Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 60374 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:11:22 »

Was about to say the same thing, the good coach thing seems a bit of a myth with nothing on his CV suggesting anything other than average lower league youth coach. It seems a lot of peoples opinions of his coaching ability is based on sentiment rather than the facts at hand.

With someone like Garner I have serious doubts about his long term suitability for the top job in managing a football team at a decent level.  What I am not in doubt about is his coaching - he took the skeleton of a shit team under Sheridan, sprinkled in a bunch of possible talent and in very short time you could see a way of playing (like it or not).  You also saw some younger players improve.  Lindsey, to me, looks to have tried to continue what was there.  One of the reasons it's looked so meh to me - it's an attempt at continuity with lesser talent and very few looking to improve over that time.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:12:35 »

Crawley rumour is based on a fake Twitter post isn't jt

It could be a joke, but it didn't originate from today.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:20:50 »

Crawley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:27:47 »

Whilst I agree a change was probably for the best, I do not understand those on social media who are publicly celebrating somebody who’s lost his job. Scott genuinely cares about our club, worked hard and has been through a lot the past few years. The only feeling I take away from this is one of sadness that it didn’t work out. I was so happy for him after Mansfield. Hope he does well wherever he goes.   

Because its for the betterment of the club. I'm a Swindon Town fan not a Scott Lindsey fan.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:31:07 »

I think of the abuse he received from fans in person and via various media channels played in his decision to quit.

If that is true football management isn't for him. Fuck me he got a drop in the ocean compared to some managers.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:31:36 »

Not being funny, but does he have a good coaching pedigree?

Not as far as I can tell.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:40:38 »

If the Crawley thing has any truth to it, my reading is that he got an approach (god knows why after our game against them, unless he was already in the running  Wink), knew he was on the brink here and engineered an agreement that suited all parties.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:44:18 »

I think of the abuse he received from fans in person and via various media channels played in his decision to quit.  I suspect Jamie Day will take over the 1st team coaching whether that's for an interim period remains to be seen.

Indeed, it is one thing to question managerial credentials and another to label him some of the things that have been written by the childish prats on social media

I come from a land down-under
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:48:07 »

Nothing from the club as yet, I wonder whether after all the shite they got in the summer they are waiting to get the successor signed up before making an announcement, missed the 5 O'Clock opportunity today.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:53:14 »

Nothing from the club as yet, I wonder whether after all the shite they got in the summer they are waiting to get the successor signed up before making an announcement, missed the 5 O'Clock opportunity today.

It's a little bit interesting that after being a very un-leaky club after Power and Jewell left, the last few big announcements have all been heavily rumoured before the club got anywhere near announcing them. Don't know if it means anything really, but clearly "sources" have been growing in the STFC hierarchy!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 16:57:16 »

Indeed, it is one thing to question managerial credentials and another to label him some of the things that have been written by the childish prats on social media

I must have missed most of this thankfully. All I have seen is people pissed off with him as manager and his football.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 17:01:52 »

Football Insider saying Lindsey has been interviewed for the Crawley job
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 17:03:25 »

Who could resist the lure of managing the league 2 hoddle
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 17:03:27 »

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/01/05/exclusive-swindon-towns-scott-lindsey-set-for-new-club/

Ryan Whelan also
BaztheBootneck

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 17:03:49 »

Maybe Garners been offered the Crawley job and wants Lindsey as his number 2 again could explain it if he has jumped ??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: