would further question his likelihood to stay with STFC if we were ten points clear at the top of L2 at this point next season.

But if we were and he did stick around, what a train to be on...
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 13:22:41 »

In the short term - and most of us do crave promotion THIS season - Artell knows and understands the requirements - and has met them before.

Jody Morris could be a steal and is a far sexier appointment.  But I would question his credentials, relatively, for achieving promotion this season at League 2 level and I would further question his likelihood to stay with STFC if we were ten points clear at the top of L2 at this point next season.

Completely agree with this. Swindon is a stepping stone for both Artell and Morris, but Morris more likely to attract the attention and jump if succesful.

Its a gamble of a choice for me, but lets see.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 13:25:12 »

Do the adver have sources anymore or do they just rehash other sources stories
DMC

« Reply #968 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 13:28:36 »

Adver article says its a coach at a struggling premier league side, all the Everton ones have left so no compo needed.

“”Adver Sport understands the deal is almost agreed, and the stall in announcing the club’s new head coach is now down to negotiations for Morris’ assistant.

The number two is allegedly a Premier League coach at a struggling club, with Swindon hoping to wrap up a deal for both before Saturday’s League Two home clash with Gillingham.

Town’s pursuit of Morris is understandable given the 44-year-old’s track record of working with and developing young players, plus his pedigree working with Frank Lampard at Derby and Chelsea.””
Not totally true as depends what trhe severance package includes for those just released
DMC

« Reply #969 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 13:29:18 »

I get the feeling Whelan likes to give the impression he knows more about things than he actually does. The other day he claimed multiple sources had told him Artell would be the new manager. I'm beginning to suspect his "sources" are various fans on social media, some of whom are probably a lot more ITK than him.
He definetly has sources and is spot on. As of Sunday it was Artells job
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 13:31:10 »

Do the adver have sources anymore or do they just rehash other sources stories

The latter is the impression I get for almost every article.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 13:31:58 »

Quote from: RedRag

I think that's it in a nutshell.

it's all a gamble isn't it. At least we can hopefully see the logic in either Artell or Morris
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 13:36:19 »

I would further question his likelihood to stay with STFC if we were ten points clear at the top of L2 at this point next season.

I would generally have agreed with this five seasons ago maybe, there's definitely a chance of "doing a Wise" here (although, I think I'll take that!) but at the same time, even our relatively quite low profile recent manager like Lindsey, Wellens and Flitcroft have been poached by other sides (just smaller, shitter ones than Leeds), so an unsexy appointment is hardly protection against that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 13:42:30 »

Wonder what happened. The article suggests simply Morris is preferred and became unexpectedly obtainable.

If this is being leaked from our side, we must be very confident of getting our man to risk burning the Artell bridges.

FGR need a manager too now...quick - get on with it
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 14:01:45 »

I am neither ITK or know anyone that is ITK. I do find it tiresome, though, to see all the people claiming to be ITK jostling for position every time the manager's job becomes vacant and/or when the transfer window opens, all trying to be the one who comes up with a name first.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: