Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22119 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 14:14:50 »

Due a draw 1-1, I'm always wrong anyway.

ust be the oldest
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 14:40:02 »

Thought that Lindsey seemed a lot more at ease in the pre match interview.
Maybe a sign that he feels more comfortable in the job or just that Hawes gets on his tits more than Hodgetts does.

We'll need to do our bit tomorrow & hopefully rediscover the atmosphere from the back end of last season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 14:50:25 »

Thought that Lindsey seemed a lot more at ease in the pre match interview.
Maybe a sign that he feels more comfortable in the job or just that Hawes gets on his tits more than Hodgetts does.

We'll need to do our bit tomorrow & hopefully rediscover the atmosphere from the back end of last season.

Probably the 3 wins on the bounce I expect…
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 16:11:13 »

Any coincidence we’ve improved since McKirdy left. Seems a bit perverse but . . .
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 16:32:59 »

Was thinking the other day that Mckirdy hasn't really been missed.

Lost some flair & goals maybe but gaining a team that might prove to be greater than the sum of its parts.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 16:41:21 »

Something has definitely changed. We’ve slowly morphed into a decent team. Back 3 dropped and Lindsey being somewhat forced into various starting XI changes and we’ve happened upon the current team. Not sure Reed would have started if Khan wasn’t suspended. That’s a sign of how we’ve progressed.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 18:23:31 »

Was thinking the other day that Mckirdy hasn't really been missed.

Lost some flair & goals maybe but gaining a team that might prove to be greater than the sum of its parts.

Been thinking this myself. We missed him badly when injured/suspended last season (and this) but now that he's gone, it appears there is life after McKirdy.

Related, saw a tweet of Hibs' team photo with McKirdy looking rebellious. Their fans seem to have taken to him.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 21:43:10 »

Always puts a shift in.

So, give no fucks
swindon74

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 08:09:51 »

Anyone jumping on the M4 for the game today, it’s closed between junction 15 and 16. Might be re-opened by the time you need to leave. But worth keeping an eye on.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 08:33:28 »

Well we missed him against Stockport and Gillingham but the arrival of Jephcott has alleviated the loss of McKirdy

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 08:53:12 »

Quote from: swindon74
Anyone jumping on the M4 for the game today, it’s closed between junction 15 and 16. Might be re-opened by the time you need to leave. But worth keeping an eye on.

yeah, smart motorway upgrade. it's a shit. last week there were 2 or 3 hours queues in reading

obviously less of an issue for footy this time, but the trains being on strike doesn't help anyone traveling to the smoke
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 09:28:48 »

Due a draw 1-1, I'm always wrong anyway.

Me too, and you’ll be happy to hear I’m predicting a 2-1 defeat
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 10:00:37 »

Cant come today as Im working in Glasgow.  So Im going to see Partick Thistle Vs Greenock Morton.  Ill keep you all up to date on that and then bang on for ages about how we should sign so great young player Ive seen.

Oh and I have no idea what the score will be today.  Its all too positive at the moment so Ill go for a 0-1 loss with Wakeling getting injured and out for 3 months.

Never knowingly overstated.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 10:10:41 »

Tight 1-0
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 10:29:46 »

Cant come today as Im working in Glasgow.  So Im going to see Partick Thistle Vs Greenock Morton.  Ill keep you all up to date on that and then bang on for ages about how we should sign so great young player Ive seen.

Oh and I have no idea what the score will be today.  Its all too positive at the moment so Ill go for a 0-1 loss with Wakeling getting injured and out for 3 months.

That's the spirit 🙂
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: