Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Wombles of Wimbledon  (Read 16287 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:46:58 »

The threat of an early kick off has been averted.

The threat of a Josh Davison sinking us remains.

Provided the whole thing isn't frosted off

Wimbledon are joint second in the 'last 6' form guide, with 14 points (Orient have 15). They have conceded 0 goals in their last 4 games (w3 D1)

We are 11th with 8 points. The wins v Hartlepool and Mansfield seem such a long time ago.

In fact our mid table form is true even if we go back 10 games (12th, 14 points), the spell includes our golden spell of 4 wins from 6 games.

Wimbledon are only 2 places and 2 points behind us now.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 13:13:53 »

Davison has managed 7 goals in 27 games, 1 goal in every 3.8 so less than Jephcotts strike rate(1 in 3), they should be more scared of him than we are of JD.

From the Dons forum, they seem a bit undecided about Josh so far, most recent posts at the top.

Don't remember Davison winning a single header today, but he certainly puts a shift in.

Davison has been poor for weeks but as he is the new Messiah he seems to be above criticism

Davison should have taken his chances.

JD was dreadful again today

The problem is the management; formation, team selection and tactics. In addition, specific training - such as Davison timing his headers - needs to be identified and acted upon.

I love what Davison offers, but have to agree his timing for headers is appalling. The only time I think of Cosgrove is when Josh mis times his jumping, just like Cosgrove does.

You’re not allowed to criticise Davison on here, he’s the new Messiah

Davison needs to learn how to time his jumps for headers. That is a real weakness of his. He seems to always jump under the ball or miss it. His timing is all wrong. That should be able to be coached if we had any coaches worth their salt to do it. There lies the problem.

Scored three goals with only two shots on target. Thank heavens we have Davison.

Davison deserved to be MotM and always works his arse off for the team. He would have fitted in well with the old Wimbledon team that climbed the divisions back in the 80s.

160K purchase. 23 years old. Three year contract. Josh Davison was excellent business. Works his arse off. Goalscorer. All round game improving each match.

Hes a pretty decent jobbing L2 target man, nothing more nothing less, but probably better than Adeloye has so far showed us. I hope Adeloye comes good but I just can't see it so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 13:18:45 »

Hes a pretty decent jobbing L2 target man, nothing more nothing less, but probably better than Adeloye has so far showed us. I hope Adeloye comes good but I just can't see it so far.

Not sure that needed a probably.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 13:22:16 »

Not sure that needed a probably.
I was giving him the HUGE benefit of the doubt Smiley

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 13:31:28 »

Could JD be the new Alex Revell?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 13:51:59 »

Could JD be the new Alex Revell?
We will see, this (if hes fit and picked) will be his first ever game against Swindon after being a non used sub for Charlton against us in the LC in 2020 being the only time hes been in a squad against us in his previous 160 games.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 13:57:33 »

Davison is (still) the type of striker most teams in our division would love in their squad as an option but none of the top teams would want him as their man striker.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 14:05:24 »

Davison is (still) the type of striker most teams in our division would love in their squad as an option but none of the top teams would want him as their man striker.
Indeed, hes a decent squad player but I wouldnt want to rely on him for a promotion push, would I have wanted us to spend £160k on him? absolutely not.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 14:09:20 »

£160k seems a bit too steep for me.
If for arguments sake the asking price was half of that - I’d have gone for it tbh
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 14:47:57 »

Kinda need to know how much we spent on Hutton/Khan and what the agreed fee is for Jephcott to judge that, but the club aren't very transparent on fees paid.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 16:27:21 »

Kinda need to know how much we spent on Hutton/Khan and what the agreed fee is for Jephcott to judge that, but the club aren't very transparent on fees paid.
Off on a tangent, but, I'm kinda wondering whether the Jephcott deal will actually happen.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DMC

« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 17:12:53 »

I liked Davison but looking at how we are set up to play even if we spent 160k on those 3 i would still pay that rather than 160k for him
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2022, 08:34:06 »

What do you think the chances of this going ahead are? Looks like temperatures may dip as low as -4/-5. That’s quite borderline in terms of the protection that the pitch covers offer if I recall correctly.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2022, 08:44:07 »

50/50 I reckon
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2022, 08:53:57 »

I can remember in 1980 before the Wolves league cup semi final they covered the pitch with straw. I'm surprised more clubs don't have the balloons over the pitch filled with warm air like Leicester did all those years ago but I guess it comes down to cost
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 6, 2022, 09:00:28 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: