Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152906 times)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:19:11 »

literally every time he speaks he makes me nervous. has to drill home we are a selling club at every single opportunity.

8th is regarded as a good position  No
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:21:57 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dvvfq3

Sandro speaks - not once does he mention about getting a manager who can get us out the league. Same old shit about developing players and talent etc etc.

Fuck off

Just had a similar conversation with Venks,

I don't want us to turn into Crewe. Play the right way. young squad. Happy to sell to keep the lights on. Winning promotion as a nice to have bonus.

Fuck that. Its not for me.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:23:44 »

He seems to be so misaligned with the fanbase. We're in League 2. The lowest we have ever been. This is not our level. Why can't he see that?

He does say new manager won't be this side of the weekend.

And that he's still signing players. With all of the football know how he has.

Admits Hutton has "had attention" but the Peterborough transfer with Tomlinson "is not something he's aware of".
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:27:19 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:27:48 »

It's just lots of woffle.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:30:09 »

He seems to be so misaligned with the fanbase. We're in League 2. The lowest we have ever been. This is not our level. Why can't he see that?

Even if you want to do the selling club, developing players model, surely that's a million times easier to do in L1 where you'll attract better players, higher fees and have fewer nasty cloggy bully teams to make you look shite.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:32:56 »

So does he tell the prospective manager that promotion isn’t the priority but would be a nice bonus behind selling players that have been developed. Can’t see many being swayed by such a lack of ambition - apart from those desperate for a wage or Scott Lindsey.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:33:02 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dvvfq3

Sandro speaks - not once does he mention about getting a manager who can get us out the league. Same old shit about developing players and talent etc etc.

Fuck off

He's not very good at reading the room is he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:35:57 »

He's not very good at reading the room is he?

Not at all.
Really pissed me off that interview has.
I’m thankful for Clem for everything he’s done, but he really needs to start understanding that fans only really give a shit about winning games of football, and employing people like Sandro to contribute to that really isn’t going to work.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:37:56 »

Fuck me. Would've been better to not say anything.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:38:23 »

So does he tell the prospective manager that promotion isn’t the priority but would be a nice bonus behind selling players that have been developed. Can’t see many being swayed by such a lack of ambition - apart from those desperate for a wage or Scott Lindsey.

I've previously stated that I had been willing to give Sandro time to implement his plan/strategy, but what he's saying is all wrong and I'm concerned that it will cause us to be hamstrung to get the best manager to get us out of League 2. I'm inclined to agree with you here Aud.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:38:43 »

hopefully the 1/3/5 years plan was discussed in the AB meeting. i'm sounding like a broken record banging on about it but without it we have nothing to benchmark where we are at any given point and what exactly the current regimes aims are.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:39:49 »

This is going to be a divisive message on purpose:

On the football side, at what point in Clems tenure do we start to ask what direction the club is headed?
What's the plan?
If Power had pulled this we'd be close to riot.  
And yes, I realise we've not appointed a manager yet - so its a bit previous.

( The financial side, as far as we know, is a revelation and miles apart)

edit: seems Million Pound Man just asked this in a nicer way
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:40:47 »

hopefully the 1/3/5 years plan was discussed in the AB meeting. i'm sounding like a broken record banging on about it but without it we have nothing to benchmark where we are at any given point and what exactly the current regimes aims are.

What was the 1 year plan? We're at 2 now aren't we?

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:41:53 »

That interview. Good grief
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 11:43:57 »

Sounds like what he was saying before Lindsey was appointed - which is rather concerning.

Anyone find the old interview and compare it

It would be nice to stop all this we want someone that can develop players, as in a winning teams players get developed and get noticed, and if those players are younger then they are worth that bit more.

You can see why some managers are put off if that is the spiel they are given about having to develop and sign young players then sell them and play keep ball, not creating a winning team being successful, getting promoted, putting down a marker as a team to be watched

We want someone that can be successful first and foremost and develop players along the way so that later on they get the opportunity to move and play at a higher level and the club benefits financially as well, not sign 10, twenty somethings and hope that 1 or 2 actually make it

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: