Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockport County v Swindon Town FA Cup, pre match chat & match day thread  (Read 25533 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 15:10:06 »

Do the non televised ifollow games get made available through ifollow either here or abroad? Was hoping to watch from home but I don't think will be able to.

Would expect to see some squad rotation here and as long as we're competitive and play ok, then not overly bothered by the result as much as a cup run would be nice.

Doesn't look like we're taking many based on the last ticket office tweet

https://twitter.com/STFC_Ticket/status/1587008847486636032
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 15:20:44 »

Not televised at all. Suspect Lindsey views this as a bit of a free hit. He’ll stick with the formation that blitzed Mansfield and hope for a similar outcome whereby we score more than we let in.

When does Williams join up with Wales? I’d leave him out of this game, play Darcy in the 10 role and replace Darcy with Reed. Hopefully Tim Brooke Taylor is back. Brennan has impressed given his chance.

Could be a chance for Roberts, too - cracking header when he came on.

Can’t believe we can have players with the quality of Reed to come on off the bench.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 15:29:40 »

When does Williams join up with Wales? I’d leave him out of this game, play Darcy in the 10 role and replace Darcy with Reed.

Would do the exact same.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 15:45:34 »

No need for wholesale changes with a free week before & after, unless someone has been carrying a niggle etc and assuming that the loanees will be allowed to play.
Hopefully any changes from Saturday will be kept within the regular matchday 18, so wouldn't want to see a Trophy type lineup.

Considering the end result last season, the FA Cup needs be taken seriously.
Given that there are only 2 league games in November & both at home, then fitting a replay in shouldn't be an issue either.

Just waiting on revised train timetable tomorrow before deciding on whether to make the trip.
No guarantee that it will even be possible.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 15:51:30 »

Tenner a ticket is not half bad, is this just a cup thing or are all Stockport tickets as cheap?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 16:03:50 »

cup thing.

normal Stockport Prices:

Adults (18+) £20
Students £14
Age 65+ £14
Disabled Fans £14
Youth 14-17 £7
Junior 6-13 £7
Infant 0-5 FREE
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 16:44:19 »

Doesn't look like we're taking many based on the last ticket office tweet

Suspect trains being on strike won't be helping.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 17:35:05 »

I really like the FA Cup despite the fact that it became totally devalued with the advent of the Premier League bollocks. It really pisses me off when even the crappier end of the pyramid put out weakened teams. The City game last season was one of the highlights of the season and a good little earner for the club.

I shall be going on Saturday because i am totally committed in my support for the club and it's only 10 miles from home.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 19:05:36 »

I'm back in the UK on Friday for 9 nights so going to this, good eat in fish and chip shop up there that my old man and I have frequented several times over the years, will be twice in one season on Saturday after visiting before the league fixture.  Got Tranmere on the 12th too.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 19:08:40 »

Suspect trains being on strike won't be helping.

I looked at the train timings and the train line said no tickets available for my selected journey. Unsure if its strike action or just a popular route close to Christmas.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 19:11:21 »

I looked at the train timings and the train line said no tickets available for my selected journey. Unsure if its strike action or just a popular route close to Christmas.

Strikes planned for.November 5th but don't know where you're travelling from.

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/industrialaction.aspx

So, give no fucks
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 19:13:31 »

Strikes planned for.November 5th but don't know where you're travelling from.

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/industrialaction.aspx

Still bought my tickets though, will drive just trying to change them from. The open end I bought in to the side covered stand to avoid the rain. Didn't do my homework like a nobber
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 19:15:37 »

Still bought my tickets though, will drive just trying to change them from. The open end I bought in to the side covered stand to avoid the rain. Didn't do my homework like a nobber

Don't be so hard on yourself 😀 Fair play for persevering.

So, give no fucks
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 19:16:45 »

Don't be so hard on yourself 😀 Fair play for persevering.

😂😂
I mean who has seating on an old terrace and doesn't put a roof on it? 🙄
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 19:29:36 »

The open end I bought in to the side covered stand to avoid the rain. Didn't do my homework like a nobber

It's pretty shite if it's sunny as well, from recollection when we went, almost an entire half was looking into a low winter sun, could see sod all.

Sent from my SM-A125F
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: