Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152965 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 08:54:45 »

Clearly will give who ever gets it a chance, but i'm not excited by Morison. He's an abbrasive character who had a bad relationship with the media at Cardiff. Sounds like he had a big job there with unreasonable expectations, but he didn't really achieve anything.

With the named candidates i still cant look beyond Artell, having one promotion before and operated a selling club focused on youth previously. Foster as a back up.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 09:08:43 »

I should probably put flesh on that

it feels like we are on the path to groundhog day - seemingly interview lots of people. appoint nobody. Give it to an internal candidate

this could and probably is wide of the mark. Just how it feels.

Is 'the model' such an unattractive and restrictive setup we can no longer attract candidates of sufficient quality?
There certainly is a feel of 'deja vu all over again' about the whole situation. Just wondering, was Clem out of the country when Garner left and he just left Sandro to get on with the 'recruitment'? This time we know he's back so maybe he will have more of a 'hands on' role in the process. Just clutching at straws really.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 09:11:12 »

By all accounts we have attracted some decent candidates. It’ll be difficult for Gav to take up the reins after publicly turning it down and saying ‘it wouldn’t be fair on the fans’.
Gunning certainly seems to be a no nonsense, straight talking Irish man out of the Roy Keane mould so yeah, he doesn't seem like the type to do a complete 180.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 09:17:26 »

Let’s be honest, whoever we get in is a significant experience improvement on Lindsey who had next to nothing apart from a couple assistant manager gigs in the FL. The fact we still have a good chance of promotion with Lindsey having been in charge for so long is staggering, but gives us a sniff of promotion, even autos may be a shout with Austin having signed
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 09:23:03 »

I should probably put flesh on that

it feels like we are on the path to groundhog day - seemingly interview lots of people. appoint nobody. Give it to an internal candidate

How many of the other candidates have a 100% win record in their managerial careers?  Wink

I see that Reims in Ligue 1 have gone down the little experience mainly gained on Football Manager route and the guy has a 50% win record at the moment! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11625[/nobbc][/nobbc]019/Im-playing-real-life-football-manager-Englishman-opens-Reims-manager.html]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11625[/nobbc]019/Im-playing-real-life-football-manager-Englishman-opens-Reims-manager.html

The cynic in me suggests Sandro is dropping titbits to keep fans 'onside'

I must confess that when everyone was losing their fucking minds about Bircham last week I did wonder whether the club were just playing the oldest PR trick in the book.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 09:26:13 by horlock07 » Logged
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 09:24:22 »

Let’s be honest, whoever we get in is a significant experience improvement on Lindsey who had next to nothing apart from a couple assistant manager gigs in the FL. The fact we still have a good chance of promotion with Lindsey having been in charge for so long is staggering, but gives us a sniff of promotion, even autos may be a shout with Austin having signed

just shows how awful this league is. 60 points up for grabs... 42 would probably get you autos- unlikely but not totally out of the question.

the fact bookies arent taking bets suggests there will be an appointment sooner or later.. if it wasnt going to happen they would happy take punters cash.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 09:25:20 »

I see that Reims in Ligue 1 have gone down the little experience mainly gained on Football Manager route and the guy has a 50% win record at the moment!

Well I take it all back then Smiley
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 10:13:03 »

If sandro picks the manager. Why on earth would he go for someone like caddis who potentially will make his position and signings look bad.

If it was my job to scout, shortlist and sign players then I would want the best proven coach available to ensure that they can develop and use these players to their maximum potential and beyond.

that bit doesn't make sense in my head.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 10:17:05 »

New name in the frame - Stephen Rice.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/stephen-kenny-facing-another-potential-blow-as-chief-scout-stephen-rice-is-in-line-for-talks-with-swindon-town-42292216.html

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 10:24:55 »

Mansfield. In context that was miles better. Need a bigger sample size. Walsall will be interesting.

It's not really about Gunning the person. Its another lack of experience as the main man. Its another internal appointment.

Its always a gamble. For the avoidance of doubt  I would get behind him.
This 100% this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 10:26:55 »

Assisted by uncle Ben
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 10:27:49 »

That is... as left field as they come. Currently a scout/analyst, no football career to speak of. Feels a bit Mark Warbuton-y?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 10:29:49 »

Assisted by uncle Ben

He is the guy that when he goes to sleep, lays his head on the Pilau?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 10:31:39 »

That is... as left field as they come. Currently a scout/analyst, no football career to speak of. Feels a bit Mark Warbuton-y?

Food links there as well!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 10:48:52 »

New name in the frame - Stephen Rice.

Rice Rice Baby
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: