Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152930 times)
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:06:08 »

That interview has deffo done more bad then good, perhaps the ''happy clapping fanboys'' will start to question things....is Clem saying one thing to us & telling Sandro to do the opposite I wonder......the fact he never mentions promotion once or a manager which can archive this is a massive RED FLAG!!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:07:23 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23245849.reports-kieron-dyer-david-artell-among-swindon-manager-candidates/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:09:53 »

Whelan's just tweeted that his earlier tweet about Artell not being interviewed or contacted by STFC is 'no longer true'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:11:16 »

I've had a think about the Sandro interview and I think the thing that bothers me is that he talks about bringing in young players to develop and sell as if it's the end goal, not a means to the end of improving the on field fortunes of Swindon Town football club. I actually don't think it's a terrible approach (although I'd want to get out of L2 first and do it in L1) but there's a difference between "what we want to achieve" and "how we're going to achieve it" and Sandro seems to completely not get that.
DMC

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:13:36 »

Whelan's just tweeted that his earlier tweet about Artell not being interviewed or contacted by STFC is 'no longer true'
It wasn't true when he posted it tbf. Their contact is David Artel directly, he was hardly going to say yeah spoke to them last night
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:14:04 »

Ryan Whelan reckons Ian Foster (England U20s manager) has been interviewed
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:14:08 »

That interview is absolutely diabolical and it just doesn't wash with me. I said when Lindsey was appointed it was done on the cheap and it was a Power-like appointment. I get being sustainable and trying to develop young talent, not a problem. But no talk of promotion, no discussion of us trying to get out of this league (the lowest league Swindon have ever been in). Fuck off Sandro if I wanted to watch an academy I'd go to a Premier League U23s game. Absolute load of shit and disrespectful to so many fans who have invested heavily in the club within their life.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:14:54 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dvvfq3

Sandro speaks - not once does he mention about getting a manager who can get us out the league. Same old shit about developing players and talent etc etc.

Fuck off

Every time he opens his fucking trap he pisses me off.

He's a cunt. I want him gone.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:15:21 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dvvfq3

The more I listen to Sandro, the less convinced I am. Comes across as such a Rookie. Doesn’t answer the question  and Speaks with zero conviction, the only time he’s sure of himself is when he says every player is for sale at the right price and the new man has to have a record of developing talent. This bloke is literally running the entire football operation, and I don’t think I’m alone I’m saying he fills me with zero confidence.

This. Talks shite in circles.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:15:34 »

Step 1 - get appointed
Something
Step 6 - Selling players for tonnes of cash in the prem

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:17:05 »

And Matt Taylor…
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:19:36 »

That interview played to me as a perfect response to the Artell come get me. It almost seemed that Sandro was saying things that perhaps match similar of what Artell has previously achieved at Crewe. Still disappointing that he hasn't mentioned promotion being the aim. Disappointing.

Now, ain't that just like me?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:19:40 »

Looks like a composite of Luke Warm and Garner

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:19:47 »

Fuck me. Would've been better to not say anything.

Pretty much every time he talks is the same.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 12:20:50 »

David Artell, Marc Bircham, Ian Foster, Kieran Dyer & Matt Taylor have been interviewed according to Ryan Whelen.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: