Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Monkey Hangers Pre Match Chat & Match day Thread ‘22-‘23  (Read 13067 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 05:32:05 »

Well on paper a nailed on home win. Or is it? Dare mortgage your wife, kids and house to screw the bookies or will we implode the ‘Swindon Way’ gifting the opposition a very, very early Christmas present?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 07:20:32 »

Swindon Beer Festival @ Steam this weekend.
Fiver on the door tomorrow from 11.
An opportunity for a fine ale or two before the game.
Ideal.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 07:26:10 »

Piece of piss, 4-1.

Maybe the Man from Laramie can get some ooomph into our attacking third.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 08:45:29 »

We've been alternating wins/losses for the last 8 games (including Pizza Cup nonsense). This game should be a win as a result.

Fingers crossed.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 08:53:17 »

Anyone got any freebies? I am a tight bastard and the boy wants to go...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 08:55:10 »

As I mentioned in the Pizza Cup thread, we continue to look good on the ball without ever looking overly dangerous. If SL and various coaches can sort that out, we could be looking up the table.

In Colchester and Hartlepool at home we couldn't have had 2 kinder fixtures before tougher assignments at Valley Parade and Field Mill. (or their sponsor heavy equivalent names) We got the 3 points against a pretty abject Colchester, if anything on paper this crowd are worse and putting them to the sword would be lovely. They have Menayese as a CB. Last time he played here Walsall were taken apart, a repeat would certainly be peachy. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:01:24 »

As I mentioned in the Pizza Cup thread, we continue to look good on the ball without ever looking overly dangerous. If SL and various coaches can sort that out, we could be looking up the table.

Indeed, we look an excellent football team in the middle of the pitch. If we could look even half as good at the top end we'd be onto something...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:12:59 »

Indeed, we look an excellent football team in the middle of the pitch. If we could look even half as good at the top end we'd be onto something...

Absolutely agree. I do still think our defence looks a mess at times but we've conceded 13 in 14 games, probably thanks to having Sol Brynn who has been busier than perhaps SL would have liked. I guess getting the final third sorted is the hard part. SL and co look to have the middle of the pitch sorted as you say. (Would be nice if we can get Reed integrated somehow) We've come unstuck against Northampton and Stevenage so far, Bradford and Mansfield will be a barometer of how much we've learned from those defeats. Going into those games off the back of a big win against the monkey hangers would be a right fillip.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 14:22:33 »

Everything points to a win. Say 1-0.

Adeloye to score a wonder goal
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 14:27:03 »

3-0 Swindon Att: 8.590 (135 Pool)

So, give no fucks
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 14:36:42 »

Anything other than a high scoring win would be unacceptable. Last week was drab, I'm hoping for a far better performance which excites, an early goal for Town would certainly help that.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 14:43:22 »

0-0 in front of 8,789 with 115 Poolies there.

Khan MotM.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 17:03:35 »

Same as last week a dominant 1-0 win where Town create very few chances with 80% possession.

DMC

« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 17:07:54 »

I will take that. I am going for a 3-0 home win
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 17:09:00 »

Swindon 2-0 Hartlepool. 8111 with 132 monkeyhangers.

Jephcott and Gladwin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: