Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26335 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 10:42:25 »

I think we'll pan out mid table this year.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 10:55:31 »

I

I wondered before the season started if promotion was our main objective or whether it was showcasing the young talent we recruited for future sales.
I'd suggest both. I'd say Clayton and Wakeling look to be on the path to saleable, maybe Hutton.

But not yet.

Can't really see that in others yet.

anyway ..
------------
Maybe unfair question, but would you sign Jephcott?

I probably would if it wasn't a  top end cash deal. I know there's a decent scorer in there but we are not really unlocking it enough.

hope springs eternal
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 11:15:36 »

I'd suggest both. I'd say Clayton and Wakeling look to be on the path to saleable, maybe Hutton.

But not yet.

anyway ..
------------

I probably would if it wasn't a  top end cash deal. I know there's a decent scorer in there but we are not really unlocking it enough.

hope springs eternal

based on how we use him its a complete waste of money for a good goalscorer. it seems like we need to sign a peter crouch type to sit in the 6 yard box waiting for a cross.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 11:16:43 »

I think we'll pan out mid table this year.

Think it will still depend upon January, we are probably only a couple of players short and only 7 off the auto's (and still in the play off's) if we can kick on in January with a couple of good 'ins' still got a chance I reck?

Albeit, I fear what could make or break however is how we manage without Williams for the next month as we seem pretty clueless at the moment?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 11:32:32 »

Just wondering if it's Lindsey's tactics making us clueless as we can't rely just on Williams

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 12:18:58 »

Has Jephcott really scored 5 in 11 as per Wiki?

Talk about reality not matching perception if so. But he must have played more than 11. Surely.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 12:21:05 »

I probably would if it wasn't a  top end cash deal. I know there's a decent scorer in there but we are not really unlocking it enough.

hope springs eternal

It reminds me a bit of Delfouneso, he would make runs into the channel but the ball would just be passed sideways across the pitch rather than played into him. After a while he seemed to just give up making those runs as the ball was never played.

We need someone in midfield who can pick that pass
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 12:41:16 »

But not yet.

anyway ..
------------

I probably would if it wasn't a  top end cash deal. I know there's a decent scorer in there but we are not really unlocking it enough.

hope springs eternal
I would sign him. He is young and has a good goal scoring record. That alone would make him a saleable asset. A few tweaks to our system could see a much greater yield in front of goal.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 14:02:57 »

Has Jephcott really scored 5 in 11 as per Wiki?

Talk about reality not matching perception if so. But he must have played more than 11. Surely.

He's scored 3 in the last 5!  Not sure what games you are watching.   
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 14:39:44 »

it's not the eyesight, it's the memory after

you have to be happy with that, you really do
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 15:19:57 »

Jephcott is a Lineker/C Allen type of player - they will be in the right place often enough in the box.  Those players are worth having, so I'd sign him, BUT, he won't get involved enough in the rest of the game.  You need him to have a bully of a partner or a bunch of players with the legs to get him into the game.  I had no issue with selling McKirdy given what we knew, but we didn't add enough up top to counter that loss.  Hepburn-Murphy will not be that player to compliment Jephcott either.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 18:37:31 »

It reminds me a bit of Delfouneso, he would make runs into the channel but the ball would just be passed sideways across the pitch rather than played into him. After a while he seemed to just give up making those runs as the ball was never played.

We need someone in midfield who can pick that pass

We had the best 2 passers of the ball in the division last season. Conroy and Reed.
One no longer at the Club and one the current Manager won’t play.
The only threat remains down the right with Hutton. Very predictable at present and need to quickly change something.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 19:06:19 »

We had the best 2 passers of the ball in the division last season. Conroy and Reed.
The only threat remains down the right with Hutton. Very predictable at present and need to quickly change something.

I think it’s more Payne that we miss, I thought Darcy may be the player that could do that but it doesn’t look like it at the moment. Both Reed & Conroy were more longer passers of the ball, a bit like Gladwin this season, but we don’t seem to have anyone who can play that killer pass around the box.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 19:30:15 »

We are missing a lot of players.  Last seasons team beats this one and the team from a few years ago beats both of them.  The positions of each team tell the story.  I think if we had put this team together last season it would have made more sense, given the financial situation and the lack of a pre-season to sort out proper recruitment.  We have gone backwards a year - some of them will improve and be better players for next season but many are not really what you would base a top three challenge around.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, November 21, 2022, 20:19:24 »

We passed the ball 570 times on Saturday
Passing the ball is not our issue
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: