Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26330 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 09:32:40 »

Not sure I've ever seen a game management masterclass like that before.
Except that it wasn't a masterclass, it was both pathetic & comical with some obvious plain cheating thrown in.
If Crewe were that desperate for the 3 points then just let them have them before the game and we all could have spent our time elsewhere.
The rolling back onto the pitch manoeuvre to then lie prone and the sudden onset of cramp will henceforth be known as doing an Agyei.

Football fans don't seem to raise the issue of value for money & entertainment value all that much.
I guess we are too invested in it to the point where seeing a win is more important than being entertained.
We leave the ground and accept that what Crewe were doing was just part of the game.

It's not though, it's bringing the game into disrepute.
It could also easily be minimised by introducing a stop clock for goal kicks so the keeper can take as long as they want in their own time & not ours as paying spectators.
Stop the watch when a goal is scored, so that the partying team can amble back from one of the far corners in their own good time.
Same for injuries as well so that we aren't paying to watch both teams saunter over to the touchline for some coaching & hydration.

Not sure why the multiball system isn't used in the EFL.
When it disappears down the steps into the DRS concourse into a different spacetime continuum to eventually reappear from the far touchline after the obligatory delay.
It's all a bit tinpot. Can we have our ball back please school playground stuff.

And yes, people do tend to get grumpier with age.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 10:02:20 »

Only thing worse than Crewe’s blatant cheating was the refs lack of action taken against it.

It was a disgrace & an embarrassment.

If I ever watch a Town side play like that - it would be the last game I watch.
Could bring myself to support that utter garbage.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 10:09:10 »

Not one yellow card for timewasting - you have to be a bit impressed.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 10:27:10 »

Blake-Tracey might be going back to Burton in January. That would be a big loss.
He also said he didn’t see himself playing for Burton again.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 10:28:48 »

I see that, however, what I saw today suggests PO not within our reach. I’m pretty much a positive person regarding the Town until it’s mathematically impossible. So it’s still but fuck me not like yesterday it’s not.
Taking yesterday in isolation then no, the playoffs aren't in reach.

Get Clayton back. Get Williams back, Switch to 4 at the back. Actually use substitute when needed (shade, Reed, lavinier), get a bit of confidence back and yes, we have a fair chance of playoffs.

heck, get a key man in January and the autos aren't gone.

still think we could finish anywhere from 3rd to 15th. Based on yesterday I think you know where, based on the recent spell we had before tranmere playoffs are still on
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 11:36:53 »

Only thing worse than Crewe’s blatant cheating was the refs lack of action taken against it.

Exactly this. I would rather get beat than resort to those awful tactics. It was so blatant that it was comical and the officials just  didn’t deal with it from the start
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 12:26:24 »

I’m with you but equally this rule for head injuries is now being exploited.
Just wish the cheating fuckers could be removed from the pitch immediately, need to have a good look at it and bring about a change.
One player went down clutching his ankle then the pain went to his head.

Equally 6 minutes of added time could have been closer to 9.

No excuses mind as to how ineffective we were against them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 12:34:06 »

Just wish the cheating fuckers could be removed from the pitch immediately, need to have a good look at it and bring about a change.

Yeah, think we should let the physio on and the game continue and the player becomes illegible (so doesn’t count towards offside decisions) unless it’s a proper serious head injury.

Going down off the pitch to then roll back on the pitch is blatant cheating - followed by walking slowly to the touch line in front of the DRS to exit the field of play whilst he was on the line to start with - absolute piss take.

On one occasion the ref had to wave the physio on about 5 times before he came on…

Crewe had 30% possession and I reckon about half of that was goal kicks alone.

Like, if it was the last game of the season and they needed the three points that desperately I could just about understand it. In the grand scheme of things there really wasn’t anything at stake more so than a regular 3 points.

Absolutely classless behaviour
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 13:09:44 »

I said similar to my son yesterday, I think anyone who goes down with a head injury should have to leave the pitch & have a concussion check. Even if they get replaced with a temporary sub.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 13:59:47 »

Incredibly frustrating game to watch and Crewe had a game plan which as unpleasant as it was it worked and they go home with the 3 points. Their players were literally laughing at the Town fans getting wound up and pushed it further and further once it was clear and obvious the ref was a wet lettuce. First season for me in The Don Rogers Stand and have never seen so many animated angry people sat around me before at a game. The same people that were applauding the take the knee gesture before kick off were later up in arms towards the end shouting various racist insults towards a couple of their players. Even saw one man pretty much run half way down the steps in a full on fit of rage before coming to his senses. Not much else to add other than we never had a plan B under Garner and even worse plan A at home doesn’t work with Lindsey.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 14:05:34 »

That was fucking abysmal yesterday. Bullshit about us the stats telling us we dominated, we didn’t, we got Shithoused by Crewe who done a proper job on us in every aspect. The ex Oxford boy for them had us all on strings, the less said about him the better. Ref and Lino didn’t have a clue, Crewe did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. Harries fuck ups in lead up to goal. He’s not good enough, simple. Neither is Brennan. FBT was best left back in league, pushed to Centre half and you don’t even know he’s playing. All so Iandolo can get in the XI- Iandolo has offered fuck all this season, poor in defence and poor in attack. Hutton the standout in defence, big future ahead for him.

Gladwin solid enough, tries to make things happen. Khan and Darcy however, awful yesterday.. Both look busy but offering very little at the moment. Khan doesn’t play forward passes, and Darcy does well at running into walls and lines of defence. Louis Reed in the 89th min? Do me a favour 😂😂😂😂😂😂. What’s he gotta do? One of, if not the, best in league last season. League 1 promotion winner season before. Crying out for him and still nothing, he’ll be gone in January 👍.

Wakeling tried hard, Jephcott also.

83 mins to make a sub? Yesterday, Lindsey appeared to be tactically inept. Need to fix up sharpish and find that form from 2/3 weeks ago.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 14:07:02 »

Can all be upset as you like at Crewe shithousing and laughing at us

Mckirdy done it for a whole season last year 👍

It’s great when it’s for you, rotten when it’s against. It’s football.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 14:19:36 »

Can all be upset as you like at Crewe shithousing and laughing at us

Mckirdy done it for a whole season last year 👍

It’s great when it’s for you, rotten when it’s against. It’s football.

Nah, McKirdy never stooped to that level and as a team we never employed those tactics instead of football.

Absolutely not.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 14:33:44 »

I don’t ever recall McKirdy throwing himself to the ground and then lying there kicking his legs like a toddler having a tantrum.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, November 20, 2022, 15:13:03 »

Quote from: DiV

Absolutely classless behaviour

classless, but they leave with the 3 points. It's up to the ref to get a grip imo.

do the end justify the mean? I doubt Crewe care.
------
what are people's view in the penalty?

To me, if that's done in the centre circle you play on. Just because there's contact doesn't mean foul.

But the modern game is what it is. I finished playing about 20 years ago, it's changed.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: