Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 29048 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:46:42 »

I'd be tempted by Betsy but doesn't strike me as a January get promoted or else signing - him or Manning would make more sense if we were building for next season, but Austin + sacking Lindsey says it's L1 or bust? (not actually bust, hopefully)

I had forgotten about Manning, I guess technically Garner is available also but that's unlikely.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:48:06 »

We need a blow your socks off type appointment to galvanise players and fans straight away - and attract new players

But they got to fit in with Sandro's data led recruitment and stat attack
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:49:05 »

Leam wotsisname who did well at Wigan when Sandro was there is presently available.

I think, only through guesswork, Sandro (is that a nickname by the way? his name appears to be David) has a connection to Wigan through SkyBet, being a fan, getting into the horses and then David Whealan's Grandson (now at Mansfield as CEO I think).  Not sure he is is an insider so much as a Hospitality Selfie chap through his PR role.  Who knows.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:50:23 »

Thinking about managers that are instantly available you have;

Kevin Betsy - didn't do so well at Crawley but they were a shambles
Grant McCann - struggled at Posh
Cowley Brothers - experienced campaigners
Sol Campbell - always seems to be linked so why not
Harry Kewell - I noticed him on the bench with Celtic at the weekend and more of a lazy link because of his Australian roots.

Don't particularly fancy any of them, but didn't McCann at least win promotion with Peterborough in one of his stints?

Cowley brothers did well at Lincoln but too negative. Same situation now where you're only happy if we're flying.

Fuck no to the rest.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:50:38 »

I had forgotten about Manning, I guess technically Garner is available also but that's unlikely.

From Wiki re Manning

Manning favours a high possession, high pressing style of football.

He has a reputation for developing young players, having spent much of his early coaching career working with the academy sides of West Ham United, Ipswich Town and New York City FC. Manning is credited as having contributed to the development of England international Declan Rice.

Sounds like our sort of appointment.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:51:51 »

From Wiki re Manning

He has a reputation for developing young players, having spent much of his early coaching career working with the academy sides of West Ham United, Ipswich Town and New York City FC. Manning is credited as having contributed to the development of England international Declan Rice.

Yeah minus the high pressing.

Although Lindsey spouted some bollocks about that and fast pace, etc. as did Garner when he signed for Charlton.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:52:05 »

From Wiki re Manning

It does
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:52:34 »

didn't McCann at least win promotion with Peterborough in one of his stints?

Won L1 title with Hull
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:53:28 »

Won L1 title with Hull

That's what I was thinking of.

Yeah, he's a mixed bag but had had success.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:58:35 »

Reading up on him, Manning would be the type of person who would fit.  Only really been involved in recruiting a squad once, mostly Academy experience at a high/decent level.  The worry would be whether or not that MK team he did well with was a result of what he took over - were they not coached by Williams as well?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 15:59:08 »

I’ll nail my balls that it’s Manning.

This is what I am understanding.

Now, ain't that just like me?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:14:06 »

Just ask Charlie if he knows any decent older coaches looking for a job and let him have a bash as Manager with that person as help (if nobody of real intent is available within our orbit of connections or comes forward).
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:16:46 »

Just ask Charlie if he knows any decent older coaches looking for a job and let him have a bash as Manager with that person as help (if nobody of real intent is available within our orbit of connections or comes forward).

I know you almost certainly aren't being serious but CA doesn't have his coaching badges. Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:18:31 »

As much as I welcome CA’s experience in the dressing room and the fact he will most likely bag goals, I’d want him as far away as possible from a managerial role. Think he’s too emotional for it.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:18:43 »

Manning for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: