Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152936 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:46:05 »

Said from day one and only time will tell.
Just have this ongoing doubt about purchasing the club at a low cost, become owners and sell it on for a tidy profit.

I'm not sure anyone would disagree with this suspicion, but the question remains.... how...

The club may have been bought on the cheap (which seems to be more luck than judgement) but he has still thrown a fair whack at it which he will want back, we have made literally no progress on the pitch (in fact many would argue we have regressed) and even the ground thing is not really a money spinner as it needs the fans permission for the owner to scratch his arse so is hardly a profit generating venture for the owner.

Much as with Power before, and pretty much any club owner, if you are going to buy a club and stagger along towards the bottom of the pyramid, there are considerably easier and more lucrative ways to make cash with investment.

I see that a figure of £20m is being touted around for the lad barely out of short trousers who is apparently buying Morecambe, which just illustrates the best way to make a profit is to get up the ladder a bit, the one thing that Clem seems intent on avoiding.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:48:52 »

To add some more points for the Foster column:
Was Paul Cooks first team coach at Portsmouth when he got promoted from league two, so has some know how on how to get out of this division.
Brought through likes of Maddison at Coventry.
Worked with Steve Cooper when England under 17s won the world cup
Impressive win rate as England youth manager, which has bode well for likes of Steve Cooper and Rob Edwards in recent seasons.

He's definitely second choice for me. Its him or Artell and everyone else can completely get to fuck.
DMC

« Reply #107 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:50:45 »

Out of that list it can only be Artell or Foster. If the manager is picked as more of a coach then Foster stands out for me but personally i think Artell gets us promoted

All the other stuff is just hearsay until it happens, whoever is appointed won't appeal to everyone.  
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:54:09 »

Out of that list it can only be Artell or Foster. If the manager is picked as more of a coach then Foster stands out for me but personally i think Artell gets us promoted

All the other stuff is just hearsay until it happens, whoever is appointed won't appeal to everyone.  

Agreed.
Foster would have been a good appointment in the summer, not so much now.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:18:29 »

They won't appeal to everyone but if its Artell most sane people will go "Fair enough, lets crack on"

Foster might get a few groans of a youth coach and that was my initial reaction, but looking more as far as youth coaches so....he looks like he's probably a bloody good one. So definite reasonable second choice.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:21:21 »

If Whelan’s source is Di Michele, then presumably, he knows it’ll be “leaked” online, and opinions will follow. Otherwise, we are one very (unintentionally) leaky club all of a sudden. Hi Sandro. Don’t appoint Bircham or Keiron Dyer please.

Artell hands down for where we are now.

Foster, as mentioned above, is probably second choice (by a distance) based on an impressive CV and pathway others from the set up have shown. He’d have contacts that Lindsey and co did not.
DMC

« Reply #111 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:31:59 »

Wonder who is leaking the names to that Ryan as well.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:32:43 »

Artell

Foster

Everyone else.
DMC

« Reply #113 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:33:02 »

If Whelan’s source is Di Michele, then presumably, he knows it’ll be “leaked” online, and opinions will follow. Otherwise, we are one very (unintentionally) leaky club all of a sudden. Hi Sandro. Don’t appoint Bircham or Keiron Dyer please.

Artell hands down for where we are now.

Foster, as mentioned above, is probably second choice (by a distance) based on an impressive CV and pathway others from the set up have shown. He’d have contacts that Lindsey and co did not.
Oh was just saying the same, can only be a handful of people can't it
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:40:49 »

Well we'll presume we wont have anyone by Saturday so it will be interesting to see if anyone is spotted in the stands.

Personally I have no idea what these fuckers look like so don't rely on me.

Never knowingly overstated.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:44:40 »

I'd spot Artell, Bircham, Dyer and possibly Matt Taylor.

Foster could walk right up to me and I'd have no idea who he was as I hadn't heard of him until today.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:46:12 »

Quote from: DMC
Wonder who is leaking the names to that Ryan as well.

exactly what a leaker would say
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #117 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:46:27 »

Foster could walk right up to me and I'd have no idea who he was as I hadn't heard of him until today.
You could mistake him for Johnny Williams Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:48:18 »

Hope this has filtered down
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:57:00 »

Hope this has filtered down

Sandro also thinks it will help the younger players we eventually intend to sell on.....because that is what he'll hear.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: