Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152921 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 17:32:58 »

He’s already said today he’s not interested
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 17:37:27 »

At the risk of quoting myself earlier on - he talks about bringing in young players to develop and sell as if it's the end goal, not a means to the end of improving the on field fortunes of the team. I actually don't think it's a terrible approach (although I'd want to get out of L2 first and do it in L1) but there's a difference between "what we want to achieve" and "how we're going to achieve it" and Sandro seems to completely not get that. You can say it's implicit, but like... it shouldn't be - there's no reason for him to avoid saying "we want to win football matches and develop players at the same time".

I get that and largely agree but I do think people are over reacting to it. As long as we get good players and start winning then everyone is happy?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 17:38:10 »

We've all got PTSD from the Lindsey fiasco but if he was ever a serious candidate he'd be placed in sole caretaker charge, not joint with Mildenhall.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 18:03:46 »

I get that and largely agree but I do think people are over reacting to it. As long as we get good players and start winning then everyone is happy?

The reaction is probably because neither of the two items mentioned have happened.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 18:08:40 »

The reaction is probably because neither of the two items mentioned have happened.

and also he didn't even talk about the second one in terms of success.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 18:29:21 »

I don't think the team is that bad, the manager is in charge on the field and he has finally gone.
DMC

« Reply #171 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 18:57:58 »

Midfield is bad
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 19:08:52 »

Midfield is bad
+ our wide options. Position wise I don’t think we are too far from where we should be based on our side on paper.
DMC

« Reply #173 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 19:13:11 »

quote author=Dr Pierre Chang link=topic=59496.msg1715908#msg1715908 date=1673550532]
+ our wide options. Position wise I don’t think we are too far from where we should be based on our side on paper.
[/quote]Agree, i would love to see us sign a Barry type player and a real hard bastard in the middle, along with someone who will carry the ball from deep
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 19:15:30 »

I don't think the team is that bad, the manager is in charge on the field and he has finally gone.

I disagree.  We have some bones of a team, but the squad is poorly compiled (position depth wise) and while Austin is a potential change, the majority is simply not good enough to challenge THIS season.

Wakeling for example - I like him, think he will improve with the right coaching and experience - however, he should not be your primary forward in a Top 3 challenge.  He'd be doing far better this season if we were able to manage his exposure to first team football.  Sadly, he is relied upon because we recruited poorly.

Jephcott - totally unsuitable for any formation we have tried and way of playing.  He would have been perfect in Wellens' team, or Flitcrofts for different reasons.

Adeloye - a big miss (no pun intended)

Massey - who?

Hepburn-Murphy - injured, possible prospect with no track record, one cameo

That was the forward line we recruited - before we get to the midfield.

None of them fit together.  All bar one are gambles and the one who isn't doesn't fit the way of playing.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 19:23:50 »

Midfield is bad
It's the same personnel as last season minus Payne.   It's the forward line that isn't working.   There's no pace or physical presence.
Wakeling works his socks off mind, but Williams should be more central and shade is a massive downgrade on mckirdy.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 19:27:42 by Pookemon » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 19:28:45 »

Midfield is bad

I don’t even think our midfield is that bad.

They way they’ve been set up and who was playing where is what is bad.

In 433 our weakest era is the wide forwards imo
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 19:32:28 »

It's the legs and drive of Payne that is missing in midfield and also the fact it doesn't have two wide ish players who like to stretch defences in front of them.  Another fail in terms of a squad build.  It's not a bad midfield three, so much as a bad midfield three for what we have around them and we never really added what was already a weak point with only Payne being able to run around.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 19:40:52 »

It's the legs and drive of Payne that is missing in midfield and also the fact it doesn't have two wide ish players who like to stretch defences in front of them.  Another fail in terms of a squad build.  It's not a bad midfield three, so much as a bad midfield three for what we have around them and we never really added what was already a weak point with only Payne being able to run around.

You can’t have Darcy anywhere near a 3 in midfield, just not effective.
Reid is the only player effective with a ball now Conroy has left, has struggled to reach the exceptional levels of last season. Iandolo completely ineffective, Shade offers nothing, Gladwin by far the most consistent midfielder performer. Khan has added some bite.
Whether it’s similar to last season it’s been in the main completely ineffective.

The biggest threat comes from Hutton.

I watched last away game against Walsall on you tube the other night, I wish that I hadn’t.
we’ve gone backwards by a considerable distance.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 20:09:42 »

It's no conincidence that our best performances this season have come when playing without any widemen.   A diamond 4 with 2 centre forwards and  Hutton and FBT bombing forward and crossing towards bodies in the box.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: