Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152984 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 12:32:34 »

31 October just gone Karl Robinson started younger😀
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 12:36:27 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 12:43:26 »

Guys, it was just a comment, I have no idea if any of the named candidates are 'mates with Sandro'.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 12:49:06 »

I thought it was a very well written article and paints Mr Rooney in a very good light. Whether he is right and ready for a L2 appointment, and whether he is what we would want, I have no idea!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 17:31:11 »

Just spoke to Clem in Legends. Definitely not Gunning. Wouldn’t say who it was. Smiled when asked if Morison ‘just wait and see’ he said before mingling with others. Of course that means bugger all though. Still think it will be Garner.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 17:33:47 »

No chance it will be Garner
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 17:36:11 »

No chance it will be Garner
i hope not he bailed on us first sign of  a bigger club.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 17:40:47 »

Why on earth would it be Garner...I'd be gutted if it was and don't believe it will be.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 17:53:17 »

I can’t imagine any of our fans would recognise any prospective new manager if he was in attendance today.

Hughton is already out. Garner is a no no. Bircham is in Italy.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:06:25 »

Putin
Pol Pot
Peter Piper
Russell Brand
Shamima Begum
Arthur Fowler
Jeremy Clarkson

Wouldn't trust Arthur Fowler with a transfer kitty.

Putin: Other than being a bit busy could be having health issues and a visa might be difficult.
Pol Pot: Is a bit of a dictator and in today’s society might lose the dressing room if he does lose them first in a paddy field.
Peter Piper: AKA Pierre Poivre, has a criminal record for stealing some very sought after spices, nutmeg and cloves amongst others from some Far East colonies that the French ruled. I can see that coming unstuck if there turns out to be an international arrest warrant and subsequent extradition.
Russel Brand: Is a first class cunt, so highly unlikely.
Shamima Begum: A bit like our French candidate Pierre would have trouble with a work permit and visa.
Arthur Fowler: Financial irregularities with the Woolford/Queen Vic Christmas club could overshadow any transfer deals. We are already unfairly called Swindle Town, Arthur’s appointment will be like throwing petrol on a fire to put it out.
Which leaves us with one Jeremy Clarkson: lives local. Prepared to try his hand at new ventures. Tackles difficult situations head on and it would seem battling officialdom is his cause celeb. Gets my vote.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:39:04 »

Michael Doughty came out of the player’s entrance at the end smartly dressed in a blue suit 🤔
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:45:33 »

Kieron Dyer at the game allegedly
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:05:33 »

Key is that they buy into Charlie being the talisman of the team. Charlie will drag the team forward and the manager needs to align with that.

CA is a streetwise leader that makes everyone else 5% better. Last equivalent was Caddy during promo year 19-20
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:08:44 »

Key is that they buy into Charlie being the talisman of the team. Charlie will drag the team forward and the manager needs to align with that.

CA is a streetwise leader that makes everyone else 5% better. Last equivalent was Caddy during promo year 19-20

did A LOT of in game coaching today. when there was a break in play he had his arm round wakeling as an example. will help the young players massively
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:09:11 »

Right from the start - when MacDonald was doing the obligatory line up photo thingy with the mascots and officials Charlie was ‘taking the huddle’ he was talking people.

At one point he was even shouting back to and finger gesturing positions / movements for the centre backs.

…as you said vital someone comes in who will work with that and not shut it down because he’s that insecure about Austin not respecting his authority & undermining him (which isn’t what he doing)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:10:58 »

Agree with this. Austin will give us direction and expect the most out of his team mates every week - and he won't be scared to call you out if you aren't pulling your weight.

Also has the experience to encourage when needed not just berate.

Would love an announcement on Monday but feel it might drag on a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: