Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Restrictions on kids entering the county ground  (Read 3895 times)
doomster

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 06:24:05 »

Last night my 14 year old was refused entry with his season ticket as he wasn’t with an adult (and a load of his mates and a few other randoms).  I struggle to fathom the policy so would appreciate if anyone can explain it the steward said something about football league enforcing it?

I have season ticket in Don Rogers so had to go out to sort it out. 
We allowed him to go in The town end for a little independence in a controlled environment, so it would be a sad day if they continue to block entry.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 06:46:14 »

in the back of my mind i thought there was an ' accompanied by adult' policy - but I can't see it anywhere on the website which is obviously not acceptable if one exists. Shouldn't have to hunt for it, it should be on the tickets page

Also I was frisked going into the drs yesterday. I think everyone was. that's new
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 06:48:52 »

Can understand it in a way but how many of us oldies started by going to football in the early days with a Mate ?,  don’t think i would have enjoyed it as much if I was ‘supervised’ by an adult.  Kids are our next generation of supporters,  refuse them entry, they’ll soon find other things to do.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:28:13 »

I don't think I ever went to football *with* an adult after the age of about 11. TE and DRS.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:40:50 »

I saw that last night as I was a couple of minutes late out of the pub  Smiley
I didn't know what was going on. To be fair to the lads they didn't get chopsy and were grateful to be let in.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:45:51 »

in the back of my mind i thought there was an ' accompanied by adult' policy - but I can't see it anywhere on the website which is obviously not acceptable if one exists. Shouldn't have to hunt for it, it should be on the tickets page

Also I was frisked going into the drs yesterday. I think everyone was. that's new

Been like that in the TE for some time.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:49:18 »

I wasn't but my 8 year old was.... (That's a joke before anyone kicks off!)

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 08:44:29 »

Been like that in the TE for some time.

You but that makes sense, you are all dodgy cheap seat dwellers.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 08:52:15 »

It will be a safeguarding thing, and possibly the club have recently updated their safeguarding policies (I recall there is always a specific safeguarding section in the advisory minutes).

A rudimentary look on that Googlebox suggests that under 14's cannot go into Old Trafford unaccompanied and under 16's at Anfield, so I suspect there  is no hard and fast rule and its discretionary to the club to set their own policy.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 6, 2022, 12:38:38 »

I don't think I ever went to football *with* an adult after the age of about 11. TE and DRS.

Times change though, years ago 13/14 roaming the streets late at night etc wasn't an issue but sadly now it isn't safe in a lot of areas.

Probably find u16's have to be accompanied, should something happen to them then the club would not be able to contact an adult for medical consent etc etc as it is not their responsibly, whereas I assume at 16 the child is classed as old enough to give consent for things

Just my ramblings...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 14, 2022, 10:33:56 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/october/important-reminder-for-fans-around-match-days/
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 14, 2022, 10:46:31 »

Seating in the townend?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 14, 2022, 11:36:16 »

People standing on the yellow bits pisses me off.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 14, 2022, 12:19:22 »

Daft rule. Can only imagine it’s something health and safety related (does it affect clubs liability in an incident if kids technically can’t consent to terms and conditions?) but does nothing to support growing the younger fanbase.

Would imagine a decent proportion of us on here went to football unsupervised under the age of 16

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 14, 2022, 12:50:40 »

Daft rule. Can only imagine it’s something health and safety related (does it affect clubs liability in an incident if kids technically can’t consent to terms and conditions?) but does nothing to support growing the younger fanbase.

Would imagine a decent proportion of us on here went to football unsupervised under the age of 16

I strongly suspect as much as anything it will be about safeguarding and possibly linked to various government initiatives/concerns about under 16's being groomed, be it sexually or ideologically (so for instance terrorism/hooliganism).

When I because a school governor I had to do loads of online courses on the issues.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: