Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152902 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 12:30:30 »

I’d say it’s because Jody Morris is very highly thought of in the game, 8 odd years at Chelsea in charge of academy, knows how to work with young players, and been a no 2 in the premiership and championship In Chelsea and Derby, with quite a lot of Derby fans saying he was the key behind the Wembley run (similar to Luke Williams and Cooper I guess)

Foster decent record with England kids, and people probably see the success of Graham Potter and Steve Cooper, who’ve got similar backgrounds, and see it as a good fit.

Bircham? Would be a joke appointment. Jamie Day esq CV, number two to teams in the MLS, and best known for doing Jail time for being a naughty boy in the States.

While I wouldn't want Bircham based on his experience thus far, he wasn't actually a naughty boy in the USA.  He was arrested and held over night, then released without charge when they realised they had the wrong person.  Never went to jail or even charged with anything.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 12:32:32 »

So what’s the excuse for not announcing Austin til 3 days after he signed?

Yeah that was just bizarre.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 12:32:42 »

Hopefully we’ll be back in the UK in May.

You’re right, though. Island life gets tedious. Definitely not all it’s cracked up to be.

Kudos that you gave it a go though Aud, I personally you should be applauded for that, and hopefully you get it all sorted and will be a bit happier being back in blighty.

We dropped a bollock buying abroad as well, really need to flog that place as it's basically pissing money down the drain, money that is getting harder to come by these days. You live and learn don't ya?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 12:38:23 »

We’re £100,000 down since moving here. We’ll make a bit back when we sell our house but the increase in UK house prices is a right kick in the nuts. Hopefully, for us, prices crash a bit in the next 12 months.

We’ll rent for 12 months and see how things go. Wouldn’t really mind going back to work for a couple of days.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 12:51:37 »

It does seem the fellas that post from abroad - Robinz, Aud etc, are the least patient of everyone on here.

I hope we never appoint a manager

There, that fucks up your theory.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 12:52:34 »

I hope we never appoint a manager

There, that fucks up your theory.

Cheesy
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 12:54:26 »

Kudos that you gave it a go though Aud, I personally you should be applauded for that, and hopefully you get it all sorted and will be a bit happier being back in blighty.

We dropped a bollock buying abroad as well, really need to flog that place as it's basically pissing money down the drain, money that is getting harder to come by these days. You live and learn don't ya?

Id never move back, too fucking cold. My only regret is I didn't move sooner. I watch the games on ifollow and its makes me feel cold watching you all in big coats and hats whilst i sit in my Speedos sucking on a pina colada
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 12:55:30 »

:suicide:The delay in appointing a manager could just be that we are going to appoint Morris and not Artell.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 12:57:22 »

I was thinking about this the other day and what I'd do if I was a lottery winner, etc. The UK is really fucking shit and depressing from about October until Spring kicks in. Not sure I'd miss it during that period apart from the football.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 13:00:13 »

I was thinking about this the other day and what I'd do if I was a lottery winner, etc. The UK is really fucking shit and depressing from about October until Spring kicks in. Not sure I'd miss it during that period apart from the football.

I watch more football now than i did in England as i have a firestick. The only thing I really miss is gigs but there are now a couple of big festivals out here and a few more bands are playing Sevilla which is only an hour away, plus more and more comedians are adding Gibraltar to UK tours so in conclusion i miss fuck all.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 13:02:51 »

Yeah some of the festival line ups in continental Europe are insane. Wrong part of Spain but always see Barcelona with a nuts line up.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 13:02:58 »

Id never move back, too fucking cold. My only regret is I didn't move sooner. I watch the games on ifollow and its makes me feel cold watching you all in big coats and hats whilst i sit in my Speedos sucking on a pina colada

We usually go over to Turkey for Easter and it is nice watching the Swindon games on Ifollow whilst supping on an Efes sitting in the sun. If we win it's another Efes to celebrate, if we lose, it's another few Efes to commiserate.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 13:03:32 »

We’ve found the excessive heat oppressive. There’s only so many times you can go to the beach without it becoming tedious.

Granted, we’re on a fairly small island and between October and May it’s essentially a one horse town. Ideally, we’d like to split our time between the UK and here but that’s not really feasible.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 13:05:24 »

Yeah some of the festival line ups in continental Europe are insane. Wrong part of Spain but always see Barcelona with a nuts line up.

La cala festival in mijas Malaga won best new festival last year, its just announced its headliners for the second year, florence and the machine, the strokes, arcade fire and Foals. not too shabby
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 13:09:10 »

It does seem the fellas that post from abroad - Robinz, Aud etc, are the least patient of everyone on here.
Oi! ?
Reading the forum lately is like watching lemmings looking for clifftops.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: