Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Wombles of Wimbledon  (Read 16308 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, December 11, 2022, 16:19:44 »

Got to get in the box for that to happen.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, December 11, 2022, 16:23:15 »

Lindsey says their mindful of that😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 09:03:51 »

Saturday's game was a marginal improvement on recent games. Going with the back 4 was definitely a positive start, but the squad is really being tested at the moment with the injury list lengthening. Given all that went on over the weekend I'm already forgetting about what happened at SN1 but Wimbledon seemed to have the better chances in the first half, Davison shooting straight at Brynn I think was about the best thing of note.

We huffed and puffed second half and having the extra bodies in the final third helped, and I know I sound like a broken record here but yet again we didn't look dangerous and I think had only 1 shot on target, which to be fair was a brilliant save from their keeper. I thought Wakeling was non-existent, (I wondered why we wouldn't give Adeloye 20 minutes for Jake W) Iandolo yet again looking a shadow of the player he was last season, (perhaps playing so close to Shade is having that effect! Smiley) and despite Williams and Darcy injecting some much needed pace and energy, we never really looked like scoring. RHM looked lively when coming on and looks like a better prospect than Shade, but overall I think it's 2 points dropped against a very poor Wimbledon side who had they showed a bit of ambition may have gone home with the win.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #213 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 09:25:07 »

I would say it was a huge improvement on Crawley, but thats not too difficult!

Williams made things happen which we have badly been missing but Wakeling cannot play as a lone striker for me, we missed Jephcott, but he had not a lot of service yet again so I don't hold Wakeling at fault at all. Hutton looked good first half but hardly had the ball in the 2nd half.

I hope FBT stays until the end of the season, hes really handy at LB or CB and never let us down, hes on a season long loan but I fully expect the new(er) manager at Burton to recall him in January leaving us significantly weaker.

Iandolo looks far better in central midfield, hes been terrible most of this season out wide, as Red Frog says...he is where attacks go to die. Even his normally excellent crossing is poor this term, need a proper left sided midfielder/winger to replace him.

RHM does look a bag of trick and the sooner he gets to full fitness the better, hes a good option off the bench at least.

I thought Davison was very poor and wasted 2 guilt edges chances in front of goal, much like he did for us too often last season, on that showing I am glad we didnt spend £160k on him.

Overall not too disappointed with the result against a side unbeaten in a long time but I am disappointed in our actual chance creation which again was really poor.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 09:27:29 »

Yeah marginal is probably harsh. Somewhere between Marginal and Huge!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: