Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 153022 times)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:36:58 »

Sorry forgot questioning the current custodians of the club isn't allowed anymore. They love the club and know what's best for us all.
DMC

« Reply #841 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:40:04 »

Sorry forgot questioning the current custodians of the club isn't allowed anymore. They love the club and know what's best for us all.
Yes that's exactly what was said wasn't it. It wasn't a question either was it? It was another unfounded rumour to add to the list of others. You may actually be right but like i said, it's another to add to the list isn't it
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:48:31 »

Yes that's exactly what was said wasn't it. It wasn't a question either was it? It was another unfounded rumour to add to the list of others. You may actually be right but like i said, it's another to add to the list isn't it

Feels like Garner all over again. Botched comms, and a general sense from the outside that no fucker has a clue what they're doing.

In lieu of any clear strategy communicated conspiracies will continue, and the longer this goes on the more likely it is that something is amiss.

If they were seriously considering sacking SL they'd have had someone lined up.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:51:31 »

Looking increasingly like Gunning is going to have a 100% win rate in management.  At least until the next time we have lose a manager.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Never knowingly overstated.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 19:08:36 »

But he only gets to claim half of it, Mildenhall gets the rest as they are co-interim Head Coaches.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 22:11:22 »

But he only gets to claim half of it, Mildenhall gets the rest as they are co-interim Head Coaches.

Has Mildenhall taken games before in another interim stint though?
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 22:14:01 »

Jody Morris new bookies favourite for the job
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 22:28:33 »

Quote from: ThreeDrawsMentality
Jody Morris new bookies favourite for the job

that shifted quickly
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 23:44:07 »

Mody Jorris...I wonder if his appointment would get as much attention in a particular area as a certain Luke McCormick did?!  Hmmm

For what it's worth, Morris seemed to be a bit of a repeat offender and "got lucky", whereas LMc made one very bad decision on one night. Of course we all know the unforgettable results of his actions. Morris (and I'm sure many more) could have been in exactly the very same situation as LMc.

My thing with LMc is that he has actively shown continued remorse for the mistake he made and done a lot for charities and groups surrounding drink driving; that can't be said for many of those who "got lucky".

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 01:03:02 »

Fucking get on with it and appoint the man if he's been selected.

Smells of running the transfer window down and the coach having no input into players for the rest of the season.

We’ve already done business in this window?

The tools are there - so if the manager can’t get a decent tune out of the players already here then he isn’t the right man for the job; case in point Scott Lindsey
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 06:47:41 »

I don’t think there’s a comspiracy, I think it’s more there’s no-one in the building with any background in running a football club. So when it comes to doing ‘football’ things, the inexperience shows

Things get better but they never get good
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 06:48:46 »

Fucking get on with it and appoint the man if he's been selected.

Smells of running the transfer window down and the coach having no input into players for the rest of the season.
Business is always done late in this window, as we have to wait for deals to be done further up before players get released.   It's frustrating, but nothing to make your head spin over.    

We've no idea why it is taking so long, but fearing the worse all the time is not good for you.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 08:24:39 »

It could just be that SDM learned from the botched process last time, and has taken a more structured approach this time. 3 weeks, with not a lot of matches, is time worth investing if it results in the appointment of the right man. That’s not a quick interview. That’s multiple interviews. Choosing the right one to make an offer to. Negotiating with that man - the to and fro of offers. It’s January, so maybe he’s waiting to hear back from Portsmouth (or was) or Blackpool. Then waiting for him to consider what could be a move across the country. Maybe with family. It’s the selection of his no 2. And then the 3 days it takes to shoot some clips for Tik Tok.

It might be these things, it might not. If it ends up with Artell, it’s time we’ll spent I think.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 08:26:59 by Frigby Daser » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:20:28 »

At this point I'd be happy with Morris, Morison, Artell or Foster. As long as it isn't someone weird like Bircham that doesn't seem to make sense, just fucking pick one and get it done. This is taking way too long.
DMC

« Reply #854 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:21:47 »

At this point I'd be happy with Morris, Morison, Artell or Foster. As long as it isn't someone weird like Bircham that doesn't seem to make sense, just fucking pick one and get it done. This is taking way too long.
Just out of interest why doesn't Bircham make sense compared to Foster and Morris. I don't want him either but i can't work out why
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: