Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 59329 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 19:20:16 »

There is a lot of talk of 'getting it wrong' but what do we mean by that?

Remember when we pissed out for weeks and appointed Scott Lindsey without even interviewing him?

Good example.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 19:25:04 »

Remember when we pissed out for weeks and appointed Scott Lindsey without even interviewing him?

Good example.

Then told he was always the first choice.

So, give no fucks
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 19:28:21 »

There is a lot of talk of 'getting it wrong' but what do we mean by that?
I'd say someone who on paper looks out of their depth or has a poor history at our level.

I'm not worried if they sound thick as long as they know how to win football matches and can delegate.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 19:29:58 »

Surely this appointment is crucial Clem & Co cant afford to get it wrong, but you would hope that maybe they would go for someone like Wellens for e.g. that has managed before, so has a bit of experience, done ok but not great and has that hunger to prove himself, but surely we also need someone that knows the lower leagues though.

Second thoughts with the 2 lots of Compo we now have lets go and get Wellens back, we are a bigger team than Orient so have more potential surely

Clem would love Wellens back, unfortunately the compo is the problem.
Would love him back, superb Manager and Coach. Plenty of players speak highly of him.
Mind you a few of our ex players hated him, those being the ones no longer playing in the EFL.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 19:41:34 »

Wellens would have to be mad to want away from Orient at this moment in time anyway

Though you should never judge a book by it's cover
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 19:59:56 »

Absolutely no chance of Wellens back. Doing great at Orient with a team he's had time to build and why on earth would he leave that.

I don't have a particular name that I want, however I want us to show some ambition. Get a manager who has got promoted before, a manager that has a bit of experience, someone who is going to give me a bit of excitement. Another perceived "cheap option" will not go down well in many areas and lots of questions will be asked of Clem.

With Austin back and a decent name manager in, be a good pull for new players/fans and give some sort of fucking excitement which has been sorely lacking.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 20:24:42 »

Wellens would have to be mad to want away from Orient at this moment in time anyway

Though you should never judge a book by it's cover

Doing a cracking job and wouldn’t see him leaving right now.
However ambitious, wants to manage at a higher level.

Prepare to be underwhelmed, I am. The Swindon way, just used to it now unfortunately.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 20:27:42 »

Given that we still have some director of football or whatever that bloke Sandro is, I am not expecting some big name.  It feels like its going to just be another highly rated coach.  I also expect to be underwhelmed.

Never knowingly overstated.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 21:04:46 »

Whoever gets the job I reckon that at least 69% of supporters will be up in arms
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 21:06:54 »

Whoever gets the job I reckon that at least 69% of supporters will be up in arms

That just isn't true though, is it?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 21:07:16 »

how nice for you

Are you BR or JBZ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 21:10:08 »

Quote from: TheDukeOfBanbury
Prepare to be underwhelmed, I am. The Swindon way, just used to it now unfortunately.

Given its mid season is it really to much to ask to get someone with a little bit of relevant experience in rather than a punt?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 21:11:28 »

Clem has to get this right. Another poor choice of manager will almost certainly hit season ticket renewals. I’d go as far to say it also would give a clear indication how ambitious the club is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 21:14:52 »

Ambition = cash.

How much have we really got?

Crowds are good for the league but Clem isn't minted and he had to find the debenture money so any he had down the back of the sofa is gone.

But untried punts still feel a bit off for where we should be aiming to me.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 21:20:05 »

What I am saying is that I dont think that there is any one that will unite the fanbase
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: