Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon Town Paint, Leasing & Pizza Trophy  (Read 9861 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 19:27:37 »

FT 0-3

Meaningless game, Lavinier the best player for me.

Result doesnt matter at all, no shots (that I can remember) on target does bother me though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 19:29:54 »

A few sore legs in the morning. Think there's next to no chance of anyone who played the 90 starting on Saturday. Glad not to get that ref in a league game.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 19:29:55 »

Tosser ref made that pointless. Some of ours way off the first team, but Lavinier very lively, Iandolo fairly decent. That was about it.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 19:42:47 »

Never going to get a result.
You’d have to be pretty rubbish to not win against 9 men….oh wait…
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 08:23:40 »

Decided to give this a go last night. Interesting game overall, at 11 v 11 we dominated proceedings without looking hugely dangerous or making any chances. Someone mentioned it earlier on the thread but our attacking play rarely seems to end with a chance in the box however on the few occasions Rovers attacked (in the first half) they seemed to have space in and around the areas. A couple of good blocks from us when they were in good positions. From the off Brennan and Harries looked like a problem. Brennan was in 'take no prisoners' mode and put in a cruncher that another ref might have deemed a straight red. Perhaps young Ciaran fancied a night off as he got wrong side of the Rovers attacker and brought him down for a simple yellow and an early bath. The Aguiar sending off was just wrong, he may well have caught him via clumsiness but there was no malice or stamp and it ruined what had been an even game.

Even with 9 at times we looked the better side, but Rovers weirdly decided to bring on their first team player and eased to a 3-goal win. That said we had a great chance to equalise when Iandolo put Shade through, and his cut back was inches away from Adeloye who rather than put the ball in the net, fouled the defender. Can't help thinking Tomi might have done better. Overall you can't really fault the effort of the team, I thought Shade and Lavinier played quite well, others in patches. I know it's very harsh to judge a player on such little time but I can't see Parsons being here in 3 years, (think he's on a 3 year contract) I hope he proves me wrong and he becomes the next Scott Twine but he's yet to impress.

Oh I had Ed Hadwin on my commentary along with some old Bristol bumpkin, why is his name familiar? (Hadwin I mean)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 08:34:12 »

One of my pet hates with Garner was his constant moaning about referees and decisions (I guess this was to take attention from his players or whatever) so it's refreshing to hear that SL barely made any complaint about the referee, even though he would have been perfectly entitled to.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 08:34:32 »

Ed Hadwin did wilts sound for years around early 2000's
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 09:11:38 »

Of mild interest, if you include Pizza Trophy Games (which is a stretch, obviously), we're now on an eight game win-loss-win-loss pattern going back to Doncaster away. No draws at all since drawing 5 of our first 9 up to Gillingham.

The good news is we're on for a win at the weekend!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 09:28:05 »

Of mild interest, if you include Pizza Trophy Games (which is a stretch, obviously), we're now on an eight game win-loss-win-loss pattern going back to Doncaster away. No draws at all since drawing 5 of our first 9 up to Gillingham.

The good news is we're on for a win at the weekend!
Interesting.

FWIW Hartlepool are current L2 whipping boys who are bottom of the table and have conceded 25 goals in the previous 14 games and only have 1 win so far this season and just 9 points with 7 defeats.

Also they were turned over 6-0 at home by an Everton U21 side last night.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 10:19:56 »

Let's hope we get some shots on target.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 10:20:31 »

Decided to give this a go last night. Interesting game overall, at 11 v 11 we dominated proceedings without looking hugely dangerous or making any chances. Someone mentioned it earlier on the thread but our attacking play rarely seems to end with a chance in the box however on the few occasions Rovers attacked (in the first half) they seemed to have space in and around the areas. A couple of good blocks from us when they were in good positions. From the off Brennan and Harries looked like a problem. Brennan was in 'take no prisoners' mode and put in a cruncher that another ref might have deemed a straight red. Perhaps young Ciaran fancied a night off as he got wrong side of the Rovers attacker and brought him down for a simple yellow and an early bath. The Aguiar sending off was just wrong, he may well have caught him via clumsiness but there was no malice or stamp and it ruined what had been an even game.

Even with 9 at times we looked the better side, but Rovers weirdly decided to bring on their first team player and eased to a 3-goal win. That said we had a great chance to equalise when Iandolo put Shade through, and his cut back was inches away from Adeloye who rather than put the ball in the net, fouled the defender. Can't help thinking Tomi might have done better. Overall you can't really fault the effort of the team, I thought Shade and Lavinier played quite well, others in patches. I know it's very harsh to judge a player on such little time but I can't see Parsons being here in 3 years, (think he's on a 3 year contract) I hope he proves me wrong and he becomes the next Scott Twine but he's yet to impress.

Oh I had Ed Hadwin on my commentary along with some old Bristol bumpkin, why is his name familiar? (Hadwin I mean)

Good summary Bob's Orange. Me and you clearly see the game in a similar way! In which case, think you'd like the Loathed Strangers podcast looking back at the game - I was on with JR Williams.

And yes, Ed Hadwin was the BBC Wiltshire sports reporter and STFC commentator for years in the early 2000s. I worked with him briefly at BBC Wilts in 2008, when I was on a work experience placement at BBC Wilts. Lovely chap, good commentator too. Think he's been doing the Bristol Rovers stuff a long while now as well.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 10:25:51 »

Good summary Bob's Orange. Me and you clearly see the game in a similar way! In which case, think you'd like the Loathed Strangers podcast looking back at the game - I was on with JR Williams.

And yes, Ed Hadwin was the BBC Wiltshire sports reporter and STFC commentator for years in the early 2000s. I worked with him briefly at BBC Wilts in 2008, when I was on a work experience placement at BBC Wilts. Lovely chap, good commentator too. Think he's been doing the Bristol Rovers stuff a long while now as well.

Cheers Dan. I've got the LS Podcasts stored up for when I go to the gym, I am a little behind on my listening so hoping to catchup this week - I'm only on the end of the Newport at the moment so I have some catching up to do Smiley

Ed Hadwin was pretty good last night I thought, fairly un-biased overall and didn't get too carried away with the win, which was clearly all down to the 2 reds cards.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 11:06:14 »

Let's hope we get some shots on target.

Might help us score some goals if we do Smiley
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, October 20, 2022, 00:08:38 »

Just watched the goals; the first two were very good finishes! Will Aguiar be banned for 3 league matches now? I wonder if we can appeal. The matchday video footage really didn’t seem to get the best view of the incident.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, October 20, 2022, 06:24:29 »

no, league/other cup punishment for the red cards in the pizza. What goes on in the Pizza cup stays in the pizza cup.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 20, 2022, 13:03:19 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: