Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, December 6, 2022, 16:42:39)
Sol Brynn - 1 (2.8%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 16 (44.4%)
Tom Clayton (sub 68) - 9 (25%)
Ciaran Brennan - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 0 (0%)
Ellis Iandolo (sub 81) - 3 (8.3%)
Louis Reed - 1 (2.8%)
Saidou Khan (sub 90) - 0 (0%)
Ben Gladwin (sub 45) - 1 (2.8%)
Luke Jephcott (sub 54) - 0 (0%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 68) - 0 (0%)
Ronan Darcy (on 45) - 0 (0%)
Mathieu Baudry (on 68) - 0 (0%)
Tyrese Shade (on 54) - 0 (0%)
Tomi Adeloye (on 68) - 0 (0%)
Morgan Roberts (on 90) - 2 (5.6%)
Marcel Lavinier (on 90) - 3 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley v Swindon Town MoM Thread  (Read 2849 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:35:32 »

Davison is not the player you want as your primary striker if chasing top 3.  He would improve us if we were to have him, says a lot.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:37:16 »

Probably a fair bit to do with the way the team set up but I feel Davison would still be putting himself about a lot more.

Whilst I don’t think it would make a massive positive difference to our attacking play. I think defenders would have more to deal with Davison even if it was just his work rate and pressure.

I mean, yes Jephcott isn’t getting chances and yes that’s majorly on the team but if he isn’t getting chances he literally adds no value. Davison would at least add work rate.

we did have the same issue with simpson though. there was a huge period of games when we didnt have good results and he didnt touch the ball. i dont feel like swindon has been good for strikers for years now. they can be very isolated.

i think mckirdy was the exception because we was buzzing round the whole of the front line and forcing mistakes and chances. not a true striker/ no.9
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:39:48 »

By years you mean a couple, right?  Doyle.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:41:21 »

we did have the same issue with simpson though. there was a huge period of games when we didnt have good results and he didnt touch the ball. i dont feel like swindon has been good for strikers for years now. they can be very isolated.

i think mckirdy was the exception because we was buzzing round the whole of the front line and forcing mistakes and chances. not a true striker/ no.9

Fair but feel Simpson (on what I’ve seen) had more to his game than Jephcott.

Like Simpson could bully defenders, he could run past them & he could hit them from distance. Thus far Jephcott really feels like a ‘goals inside the penalty area on a plate’ or nothing striker.

I feel if you were a defender up against Simpson (or even Davison) you’d have to do something where as if you’re a defender up against Jephcott (and we aren’t creating) you wouldn’t have to do much.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:42:27 »

Jephcott may look a good player if he had someone like Simpson next to him.  May also make Hutton more effective.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:43:37 »

By years you mean a couple, right?  Doyle.

i guess so. genuinely feels like a lifetime! covid era.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:44:56 »

I think if you take the strikers in this discussion (Simpson, Davison, Jephcott) + Wakeling I think all the combinations look pretty handy apart from Jephcott & Wakeling - ironically the one we actually have…
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:45:14 »

Jephcott may look a good player if he had someone like Simpson next to him.  May also make Hutton more effective.

Agree, we have an incoherent squad. Jephcott and Wakeling are similar, both look like they'd rather play with a bigger man next to eachother. Hutton is there to get crosses in to that player, who isn't in the squad (presumably Adeloye was meant to be this figure, but even then, one punt for a key position?). As it is, FBT is by some distance our best attacking header of a ball.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:46:28 »

So, we are all agreed we should go with FBT up front next game?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:53:24 »

would be an added bonus if some defenders popped up with some goals and get the team ticking
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 08:31:38 »

For once it looks like I picked the 'correct' MOTM. Went for Blake-Tracy. Always wanted the ball and got into dangerous positions down the left. Worked hard for no reward.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 15:57:08 »

Fuck the lot of em. Shite.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: