Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 153040 times)
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:58:34 »

where has that come from  ?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:02:09 »

Hope this has filtered down

No coincidence this was put up not long after Sandro’s interview.
Also been told Rob Angus will be interviewed by BBC today to basically put everyone’s minds at ease.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:05:21 »

No coincidence this was put up not long after Sandro’s interview.
Also been told Rob Angus will be interviewed by BBC today to basically put everyone’s minds at ease.
For knee.....see also jerk and reaction.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:18:46 »

That’s it. Wheel out the local guy and the STFC fan to reassure the fans. Poor bloke. If this regime ever goes to shit, just know he will be the man they use as a fall guy. Fans phone in with sandro needed that isn’t on the BBC Wilts platform, the power phone in were nothing short of a shambles.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:25:34 »

Ian Foster out of that list for me.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:35:14 »

If we're not going to sack him then just keep Sandro away from communications ffs.

I don't care about open and transparent when it comes to him. He's a fucking spiv and pisses people off every time he opens his gob. Needs monitoring to keep his foot out of his mouth.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:39:49 »

For knee.....see also jerk and reaction.

For foot, see Sandro's mouth
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:41:40 »

And it will turn out that 'the best candidates all along' were Gunning and Mildenhall  Doh

The bloke's a Grade A bullshitter. Said it from day 1.
Yep I've had my suspicions about this guy since the day he and SL gave contradictory answers to how the appointment came about. I absolutely do not trust him with our club in his hands.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:44:02 »

This might be slightly off topic and almost certainly a rehash of previous statements during the summer...but the lack of footballing history of the owner, chairman and DoF really does give me concern.

I would like to think that most people in football could spin a good enough yarn about plans and give coherent answers in an interview. I wouldn't claim to know how a football person could tell the difference between bluster and something solid, but I worry we're at risk of just getting another person in who sounds great superficially, whilst SdM signs players without a strategy or formation in mind.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:44:49 »

Yep I've had my suspicions about this guy since the day he and SL gave contradictory answers to how the appointment came about. I absolutely do not trust him with our club in his hands.

On that one though I guess he couldn't just say "well we thought we had someone, then he changed his mind and stayed at his current employer, and we ran out of time - so we just gave it to the guy who wanted it".

Not sure I remember the SL account.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:51:52 »

This might be slightly off topic and almost certainly a rehash of previous statements during the summer...but the lack of footballing history of the owner, chairman and DoF really does give me concern.

I would like to think that most people in football could spin a good enough yarn about plans and give coherent answers in an interview. I wouldn't claim to know how a football person could tell the difference between bluster and something solid, but I worry we're at risk of just getting another person in who sounds great superficially, whilst SdM signs players without a strategy or formation in mind.

I'd be fascinated to know what the recruitment process is now.
Who decides on what we need footballing wise? You'd assume the manager
Who decides on profile parameter (e.g. age, cost)? You'd assume Clem or Kiely - whatever he does
Who runs the data to get a list? Shandyman, Shandyman, Sh..
Who decides on which player form a list? You'd assume the manager + contract neg (Rob)?

So I'd think this was all done in close cooperation with the manager. So are we now stuck in transfer limbo? Apparently not according to Sandro.

So who is making the footballing recruitment calls?

I'd be pretty worried if it was Sandro unilaterally. But I just can't see that being the case.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:56:54 »

That’s it. Wheel out the local guy and the STFC fan to reassure the fans. Poor bloke. If this regime ever goes to shit, just know he will be the man they use as a fall guy. Fans phone in with sandro needed that isn’t on the BBC Wilts platform, the power phone in were nothing short of a shambles.

Yep however SDM has really let the cat out of the bag - the direction must come from the top as he's just an employee, not the business owner. Rob will come on & say it's been misunderstood etc but I'm not sure it really has.....think I said before, more questions than answers.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:58:43 »

Makes you hanker after Power, Jewell and Chorley!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 15:04:30 »

From the presser

‘ Gavin Gunning on his future:

I spoke to the club and I imagine I will still be here under the new manager. I must be doing something right to get that.

I am not going to be taking the job. There are some superb candidates that have interviewed, so I won't be taking it. I could be ready now, but I don't want to take that risk and it isn't fair on the club.’
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 15:09:00 »

From the presser

‘ Gavin Gunning on his future:

I spoke to the club and I imagine I will still be here under the new manager. I must be doing something right to get that.

I am not going to be taking the job. There are some superb candidates that have interviewed, so I won't be taking it. I could be ready now, but I don't want to take that risk and it isn't fair on the club.’
A strange interview as the way he says he won’t be taking it makes it sound like he was offered the chance…
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: