Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 154422 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 19:33:26 »

Im in Liverpool working the Lewis Capaldi tour.  Kenny Daglish has just turned up.  Should I ask him if he fancies the job?

Our tour chef is Gordon Mcqueens son.  Kenny and him are having a lovely chat.

Never knowingly overstated.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 19:39:53 »

Surely it's not going to be Mad Gav. Please Clem nnnnooooo !

It's got to be Artell with Mad Gav as his assistant unless he's said no to that.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 19:48:50 »

Nah only wasp and hornet.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 19:49:30 »

reeeeeeeeves, I expected better from you

ok, that's a lie
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 20:10:15 »

Im in Liverpool working the Lewis Capaldi tour.  Kenny Daglish has just turned up.  Should I ask him if he fancies the job?

Lewis Capaldi? Bit of a let down from Led Zep.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 20:14:54 »

Gunning is now 4/6 favourite
DMC

« Reply #621 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 20:32:08 »

I would be absolutely amazed if it is him. Been told it isn't as well so will be pissed off it is
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 20:45:42 »

Can't hurt. If he's drunk get him to say he wants it on camera. Verbal contract.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 20:55:14 »

Gunning is now 4/6 favourite

Which is astonishing as he doesn't have the requisite coaching badges so it cannot be him !
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 20:56:58 »

Very impressive how many of our fans seems to know what qualifications our coaches have.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 21:01:32 »

Very impressive how many of our fans seems to know what qualifications our coaches have.

Same how a lot of fans know what wages the players are on too…
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 21:01:55 »

Was in today's Swindon Advertiser
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 21:20:16 »

Can I ask what you're all getting your knickers in a twist about? This thread reads like an old "self righteous brothers" sketch, but with a whole load of people becoming increasing outraged about the possibility of something happening that I at least can't see any sign of happening.

Something that the person involved has made statements saying will not happen. Something that league rules don't allow to happen.

Why are you suddenly all convinced that this is a thing? Was there some other statement I missed? Have the club said they've interviewed him?

Please don't let this nonsense be based on nothing but bookies odds, because if it is then fuck me my respect for you all has hit a new low. You support Swindon supposedly. Is posting fuck off messages to the bloke that will be putting the team out on Saturday really going to help?

And to do it for no reason other than bookies being clueless? Dickheads! Who was favourite to succeed BG in May? Sol Campbell. Who wasn't even tucking listed in the newspaper articles on the subject, Scott Lindsey.

Remind me - how accurate did that turn out to be? Odds in this kind of market are based not on ANY actual inside  information but on what the punters put over the counter. And guess what? Punters are fucking idiots. The caretaker is in charge for a 5-0 win and the club appointed internally last time around, that's worth a tenner to someone that knows nothing.

If there was any actual information out there as to who would be appointed, the odds wouldn't move, they would shut the market just like they always do in those circumstances.  

..never go back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 21:24:48 »

speculation in a managers thread?

down with this sort of thing
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 21:37:22 »

Can I ask what you're all getting your knickers in a twist about? This thread reads like an old "self righteous brothers" sketch, but with a whole load of people becoming increasing outraged about the possibility of something happening that I at least can't see any sign of happening.

Something that the person involved has made statements saying will not happen. Something that league rules don't allow to happen.

Why are you suddenly all convinced that this is a thing? Was there some other statement I missed? Have the club said they've interviewed him?

But if he was to appoint him.....after a few long weeks of interviewing candidates....I would say "OI CLEM NOOOOO!!!!"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: