Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26340 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 11:30:34 »

Bring it on.
I see we haven't beaten a team at home in the league by more than 1 goal since Rochdale in August. Be nice to get a 2-0 or a 3-1 for a change.
Crewe beat Orient in the cup and have just beaten ColU, but they are bottom.

3-1 Town after conceding a 2nd minute goal.

3-1 att: 9,621 (193 away)

The 3 ticket bundle deal starts this match so I am predicting a slightly higher crowd.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 11:52:44 »

The 3 ticket bundle deal starts this match so I am predicting a slightly higher crowd.

First I've heard of it?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 12:25:05 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/october/match-ticket-bundles-now-available/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 14:33:18 »

Bring it on.
I see we haven't beaten a team at home in the league by more than 1 goal since Rochdale in August. Be nice to get a 2-0 or a 3-1 for a change.
Crewe beat Orient in the cup and have just beaten ColU, but they are bottom.

3-1 Town after conceding a 2nd minute goal.

3-1 att: 9,621 (193 away)

Apparently Colchester missed 2/3 golden chances and Crewe we’re lucky to win.

‘Lee Bell has confirmed this morning that leading goalscorer Baker-Richardson will be out for ‘the foreseeable future’.’
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 14:39:13 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 16:32:43 »

I hope the three match bundles continue and i hope it isnt a method of bumping up Boxing day.

Im all over that deal.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 17, 2022, 11:38:30 »

Crewe got their first win in 8 league games with a 1-0 victory over bottom of the table Colchester on Saturday.

Alex sit in 16th place with just 5 wins and 7 draws so far but having lost just 5 games which is the 7th lowest loss count in L2 (we have lost 3 making us equal 2nd lowest behind Orient).

So far they have score just 16 times (5th lowest in L2) and conceded 20 goals which is only 2 more than Town have conceded.

Their top scorer is striker Courtney Baker-Richardson on 7 and Daniel Agyei on 5, the rest have scored single goals only.

They are currently managerless with ex player Lee Bell in temporary charge of team affairs as they look for a new manager after Alex Morris unusually stepped down to become assistant manager only 2 weeks ago after a winless run of 9 games.

Crewe have ex Town midfielders Conor Thomas and Charlei Colkett in the squad and tend to play in a 4321 Christmas Tree formation with the Sambou up front as a target man.

They were very lucky against Colchester with Colchester having the much better chances but the very tall young Crewe keeper Arthur Okonkwo (on loan from Arsenal and Wollacott lookalike) won all the plaudits with his MotM performance after Colchester had 13 shots against them with 6 on target.

From the Crewe forum after Saturdays win....
A classical example of how to put in a truly woeful display and win a game.

It was truly woeful. Sambou should understand from that performance that he is not a number 9.
However, the positives: Arthur is truly emerging as a good goalkeeper and Luke Offord is confirming himself as one of the outstanding defenders of the division. Colkett looks like he could be useful in adding some entertainment to the team.
Apart from those there's not much to say. I just can't wait much longer for the return of Mcdonald, Ainley, CBR and most of all Long.

We found a way to win a truly awful game. Arthur was mom with two blinding low down saves and the one decent bit of football with a superb cross from Uwakwe on to Agyei's head won us the game.
Midfield subs Colkett and Finney improved us in the second half. Shout out to Sambou...the guy worked his socks off and it was appreciated by the crowd. Billy Sass is going backwards I'm afraid, good in the air, but the rest of a centre half's game has disappeared from his performance

I'd have been feeling pretty depressed tonight without Arthur between the sticks that's for sure.

Crewe are going backwards fast

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 17, 2022, 14:16:59 »

2-1 Swindon Att: 9,210 (280 away fans)

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 17, 2022, 14:41:07 »

Crewe got their first win in 8 league games with a 1-0 victory over bottom of the table Colchester on Saturday.

Alex sit in 16th place with just 5 wins and 7 draws so far but having lost just 5 games which is the 7th lowest loss count in L2 (we have lost 3 making us equal 2nd lowest behind Orient).

So far they have score just 16 times (5th lowest in L2) and conceded 20 goals which is only 2 more than Town have conceded.

Their top scorer is striker Courtney Baker-Richardson on 7 and Daniel Agyei on 5, the rest have scored single goals only.

They are currently managerless with ex player Lee Bell in temporary charge of team affairs as they look for a new manager after Alex Morris unusually stepped down to become assistant manager only 2 weeks ago after a winless run of 9 games.

Crewe have ex Town midfielders Conor Thomas and Charlei Colkett in the squad and tend to play in a 4321 Christmas Tree formation with the Sambou up front as a target man.

They were very lucky against Colchester with Colchester having the much better chances but the very tall young Crewe keeper Arthur Okonkwo (on loan from Arsenal and Wollacott lookalike) won all the plaudits with his MotM performance after Colchester had 13 shots against them with 6 on target.

Got Swindon defeat written all over it hasn't it!
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 17, 2022, 14:41:44 »

Believe this lad is now out injured - Courtney Baker-Richardson
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 17, 2022, 14:46:51 »

Believe this lad is now out injured - Courtney Baker-Richardson
He is indeed, a bad hamstring injury.

Got Swindon defeat written all over it hasn't it!
As I was writing it thats all I was thinking too!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 17, 2022, 14:58:18 »

Piece of piss. 4-1
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 17, 2022, 15:29:40 »

Piece of piss. 4-1
You’ll get it right one day Aud !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 17, 2022, 15:48:28 »

Got it spot on April 15. Harrogate 1 Swindon 4

Better than JJ’s perennial 0-0’s!
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 17, 2022, 16:23:05 »

I reckon there will be goals for both sides.

Could be 3-2.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 17, 2022, 17:35:59 »

Need to win this one.

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: