Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 153024 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 10:57:55 »

That is... as left field as they come. Currently a scout/analyst, no football career to speak of. Feels a bit Mark Warbuton-y?

TBF 200+ games at the highest level in Ireland.

Recently been u23 coach at palace, all sounds very projectesque.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:02:18 »

TBF 200+ games at the highest level in Ireland.

Recently been u23 coach at palace, all sounds very projectesque.

High risk appointment. If it works then it plays well for Sandro, if not then he looks like a complete idiot having appointed 2 head coaches that have never done the job.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:15:34 »

It’s all the same as the summer isn’t it? Linked with a different name every other day.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:16:48 »

It’s all the same as the summer isn’t it? Linked with a different name every other day.
Exactly...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:23:52 »

See what you’re saying.

Already seen more from Gav Gunning in 90 minutes than we did from Lindsey in 20+ games though…

Which makes you think we should have appointed him in the first place instead of Lindsey
DMC

« Reply #455 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:25:44 »

Sure the fans would have been delighted
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:29:08 »

Gunning doesn't have the relevant coaching badges to be our manager i've been told.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:29:51 »

How exactly did Sandro identify Gunning as a coach with a future and bring him to the club as he mentioned at the OSC?

At the time Gunning joined it felt like a Lindsey pick given he said:

“Gav played for me as a centre-half at Forest Green Rovers a few years back now.

“He’s a very knowledgeable guy, he’s played a lot of games, he understands how we play. He’ll be getting to work with the defensive structure, hopefully in the early part of next week.”

Is Sandro rewriting history a little again here?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:38:33 »

Gunning doesn't have the relevant coaching badges to be our manager i've been told.

Accrington previously had a small fine (15/20k) when James Beattie was their boss without the badges- i think he subsequently signed up for the course and they escaped a fine. Rules might have changed now though.

How exactly did Sandro identify Gunning as a coach with a future and bring him to the club as he mentioned at the OSC?

At the time Gunning joined it felt like a Lindsey pick given he said:

“Gav played for me as a centre-half at Forest Green Rovers a few years back now.

“He’s a very knowledgeable guy, he’s played a lot of games, he understands how we play. He’ll be getting to work with the defensive structure, hopefully in the early part of next week.”

Is Sandro rewriting history a little again here?

Sandro is a political animal, great point on LSPOD a couple shows back that SL getting 'poached' played out perfectly for him- the guy i hired did such a great job he got tapped up rather than he was shit and should of been sacked.

That interview last night was scripted. Have an open phone in lad and lets see how you get on.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 11:58:44 »

Clearly will give who ever gets it a chance, but i'm not excited by Morison. He's an abbrasive character who had a bad relationship with the media at Cardiff. Sounds like he had a big job there with unreasonable expectations, but he didn't really achieve anything.

With the named candidates i still cant look beyond Artell, having one promotion before and operated a selling club focused on youth previously. Foster as a back up.

This is where I'm at.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:06:36 »

I don't care what relationship our manager has with the media. With the fans. With the local community.

The main focus is getting out of league 2. He will be judged first and foremost on results. Everything else will fall into place after that.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:33:34 »

High risk appointment. If it works then it plays well for Sandro, if not then he looks like a complete idiot having appointed 2 head coaches that have never done the job.

I am not sure your conclusion that Lindsey was a failure is shared by the club.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 14:13:19 »

Looks like Ian Foster has got the Pompey job
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 16:08:23 »

I don't think Lindsay did too badly regarding results. Up until the last 5 or 6 with him at the helm we hadn't lost many. The ones we did lose however were bizarrely mostly mid to lower table sides. I always felt we scraped results in most cases though and always thought we'd concede, nothing like the confidence building 5-0 drubbing we gave Grimsby.
We did seem to be on a downward spiral though and the matches were  Zzz
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 16:12:24 »

We did seem to be on a downward spiral though and the matches were  Zzz

This is the key.

There was a spell up to and including Mansfield where I though we'd turned a corner. I know injuries and Joniesta going to the WC did no favours, but we were in reverse.

It's so difficult to get it right first time. But he just didn't help himself.

I'm glad he's got another gig and if he goes on to prove us wrong then fair enough.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: