Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 153062 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 15:55:48 »

Yep however SDM has really let the cat out of the bag - the direction must come from the top as he's just an employee, not the business owner. Rob will come on & say it's been misunderstood etc but I'm not sure it really has.....think I said before, more questions than answers.

The club hierarchy really need to get on the same page with regard to the direction of travel.
If that means someone has to have a quiet word with Sandro then all well & good.
I'd like to think that there is a realisation in the boardroom that getting out of this division is paramount in order for the model to be properly functional.

The infrastructure is another issue that should be prominent even with the CG purchase imminent.
CG purchase - development - increased income - plough it into the infrastructure & keeping the first team competitive.

It will be a delicate balance & will also take time.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 16:00:28 »

More of a mate of a mate of a mate link, but Steve Morison is potentially the 7th interviewee.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 16:02:47 »

More of a mate of a mate of a mate link, but Steve Morison is potentially the 7th interviewee.

Wouldn't hate that, tricky end at Cardiff but Championship experience isn't to be sniffed at and supposedly tried to play some decent football. Would make some sense I think.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 16:04:34 »

Just seen this quote:

That's someone that plays a certain brand of football, attacking football, possession based football because that's what we believe is the best case of showcasing talent.

So it is Sandro that is telling the manger to play keep ball as it looks good to other teams - what looks good to other teams is good players, keep ball helps Sandro stats as it means the players have passed the ball 500 times and had a shot instead of 10 times and had a shot

I know it's picking holes but christ...someone tell him (or Clem) its boring football, not what the fans want, and without fans you have nowt
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 16:05:35 »

Wouldn't hate that, tricky end at Cardiff but Championship experience isn't to be sniffed at and supposedly tried to play some decent football. Would make some sense I think.

He wouldn't be a bad choice

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 16:13:24 »

Think he was linked on here a few days back? Not sure there are many out of work managers who haven't been linked now.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 16:25:16 »

I've listened to the interview and I can't see any issue with what he has said. We know that we are a selling club and more or less every other club is.

We want to play passing football and we have been successful with it before. Where do you think younger pro's (from big clubs)/clubs will want to go, a team playing football the type of football they know and will make them better or hoof ball?

To get more value out of players the team needs to be winning that simple, so his aim is to make a winning team? Or the whole model falls down.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 16:28:13 »

I've listened to the interview and I can't see any issue with what he has said. We know that we are a selling club and more or less every other club is.

We want to play passing football and we have been successful with it before. Where do you think younger pro's (from big clubs)/clubs will want to go, a team playing football the type of football they know and will make them better or hoof ball?

To get more value out of players the team needs to be winning that simple, so his aim is to make a winning team? Or the whole model falls down.

At the risk of quoting myself earlier on - he talks about bringing in young players to develop and sell as if it's the end goal, not a means to the end of improving the on field fortunes of the team. I actually don't think it's a terrible approach (although I'd want to get out of L2 first and do it in L1) but there's a difference between "what we want to achieve" and "how we're going to achieve it" and Sandro seems to completely not get that. You can say it's implicit, but like... it shouldn't be - there's no reason for him to avoid saying "we want to win football matches and develop players at the same time".
DMC

« Reply #158 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 16:54:55 »

That's what has been suggested although I imagine it would be more than just ''one assistant', probably the full coaching staff.
This is exactly how things get going and people end up believing anything, also like the Gunning has been offered it nonsense, mad that people get so angry over stuff that has not happened.

The Hughton stuff was made up by someone on twitter who posted it for a laugh and now people are posting it as gospel
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 16:58:52 »

At the risk of quoting myself earlier on - he talks about bringing in young players to develop and sell as if it's the end goal
To be fair that might be his end goal, that might be what Clem wants him to do.
Ultimately it’s the managers job to get the team promoted.

The problem comes if we don’t sign any experienced players (like Austin) & the manager doesn’t get the players that he wants/needs to deliver his objectives
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 17:01:39 »

There's no reason we can't emulate a Peterborough and sell a few players that we get cheap but we also need players to stay so that we build a decent squad.

So, give no fucks
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 17:03:34 »

The wonders of social media.
That said does sound if Swindon does have a leak in high places
Or someone is playing games and taling the fun out of the situation.....  
DMC

« Reply #162 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 17:11:44 »

May not be popular but if he didn't behave like a lunatic on the touchline and you didn't know it was him you would probably be impressed with what he had to say here.. fair play  https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/gavin-gunning/

Is that a bit happy clappy?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 17:17:52 »

Just seen this quote:

That's someone that plays a certain brand of football, attacking football, possession based football because that's what we believe is the best case of showcasing talent.

So it is Sandro that is telling the manger to play keep ball as it looks good to other teams - what looks good to other teams is good players, keep ball helps Sandro stats as it means the players have passed the ball 500 times and had a shot instead of 10 times and had a shot

I know it's picking holes but christ...someone tell him (or Clem) its boring football, not what the fans want, and without fans you have nowt

I've heard enough about brands, systems, models and processes to last me a fucking lifetime.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 17:22:24 »

Think it will be Gunning unfortunately

With Sandro calling the shots it will be internal or an academy coach
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: