Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 63377 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 09:50:56 »

If it wasn't true, the club would deny it, at the very least through ITKers.

If it is true, the club won't comment until it's done.

So it's pretty clear what is happening.
DMC

« Reply #226 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 10:18:17 »

Exactly Nemo, i will be amazed if we do not have someone in by Saturday
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 10:32:02 »

If it wasn't true, the club would deny it, at the very least through ITKers.

If it is true, the club won't comment until it's done.

So it's pretty clear what is happening.

Agreed, only potential issue is if he doesn’t get the job.

In the past we probably wouldn’t know any of it, but his position here would be untenable with most of the fans knowing he would prefer to be at Crawley.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 10:37:08 »

It was 1980.

79/80 season

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 10:40:10 »

Most of them were already in the Town End if I remember. Unlike the Arsenal fans

Spurs fans were grouped to the left hand side of the middle exit and what I remember Arsenal fans were outside the same exit at the end of the game.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 10:50:59 »

Spurs fans were grouped to the left hand side of the middle exit and what I remember Arsenal fans were outside the same exit at the end of the game.

We were right behind the middle exit in the Town End, so got a close up of the Spurs fans Smiley

I don’t remember seeing many Arsenal fans after the game, but we were in quite early so saw the ones that ran from the corner towards the TE, they didn’t get much farther than the halfway line, especially after someone fired a flare at them Cheesy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 10:55:27 »

We were right behind the middle exit in the Town End, so got a close up of the Spurs fans Smiley

I don’t remember seeing many Arsenal fans after the game, but we were in quite early so saw the ones that ran from the corner towards the TE, they didn’t get much farther than the halfway line, especially after someone fired a flare at them Cheesy

They were definitely at the exist but were quickly pushed back with the mass exodus of Town fans.whats annoying about the Arsenal games there is no footage anywhere of Billy Tuckers goal at Highbury just the replay at home.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 10:58:56 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 11:18:24 »

I really don’t get the need for a club update.

This is where Twitter/social media causes problems. 6/7 years ago, no one would know any different until something was announced.
I really don’t understand our fans need for an update. Why does it make any difference? 
But that’s the point. It isn’t 6 or 7 years ago and, like it or not, social media makes a huge difference on how things are, or should, be done. It’s all part of the instant gratification era!
DMC

« Reply #233 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 11:40:27 »

But that’s the point. It isn’t 6 or 7 years ago and, like it or not, social media makes a huge difference on how things are, or should, be done. It’s all part of the instant gratification era!
Then that is the persons fault not the clubs.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 11:47:35 »

Nobody is asking for a blow by blow account of the Lindsey situation but, surely, a bare bones acknowledgment isn’t too much to expect. The club uses social media for almost everything else, why not this?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 11:56:57 »

Nobody is asking for a blow by blow account of the Lindsey situation but, surely, a bare bones acknowledgment isn’t too much to expect. The club uses social media for almost everything else, why not this?

But we pretty much know what’s happening, we all know Lindsey has left/leaving, why do we need the club to tell us before it’s official?
It’s not the clubs fault some reporter has gone out and broke a story, the same way it wasn’t the clubs fault Sky Sports broke the Austin story.
They’ll tell us when there is something to tell us.

Really don’t see the need for them to say something we already know,
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 12:12:54 »

The problem is, the club give a one liner, it will cause a stir and won't be enough, then people will be moaning that the one liner isn't enough.  It's best to either say nothing or say it all - nothing is the right thing to do as things can change quickly.

It happens on here, people say something that they know/heard, and all of a sudden it's how do you know, who told you, post a link..  sometimes it's best to just say nothing until it's done.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DMC

« Reply #237 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 12:27:30 »

This is where i get confused. I genuinely do not know what people want. What is the acknowledgement as such you want, what can they actually say

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 12:39:27 »

At the moment we’ve had info from a journo plus a couple of ITKers. Everyone now is convinced that is enough to prove Lindsey has gone or is going. It’s all conjecture.

If there was no grain of truth in it the club would, I hope, come out and confirm that.

Why is the club refusing to even comment that a ‘situation’ exists?

There can be no legal issue that prevents that.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 12:50:56 »

The problem is, the club give a one liner, it will cause a stir and won't be enough, then people will be moaning that the one liner isn't enough.  It's best to either say nothing or say it all - nothing is the right thing to do as things can change quickly.

It happens on here, people say something that they know/heard, and all of a sudden it's how do you know, who told you, post a link..  sometimes it's best to just say nothing until it's done.

Yeah, I agree with this. At the end of the day I'm frustrating its taking a long time again so I do understand, but sometimes you have to understand the club might not be in a position to confirm anything officially and might not be able to legally.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: