Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152891 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:31:46 »

I saw the Tom Broadbent Lounge account describe it as a "No Brainer Appointment" - I think I probably agree with the exact wording and disagree with the sentiment of that! But we'll see, lots of names linked. Generally I hope we're a bit more imaginative than "popular former player with limited coaching experience" whoever the final man might be,
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:32:14 »

Urgh. No thanks, as part of the coaching set up by all means but I’d find that massively underwhelming personally given the names allegedly in the frame.

Underwhelming compared to whom? It’s not like we’ve got an abundance of top quality proven experienced managers lined up…that’s why most of the names in the frame are currently out of work. I would be happy giving him a crack at it.
DMC

« Reply #317 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:34:53 »

At least they are out of work though and have some experience. He has 6 months at Fleetwood under his belt, nowhere near what we need

Mildy has more experience
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:35:11 »

A decent number 2 maybe but too inexperienced for the managers role.
Not sure whether I want anyone other than Mad Gav in the number 2 role after yesterdays performance and the way he talked about the changes that were made and why.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:36:50 »

Not for me. I loved him as a player. Needs to cut his managerial teeth somewhere and show he has what it takes before we gamble. Laughable to appoint him ahead of some of the other names in the hat. *Proper* manager please.
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:37:49 »

Love Caddis but please don't give him the head coach job
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:38:02 »

Laughable 😂
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:41:21 »

Underwhelming compared to whom? It’s not like we’ve got an abundance of top quality proven experienced managers lined up…that’s why most of the names in the frame are currently out of work. I would be happy giving him a crack at it.
The four names at the top of the previous page for a start.

You’d hope the club would learn their lesson from the Lindsey appointment in terms of it going to someone under qualified.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:44:20 »

Not for me. I loved him as a player. Needs to cut his managerial teeth somewhere and show he has what it takes before we gamble. Laughable to appoint him ahead of some of the other names in the hat. *Proper* manager please.

Yeah, after all we’ve had some right dross over the years cutting their teeth into management. I mean they roll off the tongue. Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, Di Canio…
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:46:08 »

Club legend in my eyes, two league titles.

But not for me. Not yet. Nowhere near ready and we shouldn’t be looking at someone as inexperienced as this, regardless of the sentiment.
DMC

« Reply #325 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:46:34 »

Laughable 😂
What is?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:48:27 »

Wouldn’t even have been in the frame if wasn’t an ex player, need to make an appointment based on merit not sentiment!
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:49:26 »

Personality plays a big part in being a successful manager. You can’t compare Lindsey and caddis in terms of personality-they’re polar opposites.

To add to that, what manager gets appointed and asks last seasons talisman how they can play to his strengths, when he saw it first hand as an assistant?

DMC

« Reply #328 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:49:58 »

Yeah, after all we’ve had some right dross over the years cutting their teeth into management. I mean they roll off the tongue. Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, Di Canio…
There is actually 1 huge difference
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:50:27 »

the above played at a higher level than Caddis and werent sentimental appointments/linked to the club before they were appointed.

we need the best man for the job- not the cheapest/easiest.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: