Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152931 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 18:04:28 »

il be livid. imagine the scenes if we lose badly at Walsall. it would be a piss take of all the fans.

just like with lindsey it's easier to deal with if after a week or less then came out with confirmation that they wanted an internal appointment to continue the process

to take take 6 weeks, and then now 2 weeks and come to the same conclusion...fuck me.

we all know 100% that he wouldn't have been the best person to have applied. so whats the point in the interview process. to give us the sense that we a normal club? to the revert back to a shambles like the majority of the last 20 years
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 18:11:16 »

let's see what happens. As Rob says, the market it volatile with little money needed to move it

could so be based on the presser where it's gone from 'not for me' to 'let's see' (or whatever).

We better luck out if it happens and he actually be good.  because a dud here and any faith remaining in this footballing setup will be done for me.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 18:17:26 »

If we play as well as the last game in the next 3 and win them all 5-0 then I’d welcome Mr Gunning. If Saturday turns out to be an aberration, Mad Gav can do one! 😂

NMH (Fickle-Fans-R-Us)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 18:21:33 »

6 people on here voted for him in the poll

And they can all get to fuck.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 18:22:08 »

If we play as well as the last game in the next 3 and win them all 5-0 then I’d welcome Mr Gunning. If Saturday turns out to be an aberration, Mad Gav can do one! 😂

NMH (Fickle-Fans-R-Us)

its a short term vision though.
can gunning develop and enhance players? can gunning manage in league 1? we don't know the answer and some caretaker wins wouldn't answer those questions.

of course he might but are there that many managers in world football that were promoted from assistant that last more than a season or two once the new bounce has gone?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 18:26:31 »

Saw enough on Saturday to suggest Gunning could do a decent job.
Extremely small sample size admittedly.

If the club left him in as caretaker for a few weeks to see how results go - I wouldn’t be against it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 18:30:21 »

to be fair there aren't many managers that last more than a year or two full stop.

https://www.efl.com/news/managers-table/
---
it's the riskiest path I can see to judge someone (not qualified to do the job) on a two or 3 game run.

if course it's possible he could be our greatest ever manager

that's not the point in trying to make
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 18:33:15 »

I’d say 99% of companies have at one time or another (probably as a matter of course) used ‘extras’ to justify their procedures whether internally or externally and end up appointing someone who was already ‘anointed’. In my last corporate employment I was asked on a number of occasions if I’d like to apply for certain rolls after I’d been there’s few years and established my credentials. No way was I going to be used to validate their cozy little club and graciously declined. I see no reason why STFC should be any different.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 18:34:49 »

its a short term vision though.
can gunning develop and enhance players? can gunning manage in league 1? we don't know the answer and some caretaker wins wouldn't answer those questions.

of course he might but are there that many managers in world football that were promoted from assistant that last more than a season or two once the new bounce has gone?
What I said was firmly tongue in cheek.

I am not qualified to judge who would be the best short, medium or long term appointments

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 18:58:44 »

Saw enough on Saturday to suggest Gunning could do a decent job.
Extremely small sample size admittedly.

If the club left him in as caretaker for a few weeks to see how results go - I wouldn’t be against it.

Yep! Agreed.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 19:00:41 »

Jesus Christ
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 19:04:00 »

Jesus Christ
He's already been suggested.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
DMC

« Reply #612 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 19:13:37 »

And they can all get to fuck.
I kind of want it to happen to see your head explode  Wink

There is absolutely no justification for appointing him.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 19:17:45 »

While not keen on Gunning be appointed if that turns out to be the case (would rather have Artell) I’ll of course be getting behind him and the team regardless. Looking forward to Walsall one way or the other
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 19:24:12 »

Does gunning hold a b-license?

https://twitter.com/stfc_1969/status/1616160932698415106?t=h-Xbbuf7ZymUmv-Pl9FI1Q&s=19
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: