Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harry Mckirdy  (Read 7319 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 01:50:19 »

Noticed he hasn't featured much after his "big" move to Hibs. Must be tough for a centre of attention kind of player.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 03:26:15 »

Noticed he hasn't featured much after his "big" move to Hibs. Must be tough for a centre of attention kind of player.
I was thinking much the same. Hibs are in a good vein of form at the moment…. But the fact we’ve now got 2or 3 players prepared to attack and run at the opposition (albeit in a more controlled fashion and not collapse like a rag-doll at the faintest touch)  means we haven’t really missed him…

It’s a shame really because him and Jack were good for us and are now just squad players
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 03:29:17 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 04:12:57 »

He’s been suspended hasn’t he?

Things get better but they never get good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 05:29:13 »

He was only suspended for 1 more game after leaving us.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 05:31:05 »

Suspended, International break and on the bench last week.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 05:36:25 »

Yeah, he had the rest of his suspension to serve.
Plus he’s probably need to / been give time to move (if he did) settle in the country/club and take time to get his head around the tactics they play. What his role in the team will be and all that.

Hibs are on decent form as well, so in essence no rush to throw him straight in.

Our team is set up differently this year and we appear to have a few players capable of making something happen - where as last year it felt like if it wasn’t happening for McKirdy or Payne then we’d get nothing creative.
So far this season we are getting creativity from Gladwin, Shade, Darcy, Wakeling, FBT and Hutton. Maybe not as consistently as Payne and McKirdy but you’re better off with 6 players providing 5 goals/assists then two players getting 10…

I think our more directness + Jephcott coming in would have been great for McKirdy but alas he’s gone, so far we’ve moved on quite well.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 06:59:36 »

Yeah, he had the rest of his suspension to serve.
Plus he’s probably need to / been give time to move (if he did) settle in the country/club and take time to get his head around the tactics they play. What his role in the team will be and all that.

Hibs are on decent form as well, so in essence no rush to throw him straight in.

Our team is set up differently this year and we appear to have a few players capable of making something happen - where as last year it felt like if it wasn’t happening for McKirdy or Payne then we’d get nothing creative.
So far this season we are getting creativity from Gladwin, Shade, Darcy, Wakeling, FBT and Hutton. Maybe not as consistently as Payne and McKirdy but you’re better off with 6 players providing 5 goals/assists then two players getting 10…

I think our more directness + Jephcott coming in would have been great for McKirdy but alas he’s gone, so far we’ve moved on quite well.

Agree with all your post, plus I think Khan could be added to the creative list, he helped or assisted goals goals earlier in the season.

ust be the oldest
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 07:10:08 »

The last 6 games have highlighted the advantages of strength in depth something that was a concern last season.
You actually look at the bench now and believe we can change games.
Last season was more of a dread thinking we would lose a starting player through injury.

Equally always need to give players a decent run at a club.
The treatment Brynn received early on was pathetic from a fair number of our fanbase.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 08:03:43 »

Agree totally with that .
I would also add that managers also need to be given time - the criticism of Lindsey before the new squad had been given time to settle was ludicrous- culminating in the “you don’t know what you’re doing “ chant when Jephcott was replaced against Sutton because it was clear he had run out of steam in that game.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 08:59:38 »

I don't really pay much attention to players once they have left

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 12:08:07 »

Harry has played in every game hes been available for since signing for Hibs.

Harry signed on 1st September, they have had 3 games due to the international weekend.

Hibs 1-0 Kilmarnock Harry comes off bench
Hibs 3-1 Aberdeen Harry is suspended
Hibs 2-0 Ross County Harry comes off bench

So, far from not being involved hes played in every game that hes not been banned in.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 12:23:24 »

Harry is a force of nature, off the back of a very good season wouldn't be surprised to see him feature in the Hibs first team sooner rather than later.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 14:04:11 »

I don't really pay much attention to players once they have left

Agreed. No longer a Town player so don’t really care about him anymore. Time we all moved on.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 18:28:07 »

Miss his "shithousery"!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 21:45:32 »

Agreed. No longer a Town player so don’t really care about him anymore. Time we all moved on.

So we delete the Ex Swindon Town players where are they now thread?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: