Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wasps Nest  (Read 3913 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 13:34:43 »

Any suggestions on how to kill the stripey bastards in the attic, fine when they stay up there but pricks now coming down into house and missus has been stung twice!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 13:45:18 »

A fly swat and a big stick.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 13:48:54 »

Or a plastic bag 

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 14:22:10 »

Do you know where they are coming into the attic?

Put a ladder up to the hole, or if ground level find the entry point, leave during the day and as it’s dusk puff wasp powder (get it from any DIY store, B&Q etc) - Done it loads of times and not been stung once and by the next day problem sorted.

Saves paying out £60 or so for a pest controller.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 14:22:56 »

Blackbirds, Magpies, starlings etc all eat slugs. Chuck a load of them up there?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 14:58:51 »

Or a plastic bag 

We did the plastic bag approach when we got shot of a nest at the back of the attic, but that time had the advantage that we had the roof off at the time so it was easily accessible to spray the fuck out of it when we removed it, at this stage the location is unknown.

Do you know where they are coming into the attic?

Put a ladder up to the hole, or if ground level find the entry point, leave during the day and as it’s dusk puff wasp powder (get it from any DIY store, B&Q etc) - Done it loads of times and not been stung once and by the next day problem sorted.

Saves paying out £60 or so for a pest controller.

I know how they get in and out and that will be closed once what I assume is a nest up there is removed!

Blackbirds, Magpies, starlings etc all eat slugs. Chuck a load of them up there?

What Blackbirds, Magpies, starlings or slugs?
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 15:08:47 »

Whatever you do, DO NOT follow this example-

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=970804289948707
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 16:30:46 »

We did the plastic bag approach when we got shot of a nest at the back of the attic, but that time had the advantage that we had the roof off at the time so it was easily accessible to spray the fuck out of it when we removed it, at this stage the location is unknown.

I know how they get in and out and that will be closed once what I assume is a nest up there is removed!

What Blackbirds, Magpies, starlings or slugs?

Mate don’t close the hole up until you blast it with the wasp powder.
They will take it to the nest and within 2 days max you won’t see them coming in and out of that hole👍
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 12:04:17 »

You can by some spray off of Amazon - we used it for a nest in the garden

search for wasp nest foam - I think its called "Zero In Ultra Power" - it worked surprisingly well, better than I expected tbh
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 18:28:51 »

I smoke bombed mine , then sealed the gap up with expanding foam, they don't like being smoke bombed !!!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 15:42:49 »

Just an update, I smoke bombed the stripey bastards a couple of times which calmed it all down, plus its been colder so we have had nothing since the end of October, so left the loft shut with a view to finding the nest and getting rid come winter.

Had reason to go up into the attic today to get the Christmas Decs down and had a poke about, found the nest and its fucking huge so now trying to decide what I can put it in to get it out via the hatch and away, seriously its bigger than the neck of a sodding bin liner!

Cheeky fuckers!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 15:54:30 »

Have you seen the film Aliens?  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 15:55:38 »

The other night - whenever England played USA - we randomly had 3 wasps appear. 2 I managed to vanquish with a rolled up newspaper and the third one seemed to hover about and then disappeared. (it may have got bored watching the football and committed wasp suicide somehow)

The room at the time was roasting as we had the woodburner on and I suspect they may have been lured out from wherever they were because of the heat? We haven't had anything since but I'm fearful there have been nests somewhere in the house. Is under floorboards an option? We have bees that have nested above the utility area which I have left alone as bees are nature, but I really do not like the idea of the other stripy creatures sharing the property.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 16:04:05 »

Have you seen the film Aliens?  Smiley

Don't the wife is totally freaked out by it, and we are not telling the 9 year old what we have found, the wasps in the house upset her enough!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 16:05:49 »

It looks gruesome! What about two people trying to hold a sheet around it and hitting it off.

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: