Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 153031 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 10:50:23 »

Stephen Rice anybody?

No me neither.

I'd have thought he looked a better fit for Sandro's role but there you go.

..never go back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 11:07:31 »

This is weird.

Some stato bloke with no managerial pedigree is not what we should be going for with the candidates available.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 11:13:46 »

He's an interesting candidate, but the thing that this says to me is that we're not happy with any of the candidates we've interviewed already if we're still casting the net out. It might just be that his name leaked later than the others, but if we're still bringing new people into the process it suggests we're not looking at appointing imminently, and probably not anyone who has already been floated.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 11:16:16 »

Just like last summer!

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 11:17:44 »

I've heard Artell, Bircham, Morison and Caddis are done deals reported in various places in that order and now that Rice is our man......so hopefully I can take a pinch of salt on my rice.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 12:01:51 »

Stephen Rice?Huh? This can't be true. Sandro, Clem or whoever stop this fucking lunacy, hire a 'manager'. We the fans deserve some respect, this club is not some experiment for us.

Carry on like this, no point in developing the CG

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 12:16:59 »

I've heard Artell, Bircham, Morison and Caddis are done deals reported in various places in that order and now that Rice is our man......so hopefully I can take a pinch of salt on my rice.

Plus it was apparently going to be definitely announced last night. I think its becoming ever clearer that either a) someone within the club is feeding journs/ITK's bollocks either just to keep them off the scent or basically to just take the piss or b) there is a fuck load of making it up going on in the press and elsewhere.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 12:38:31 »

Stephen Rice?Huh? This can't be true. Sandro, Clem or whoever stop this fucking lunacy, hire a 'manager'. We the fans deserve some respect, this club is not some experiment for us.

This.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 12:46:08 »

Why does it always feel we're starting the recruitment process after Garner and Lindsey have left?

Couldn't we have done the bulk of this in the week leading up to it when it was quite obvious they were going.

Or is there legal complications to speaking to managers when yours is still technically in employment?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 13:10:07 »

Whilst we appear on the face of it to be able to attract a reasonable calibre of player, there is still this niggle about the club paying what is required to get a calibre of manager that's going to have the ambition and ability to get us promoted. I can understand Brighton blowing us out of the water when we offered Crofts the role but for all of the other names discussed to be seemingly overlooked for an internal hire (that you would think is probably not one of the higher paid managers in the league) doesn't really sit right.

We've now received compensation for both Garner and assistant and SL and Day so surely you use that to create a generous package for the new manager. Let's be blunt here, if you are an ambitious manager, interested in joining a big club for this league getting 10k crowds and the ability to attract decent players would you not be put off a bit by the fact we need to advertise for volunteers to bring packed lunches to the training gaff? That screams Sunday League to me.

Obviously I have no idea what kind of salary we offer our managerial team but i'm getting the inkling that it ain't great.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 13:15:41 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 13:11:19 »

I think people need to remember we are not signing a manager we are signing a Head Coach, so the profile will be a bit different top that of a manager, although we need to get on with it, let the new man have a say in the the players being brought in to fit his style of play and formations, unless the plan is to leave Gunning in place, hope he wins a few games and give it to him until end of season
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 13:15:25 »

I think people need to remember we are not signing a manager we are signing a Head Coach, so the profile will be a bit different top that of a manager, although we need to get on with it, let the new man have a say in the the players being brought in to fit his style of play and formations, unless the plan is to leave Gunning in place, hope he wins a few games and give it to him until end of season
Absolutely, although we as fans would like an experienced manager that sort of appointment doesn't fit the model whereas an U23 coach definately does, even if we as fans don't agree.

FWIW does Gunning have the badges to become manager? he must have some obviously but I wasn't sure if you needed the full set, as it were.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 13:16:16 »

Absolutely, although we as fans would like an experienced manager that sort of appointment doesn't fit the model whereas an U23 coach definately does, even if we as fans don't agree.

FWIW does Gunning have the badges to become manager? he must have some obviously but I wasn't sure if you needed the full set, as it were.

I don't think he does JJ, someone said that to me and I posted on here (somewhere) about it yesterday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 13:17:55 »

Carry on like this, no point in developing the CG

Agreed.

Clems Army!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 13:20:32 »

The difference this time, is we know that suitable candidates have been interviewed. The fans that devil advocate negative news to death to try and spin it positively would usually counter with "but who else could we attract?"

If we appoint someone like Gunning, Rice or Bircham that absolutely cannot be said when there are clearly multiple better and more qualified candidates that want the job have been interviewed.

It would be unacceptable. No spin, no bullshit.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: