Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26320 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 19:18:02 »

I'm getting proper pissed off watching us atm. We go from Mansfield away to this shit in consecutive weeks.

The way we set up isn't good enough. 5 at the back again isn't working and I'm fed up of typing it out.
We have a goalscorer we can't get the ball to.
A team only set up to play wide.
We have players I'm getting pissed off with when I shouldn't because I think they can be good players but they don't work for us. Darcy is having zero effect on games in his current role. For me his only role is as a 10. Not whatever he is doing floating around in the Louis Reed role.
Crewe changed players and formation. We didn't make a sub until 80 minutes! This is an absolute mirror of garner last season same time of year at home.

Pass, pass pass. Fail- other team counter. Pass pass pass
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 19:44:05 »

You have just saved me from posting.
Thanks as spot on.

We could all see it but clearly the Manager couldn’t.
Just ponderous and so bloody predictable. Why didn’t he change Iandolo?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 19:46:56 »

You have just saved me from posting.
Thanks as spot on.

We could all see it but clearly the Manager couldn’t.
Just ponderous and so bloody predictable. Why didn’t he change Iandolo?

Who for?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 19:51:13 »

Quote from: DiV
Fair but not sure any of that would have made us more potent upfront or turned Iandolo into a footballer or given us any additional outlet other than Hutton.

Just as example. If Shade had been on the bench he probably could have come on for Iandolo and added something different. Or maybe you could have put him through the middle and moved Wakeling wide left.

I see where you're coming from. just felt there was little to lose.

I completely forgot about shade, what's his injury?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 19:51:24 »

Well they were a proper horrible bunch of wankers.
Now I get the time wasting, and even the diving to an extent, but some of their antics would have just been laughable if it hadn’t been for the ref falling for them most of the time.

However, this doesn’t take away from the fact that we were just not very good, and despite having plenty of the ball did next to fuck all with it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 20:00:33 »

I see where you're coming from. just felt there was little to lose.

I completely forgot about shade, what's his injury?

We definitely had nothing to lose…but…we needed to drastically change something.

We’d have been better off chucking FBT up front and going long to him rather than bringing on any of our subs.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 20:13:53 »

Fucking clueless.   Don't understand why SL couldn't see it.   Very disappointing after some top notch away performances
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 20:35:38 »

I'm getting proper pissed off watching us atm. We go from Mansfield away to this shit in consecutive weeks.

The way we set up isn't good enough. 5 at the back again isn't working and I'm fed up of typing it out.
We have a goalscorer we can't get the ball to.
A team only set up to play wide.
We have players I'm getting pissed off with when I shouldn't because I think they can be good players but they don't work for us. Darcy is having zero effect on games in his current role. For me his only role is as a 10. Not whatever he is doing floating around in the Louis Reed role.
Crewe changed players and formation. We didn't make a sub until 80 minutes! This is an absolute mirror of garner last season same time of year at home.

Pass, pass pass. Fail- other team counter. Pass pass pass
Agree with this, just don't get why we set up with a 3 at the back when the players can't do it.
 I don't think we've won a game all season playing 3 at the back and can anyone seriously say that Harries is better than Reed?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 20:41:10 »

Harries?

Reed isn't a defender.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 20:50:49 »

Harries?

Reed isn't a defender.
No he's a midfielder who might, on occasion, be in midfield.   3 at the back, at home, against a shit team is pointless.   Especially when you go behind.  With a 3 one of them must push forward into midfield.  None of our current crop are capable of that
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 21:06:16 »

I was genuinely being that thick there!

you could see Baudry pushing into that space. But  you are right, it didn't work
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 21:21:00 »

FBT kept driving forward with the ball but it was the lack of movement in front of him.
He’d always end up going back to worse yet out to Iandolo.

Not sure Reed would have provided any extra drive or defence splitting runs/passes.
He’s not that type of players. Bringing Reed on for Gladwin/Darcy/Khan would have been so like for like & not game changing imo.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 21:38:03 »

I’m genuinely baffled how we’ve gone from looking lethal, playing four at the back with a midfield diamond, to deciding 3 at the back is the way to go twice on the trot, being toothless both times.

I was struggling to be convinced by SL up to the Mansfield game, so was relieved to see it suddenly click when it did. Back to running short on patience again now though.

FBT is clearly our best outlet down the left, so holding him hostage at CB is borderline criminal in my book. The midfield 3, I’m not sure what their roles are except for just floating about generally. Wakeling and Jephcott have nothing to feed off except the odd ball in from Hutton. It’s just so odd.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 22:35:33 »

Lots of gloomy posts.

Today's performance was poor. But, it's to be expected, insomuch as our best player is away on WC duty, our defence is cobbled together and we have a set of inconsistent young players trying to make their way in the highest div they have played in.

I think we are a mid table L2 team. On a good day we can compete with most, but, there are the odd bad days and a number of frustrating ones.

Not sure that lambasting Lyndsey is the right call - It might be, but, others might only be able to get the same out of this group.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 22:57:32 »

FBT kept driving forward with the ball but it was the lack of movement in front of him.
He’d always end up going back to worse yet out to Iandolo.

Not sure Reed would have provided any extra drive or defence splitting runs/passes.
He’s not that type of players. Bringing Reed on for Gladwin/Darcy/Khan would have been so like for like & not game changing imo.
What about trying a back 4?  Reed instead of iandolo for example.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: